Skin: Razor (2 Viewers)

benwatt

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Looking forward to seeing this skin in action. Tried the CVS download just before leaving for work this morning though, and couldn't get anything to display when choosing the skin - just a blank window showing my desktop underneath it.

May have just been something I had set wrong though, didn't have time to try anything else - see if anyone else has any difficulties.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Raven said:
Razor has been uploaded to CVS. There was a problem with the first upload which resulted in corrupt files. Unfortunatly these corrupt files made it into the CVS release 01-30-2006--01-05. The next CVS will include a working version of Razor however.

Looks like tonights cvs will fix it :)

benwatt

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Nemulate said:
Raven said:
Razor has been uploaded to CVS. There was a problem with the first upload which resulted in corrupt files. Unfortunatly these corrupt files made it into the CVS release 01-30-2006--01-05. The next CVS will include a working version of Razor however.

Looks like tonights cvs will fix it :)

Oh yeah - suppose I should read these things properly, thought I had got a later version but clearly not! ;)

benwatt

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Yeah, definitely looks very nice and slick :)

Once that TV Guide is done it'll be heading towards being my skin of choice.

dfbb

Portal Pro
January 27, 2005
Gelderland
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Molokoids said:
The skin is ok with the last CVS. Missing some bits but it's amazingly good. Thumbs up.
It looks ok for me, but when I enter the MyTV section, it almost hangs (no TV picture, unresponsive). I do have a slow videocard (ATI 7000 AIW and a PVR 150MCE), but with all the other skins TV is playing fine. Any ideas why it's so slow?

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Raven said:
tklon said:
The bug causing the pixel errors is solved since about 2 weeks. To get rid of the faulty fonts, you need to delete the fonts folder within the skin folders.

I'm still getting the same error on some really big fonts. Smaller fonts look ok now.

The creation of the fonts files was changed again in cvs-02-01-2006--19-57. The space between the characters is now depending on the width of the font. So the problem with bigger fonts should be solved now.

To make it work for you, you need to delete the fonts folder in the skin folder.
=> C:\Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Razor\fonts
The png and xml files in that folder will be recreated by mp on the next startup.

Teaboy

Portal Member
January 31, 2005
I'm using the skin in 4:3 (800x600) and it looks fantastic.

Good points:
  • Very nice design with nice fonts and nice colours
  • I love the bigger TV screen on 'My TV'

A few bad points:
  • I've set my MediaPortal to turn on the TV automatically when entering My TV - and when I do so the name of the channel isn't shown in the now playing section on the home page until I switch channel.
  • Some of the fonts are a little bit on the small side and hard to read.
  • On the TV guide the selected item is a white-ish gradient with white text so it's a bit difficult to see.
  • On the TV guide the channels are a bit too thin in height for the font, so the bottom few pixels of the text is cut off.
  • No power button on the main screen! (as far as I can tell)

On the whole though I love the skin! :D

dfbb

Portal Pro
January 27, 2005
Gelderland
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I got no reactions so far, so I'll ask again: When I enter the MyTV section, it almost hangs (no TV picture, unresponsive). The same problem occurs when I try playing a video file (AVI ie). I do have a slow videocard (ATI 7000 AIW and a PVR 150MCE), but with all the other skins TV and video is playing fine. Any ideas why it's so slow (normal navigation is smooth)?

Users who are viewing this thread