[fixed] no Cards available (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not 100% sure what the problem is. We could raise a general bug like "problems with card reservation in MP 1.3 alpha" (we also have the problem with analog tuners) but I think it is better to have specific details. I've asked gibman to have a look. Hopefully he can tell us more, and then we can raise proper mantis issues. I'm not going to forget about this - I think it needs to be fixed for MP 1.2b if at all possible.

[edit: ahhhh, sorry just realised you meant the thread (?) - yes, this is a confirmed bug]

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can confirm this is also a problem for DVB-C.
    All my channel that are combined with multiple tuning details (ie. one for the Rekam DVB-C provider and one for the Caiway DVB-C provider) give the No free cards available warning.
    I also have duplicate tuning details for other channels (so 2 times the same entry, i don't know why that is though) and channels with a single tuning entry and they still work fine...

But deleting all but one tuning details doesn't help... Still no free cards available popup.
    In the preview from the config it says 'Preview Failed:AllCardsBusy' even though they show all idle.

EDIT: Hmm, restarting TV-service didn't work, but a complete pc restart made the channels work again as long as they have only one tunung details...

Last edited:

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some extra bug-info:
    Testing channels for one card or the other (both DVB-C) give almost for ALL channels :No card available...
    95% fails (well, no fail, but ignored).
    See txt test files

Attachments

• testcard 1.txt
      8.3 KB
    • testcard 2.txt
      8.7 KB
    Last edited:

GeoffC

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Probably the same problem here.
    Number of scheduled recordings did not happen. Tried to view a channel but got the no free card message.
    Rebooted the pc then appeared to be recording. Later while still showing recording (red dot on main screen) went to view recording but it had only recorded the first 1 minute 50 seconds, even though still showing recording on the active recording list.
    Rebooted again and this time recording worked ok
    Card is a dual tuner DVB-T Hauppage TV card. Had no problems previously on 1.2.3.

GeoffC

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Problem has kept reappearing 'no free cards' and after missing many scheduled recordings have had to give up and go back to 1.2.3.
    No problems experienced since going back to 1.2.3

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Effectively something is wrong :
    Code:
    2012-07-17 20:23:24.815525 [scheduler thread(9)]: CardReservationBase.RequestCardTuneReservation: placed reservation with id=3212, tuningdetails=DVBT:tv:SC Media ELEVEN Freq:690500 ONID:12812 TSID:2058 SID:2122 PMT:0x7E4 FTA:True LCN:10000 BandWidth:7
    2012-07-17 20:23:24.815525 [scheduler thread(9)]: CardReservationBase.HasUserHigherPriorityThanBlockingUser: False - user 'scheduler676' with prio=100 vs blocking user 'scheduler676' with prio=100
    2012-07-17 20:23:24.816525 [scheduler thread(9)]: CardReservationBase.RequestCardTuneReservation: failed reservation tuningdetails=DVBT:tv:SC Media ELEVEN Freq:690500 ONID:12812 TSID:2058 SID:2122 PMT:0x7E4 FTA:True LCN:10000 BandWidth:7, res id blocking=3212, state=TunePending
    2012-07-17 20:23:24.820525 [scheduler thread(9)]: CardReservationBase.HasUserHigherPriorityThanBlockingUser: False - user 'scheduler676' with prio=100 vs blocking user 'scheduler676' with prio=100

Need Gibman to look @ this.

We have 2 fix for 1.3.0beta in mantis but didn't remember if it's related to this.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Number of scheduled recordings did not happen. Tried to view a channel but got the no free card message.
    Rebooted the pc then appeared to be recording. Later while still showing recording (red dot on main screen) went to view recording but it had only recorded the first 1 minute 50 seconds, even though still showing recording on the active recording list.
    Card is a dual tuner DVB-T Hauppage TV card. Had no problems previously on 1.2.3.

did you try that mm explain here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/no-cards-available.109338/page-2#post-881671

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

need a more complete tv.log.
    do u have tv.bak ?

I want to know what happens at the time 'scheduler678' starts.
    right now it seems it locks the card with a pending tune state.
    and it never seems to release it again :(

/gibman

Users who are viewing this thread