MP is not starting (1 Viewer)

purplelion77

November 24, 2011
Larisa
Home Country
Greece Greece
It seems I'm having a similar problem. I've been using MePo for half a year now and the operation so far has been far from smooth, especially when playing music. Yesterday, though, it started freezing while loading, on the screen writing ''Starting plugins'' . Even when after many efforts I managed to get the basic home screen on, none of the options displayed is working. :( As I said I believe that this problem is related to the very slow GUI operation I was experiencing before and it somehow evolved into this. It may be that my computer cannot run the program but I'm reluctant to uninstall MePo before I make sure there is nothing else I can do. Can anyone please help?

I forgot to mention that I am running Radmin server on that PC as I haven't got a monitor attached to it and it's impossible to operate it through standard definition TV which is connected to it. So every single operation is done remotely through another PC.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi purplelion77

I've been using MePo for half a year now and the operation so far has been far from smooth, especially when playing music.
    In my opinion your system is not powerful enough. Your CPU is borderline but your ATI 9250 video card in particular is very underpowered - I'm surprised MP works at all really. If you want MP to perform well then my opinion is that you need a more powerful system.

Yesterday, though, it started freezing while loading, on the screen writing ''Starting plugins'' . Even when after many efforts I managed to get the basic home screen on, none of the options displayed is working. :( As I said I believe that this problem is related to the very slow GUI operation I was experiencing before and it somehow evolved into this. It may be that my computer cannot run the program but I'm reluctant to uninstall MePo before I make sure there is nothing else I can do. Can anyone please help?

In your case, the error in the logs is:
    2012-01-09 16:50:43.718750 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: Main: ***** OnDeviceLost *****
    2012-01-09 16:50:43.718750 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Device lost - Error in the application.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

This seems to be related to the video card or DirectX like the error mentioned earlier in the thread, however this error is slightly different.

Have you upgraded your video card drivers or installed any Windows updates recently?

mm

purplelion77

November 24, 2011
    Larisa
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanks for your help mm1352000. Yes I have tried installing the Omega drivers for my ATI card to fix the slow GUI operation problem. Naturally I achieved absolutely nothing at all so I uninstalled the Omega driver and re-installed, Directx9, ATI Catalyst and Mediaportal 1.2.2.0 with that order. Lastly, because I couldn't make it work I also reinstalled aMped skin (which I'm using) and Purevision skin (which isn't working but that's nothing new as it never worked before). Now I disabled Music Search plugin and it seems that it's now working as it used to before, that is sluggishly but I can live with that.... for now. It may be that the plugin isn't working properly so I'll search through their support to see if I can come up with anything useful. It's been useful though having an expert's opinion on this as I always had doubts that I was doing something wrong with the installation or the fine tuning. My PC is very slow but unfortunately for now I cannot fix that.

hounddog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2008
    Para Hills SA
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi I am having the same Problem too and only with streamedMP my other skins work fine.
    it gets to the starting plugins and reduces down to the task bar, shows my desktop and then does not come back.
    I then have to press the windows key to be able to close it down.
    This reducing happens with all of my skins but then maximises and MP is working fully then.
    I have included my logs
    Thanks Hound

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hounddog:
    I don't see any errors at all. Your logs show that MP is already running in the task bar. To maximise it you would double click on the icon there. This is an option that you can set - in the "General" -> "Startup/Resume Settings" section of MP configuration, check whether "minimise to tray on start up" or "minimise to tray on GUI exit" are ticked.

toutoune290:
    As much as I would like to help you, I'm unable to guess what the problem is without logs.
    Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki
    Please make it a habit to post logs whenever you need help on this forum.

mm

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    here are the logs and thanks in advance.

HI,

Two obivious erros here, your Fantart DB is corrupt and the application is out of memory - the memory issue is the cause of every post I have looked at here.

I would delete your fanarthandler.db switch to the DefaultWide skin via configuration and then try running up MP, check for entries in the error.log - there should not be any so if entries check out what is causing them (can post here)

Clear the logs before this and save them - if all works ok and you have a clean error.log try switching to StreamedMP via configuration and then run up MP again if still problems post the logs.

Thanks

hounddog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2008
    Para Hills SA
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @MM
    Thanks for your post. When I looked through the logs all I could see was that it stopped at Starting Plugins as that was the last entry, But that could be caused by the fact that i had to use the windows key to be able to click on the task bar. Then I was able to right click on mediaportal in the task bar and then click close, the mouse would move around and click sound was working but nothing would respond it was like media portal was on screen but not showing and I could still see the desktop. I have used StreamedMP before with no problems. maybe I will uninstall it and remove all traces of it from within "Team MediaPortal" and try again or should I do a full debug and post the logs.

Thanks Hounddog :D

Users who are viewing this thread