Motivate butcher to finish this skin! (2 Viewers)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would imagine another official version will be immenent to allow PVR2000 & PVR150 / 500 users to use their hardware cards... maybe before your skin is finally completed...

DMAN.

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2004
    Germany
    ok, the skin is ready to download. this version is tested with mp 0.0.0.13 and should work fine for most of you. if you expereience any problems please post it here. when an update is available i will post it here.

installation instructions

- download the skin file and unrar it into your mp skin directory
    - if you want to use the english headlines (menu descriptions) you have to download them, unrar the file, delete the '_english' suffix and copy the files into the media directory. this will replace the german headlines.
    - you can download the modified weather icons too. replace the original icons with this one (or backup your old icons)
    - if you need some icons for your newsfeed, you can download my news icons (mostly for german newsfeeds)

- the skin:
    skin download (2,4 mb)
    --
    - english headlines:
    english headlines (0,3 mb)
    --
    - weather icons (resolution 64 x 64 and 128 x 128 pixel):
    weather icons download (1,1 mb)
    --
    - news logos:
    news logos download(0,3 mb)
    --

@mp team
    what dou you think about integrating this skin into future mp releases?

the butcher

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Butcher,

The English heading are still in German.

Awesome - Awesome skin btw.

You'll need a MSN skin anf texture soon. :wink:

DMAN

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    also,
    an exeption occurs when going to music playlist.
    This is because the Party Shuffle button is missing in your skin.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK more specifically it's the MyPictures & MyMusic headings.
    The XML file for MyPictures refers to pictures_logo.png the english headings rar file is called images_logo.png - easily fixed with a rename.
    There also is no english heading for music_logo.png :wink:

DMAN

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2004
    Germany
    new version is online!

fixed the following:
    - english headlines are now complete and have the correct name
    - added the party shuffle button in mymusicplaylist.xml

the butcher

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The skin is looking good, but not my favorite skin yet. I got a few questions/suggestions

Would it be possible to make the buttons on the home screen a bit wider? At least when using the dutch translations I have some problems fitting them in the boxes ( http://home.ict.nl/~mweterin/mp/butcher_home.jpg )

I like the skins look with the white lines and the style of the icons and the way you have the hovericons on the home screen. Also it is very nice that the texts in this skin are a bit bigger than usual (like the texts in MyNews and MyMail), it makes it look different and fresh (and is very usefull for use on a tv:) ).

But :wink: I don't really like the background, the blue looks too saturated in my opinion something like http://home.ict.nl/~mweterin/mp/butcher_musik1.jpg would look better I think. And some things in the skin are still too much MCE in my opinion like the buttons in the lefthand menu. Like it is now the skin has its own look and feel in some areas, but other areas look like MCE and I think these 2 styles don't really match.

But these are only my opinions, it's your skin so if you like it like this just leave it like this :)

BTW: Very nice place to put the "new" mail notice

Users who are viewing this thread