nz sites (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok, and that blakey episode is playable at the website?

For the mentalist (and in general): Rtmp can be a bit shakey now and then, it even helps sometimes to try mulitple times to play a video...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Grr, I guess that's the price to pay when mixing PS3 files with website files.

I could rewrite it to use only the website, but that website is too inconsistent to extract accurate categories/video lists. So I'm at bit at loss here

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't know how you figure out how this stuff works, or if this information will help.

When I used a URL sniffer and tried to play a show that gives a "no URL" error (Blakey), the page it was going to "http://tvnz.co.nz/content/4589986.xhtml", has no flash media player in it when pasted into a browser.

However, the show (The Mentalist) which took 4 tries at different resolutions before it worked , goes to "http://tvnz.co.nz/content/4575577.xhtml", which does have a flash player in it, and the video plays in the browser.

So it seems like the problem is with the TVNZ links, rather than anything you could fix.

I don't have a Playstation, so cannot test whether it works on that, but a google search for "PS3 tvnzondemand problems" doesn't show up any similar complaints.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The thing is, I get the PS3 xml's for the categories/videos, and the id of those.

Then I get the xhtml file of that id. In case of the blakey, i get 4589986.xhtml indeed, but somehow, that belongs to a completely different video!
    So it seems that the ids they're using for the ps3 files doesn't always match the ids used on the website.

bttmnz

Portal Member
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi ive just tried again and so resolutions work but stop part way through and if i download same thing some start to download but stop part way through i will post logs tomorrow thanks

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The thing is, I get the PS3 xml's for the categories/videos, and the id of those.

Then I get the xhtml file of that id. In case of the blakey, i get 4589986.xhtml indeed, but somehow, that belongs to a completely different video!
    So it seems that the ids they're using for the ps3 files doesn't always match the ids used on the website.

This show now works, the xhtml page now has the right title and in a browser shows the flash media player.
    The other shows that don't work, have no media player in the page and sometimes (but not always) the wrong titles.
    So TVNZ is at fault, the fact they fixed that one might suggest they know there's a problem.
    Just have to wait and see.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi ive just tried again and so resolutions work but stop part way through and if i download same thing some start to download but stop part way through i will post logs tomorrow thanks

Are more people experience this isssues? If so, please post debug-logs.

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Downloaded "The Food Truck:Burgers"

MP shows the video being 25:24, but stops playing at 16:26.
    Mediainfo says 16:26 long.
    VLC also shows it being 25:24, but stops playing at 16:26.
    The website play's the full 25:24.

The funny thing is, the first 11min's are the wrong show (on the website as well), before the correct show starts off part way through.

TVNZ Ondemand: Frequently Asked Questions | Watch Episodes | Television New Zealand | Television | TV One, TV2, U, TVNZ 7 might give a hint as to the problems.
    They changed things around in November.

Another newer show from 2 days ago "Closeup" downloaded fine, both logs attached. (EDIT: actually it's missing the last minute)

Users who are viewing this thread