Mediaportal with uncommitted Disceq (1 Viewer)

ozkarah

Portal Member
March 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear mm1352000,

thanks for the great help. it also worked for me (v1.1.3). however, as 1.2.0 b release is postponed isn't it possible to revert the target release with 1.2.0 back ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ozkarah

No, it isn't possible. We have reached 100% on the Mantis bug tracker as you can see. That means that the code has been frozen - no more commits unless absolutely necessary to get 1.2.0b released. The dates there are just indications. I think you will find that the release of 1.2.0b will be closer than what it says there. ;)

ozkarah

Portal Member
    March 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear mm1352000,

It would be geat if you could create a new patch based on 1.2.0 beta ...

by the way I like the way tuner configuration is done in dreambox enigma 2
    I will send you the screenshots soon

ssenyer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2010
    Tekirdağ
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Hi,

Here is my suggestion;

if we can see channel list for each transponder at scan result page instead of ".. new channels found" it will be helpfull.

ozkarah

Portal Member
    March 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm1352000,

Is there any update about the issue? I am very happy with 1.2.0 beta. However, not possible to watch one satellite beacuse of this lnb setting issue. We apreciate if you could reissue the patch based on 1.2.0 beta.

thanks...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ozkarah

I have not forgotten this issue. Over the weekend I spent a lot of time merging the patch code with 1.2.0b. I have a problem with compiling one part of the code. As soon as I can sort that out I will post a patch...

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

*Big* apologies for the delay - updating the code was not straightforward... :sorry:

I've attached the patch files for 1.2.0b to this post. The instructions are a little complicated, so please read carefully and feel free to ask questions if necessary.

Instructions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PRE-INSTALL/UPGRADE

If you intend to:
    - do an upgrade from 1.2.0a to 1.2.0b or a clean install of 1.2.0b AND
    - keep your old database AND
    - you're already using my patch for 1.2.0a AND
    - you're using SQL Server

...then please run the SQL_Server_Before_Upgrade.sql script first.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Stop the TVService if TV Server is installed.
    2. Install or upgrade to 1.2.0b.
    3. Stop the TVService if it is running.
    4. Take a backup of the following files in your TV Server install folder:

- SetupControls.dll
    - SetupTv.exe
    - TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll
    - TVLibrary.dll
    - TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll
    - TvLibrary.Utils.dll
    - TvService.exe

5. Download and extract the files in Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.0b].zip into your TV Server install folder.
    6. Copy the following files into your MediaPortal client install folder:

- TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll

POST-INSTALL/UPGRADE

If you already installed my patch for 1.2.0a and you use MySQL then you don't have to do anything else.

If you are installing my patch for the first time then run either MySQL_Changes.sql *or* SQL_Server_Changes.sql (depending on which database you use).

If you needed to run SQL_Server_Before_Upgrade.sql then you need to run SQL_Server_After_Upgrade.sql.

...and you're done! :D
    Start the TV Service and everything should work. If you have any problems or you're not sure what database scripts to run then *please ask* - it is better to ask than to mess up your database/MP installation!

Best regards,
    mm

Attachments

• Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.0b].zip
      1.1 MB
    • DB Scripts[1.2.0b].zip
      2.1 KB

ozkarah

Portal Member
    March 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    dear mm1352000,

it works great. thank you very much for the interest and the effort. For the new satellite configuration screen may be you can refer to the screenshots attached. They are from Dreambox enigma2 advanced tuner configuration as I mentioned before. I hope it helps

Thanks again... universal_lnb.jpg

custom_lnb.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ozkarah

It is good to know that the patch works for you. :D
    Regarding the dreambox settings: those are very advanced. We might be able to add some of them:

Priority = what is this?
    LOF/L = yes, absolutely
    LOF/H = yes, absolutely
    Threshold = yes, absolutely
    Voltage mode = what does this do? What options are available?
    Increased voltage = no - this would require tuner driver support -> outside our control
    Tone mode = what is this?
    DiSEqC mode = I'm not sure why the mode would matter. You will have choice to use committed or uncommitted commands, and hopefully raw commands too (the interface for this could be tricky).
    Tone burst = if it is the tone burst I'm thinking of then some drivers support this, but many do not. I think it might be possible in the Windows 7 BDA DiSEqC interface. This is a "maybe".
    Committed DiSEqC command = definitely! :)
    Fast DiSEqC = what is this?
    Sequence repeat = we could probably do this :)
    Command order = this would be tricky - is it important?
    Tone amplitude = no - again, this would require driver support which doesn't exist (so far as I know)

In general, if the tuner driver supports it then we should be able to add it. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again everyone

Now that 1.2.0rc is out, some people will be needing a new version of this patch! :)

I've attached the patch files for 1.2.0rc to this post. The instructions are less complicated than for 1.2.0b, but still read carefully and feel free to ask questions if necessary. Note that for simplicity I'm only providing instructions for upgrades from 1.2.0b or clean installations. If you were thinking of upgrading from 1.2.0a direct to 1.2.0rc then PM me for instructions.

Instructions

1. Stop the TVService if TV Server is installed.
    2. Install or upgrade to 1.2.0rc.
    3. Stop the TVService if it is running.
    4. Take a backup of the following files in your TV Server install folder:

- SetupControls.dll
    - SetupTv.exe
    - TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll
    - TVLibrary.dll
    - TvLibrary.Utils.dll
    - TvService.exe

5. Download and extract the files in Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.0rc].zip into your TV Server install folder.
    6. Copy the following files into your MediaPortal client install folder:

- TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll

If you have a multi-seat installation then you need to copy the above files into the MediaPortal client install folder for each of your clients.

POST-INSTALL/UPGRADE

If you are installing my patch for the first time then download and extract the DB Scripts zip file and run either MySQL_Changes.sql *or* SQL_Server_Changes.sql (depending on which database you use). Otherwise you don't have to run any database scripts.

...and you're done! :D
    Start the TV Service and everything should work. If you have any problems then *please ask* - it is better to ask than to mess up your database/MP installation!

Best regards,
    mm

Attachments

• Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.0rc].zip
      1.1 MB
    • DB Scripts[1.2.0rc].zip
      1.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread