Mediaportal with uncommitted Disceq (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again everyone

Here's a patch for MP 1.2.1. I'm hoping this will be the last version of this patch that I'll need to provide... :)

The instructions are pretty much the same as for 1.2.0rc, but still read carefully and feel free to ask questions if necessary. Note that for simplicity I'm only providing instructions for upgrades from 1.2.0b, upgrades from 1.2.0rc, upgrades from 1.2.0 final, or clean installations.

Instructions

1. Stop the TVService if TV Server is installed.
    2. Install or upgrade to 1.2.1.
    3. Stop the TVService if it is running.
    4. Take a backup of the following files in your TV Server install folder:

- SetupControls.dll
    - SetupTv.exe
    - TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll
    - TVLibrary.dll
    - TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll
    - TvLibrary.Utils.dll
    - TvService.exe

5. Download and extract the files in Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.1].zip into your TV Server install folder.
    6. Copy the following files into your MediaPortal client install folder:

- TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll

If you have a multi-seat installation then you need to copy the above files into the MediaPortal client install folder for each of your clients.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    POST-INSTALL/UPGRADE

If you are installing my patch for the first time then download and extract the DB Scripts zip file and run either MySQL_Changes.sql *or* SQL_Server_Changes.sql (depending on which database you use). Otherwise you don't have to run any database scripts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and you're done!
    Start the TV Service and everything should work. If you have any problems then *please ask* - it is better to ask than to mess up your database/MP installation!

Best regards,
    mm

Attachments

• Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.1].zip
      1.1 MB
    • DB Scripts[1.2.1].zip
      1.3 KB

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks so much MM. So far everything seems to work fine, and the plugins are now available as well. Thanks again for all of the hard work you do, to keep a wide variety of users happy.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again everyone

Here's a patch for MP 1.2.1. I'm hoping this will be the last version of this patch that I'll need to provide... :)

The instructions are pretty much the same as for 1.2.0rc, but still read carefully and feel free to ask questions if necessary. Note that for simplicity I'm only providing instructions for upgrades from 1.2.0b, upgrades from 1.2.0rc, upgrades from 1.2.0 final, or clean installations.

Instructions

1. Stop the TVService if TV Server is installed.
    2. Install or upgrade to 1.2.1.
    3. Stop the TVService if it is running.
    4. Take a backup of the following files in your TV Server install folder:

- SetupControls.dll
    - SetupTv.exe
    - TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll
    - TVLibrary.dll
    - TvLibrary.Utils.dll
    - TvService.exe

5. Download and extract the files in Independent_Custom_LNB_Settings(v1.1)[1.2.1].zip into your TV Server install folder.
    6. Copy the following files into your MediaPortal client install folder:

- TvBusinessLayer.dll
    - TvControl.dll
    - TVDatabase.dll

If you have a multi-seat installation then you need to copy the above files into the MediaPortal client install folder for each of your clients.

POST-INSTALL/UPGRADE

If you are installing my patch for the first time then download and extract the DB Scripts zip file and run either MySQL_Changes.sql *or* SQL_Server_Changes.sql (depending on which database you use). Otherwise you don't have to run any database scripts.

...and you're done!
    Start the TV Service and everything should work. If you have any problems then *please ask* - it is better to ask than to mess up your database/MP installation!

Best regards,
    mm

Hi mm,
    a little help to understand a couple a small things here

first part
    don't I need to backup the files from the Client folder as well? or the files that were backed up are the same files we can restore with.

second part
    for the script files... do we do a scan first then run the script?

note: clean install
    thanks

Vff

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Vff

don't I need to backup the files from the Client folder as well? or the files that were backed up are the same files we can restore with.
    Files that are backed up on the server can be used to restore the client.

for the script files... do we do a scan first then run the script?
    Install the patch (including scripts) as per the instructions above, then scan. If you scan first then you'd just have to scan again because the LNB frequencies would not have been stored per-channel during the first scan.

mm

ssenyer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2010
    Tekirdağ
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Hi mm,

I'm currently using MP 1.2.1 with your last patch. Can i safely upgrade my MP to 1.2.2 or should i wait for another patch?

Merry Christmas to you :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ssenyer and ozkarah

I hope you are both well. :)
    No, there is no update for 1.2.2 yet. I have been very busy with other matters. I will need to find the time to migrate the patch from my crashed computer and import it into my Git repository. Please can you be patient with me for a little while longer.

mm

ozkarah

Portal Member
    March 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ssenyer and ozkarah

I hope you are both well. :)
    No, there is no update for 1.2.2 yet. I have been very busy with other matters. I will need to find the time to migrate the patch from my crashed computer and import it into my Git repository. Please can you be patient with me for a little while longer.

mm

Thank you for at least letting us know you hear us. Sure we can wait. Is there anything I can help? If you share the source code of patch I think I can help you to release patches for 1.2.2 and upcoming 1.2.x versions.

ssenyer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2010
    Tekirdağ
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Hi again guys

The team have decided not to include my patch in 1.2.0 because they want to resolve the issue by allowing custom "band" settings and better 22kHz, tone burst and DiSEqC configuration. They didn't want to fix this issue now only to have to make changes again in 1.3.

Hi mm,

I hope you will not forget to add your patch to 1.3.0 version.

Users who are viewing this thread