Skin: Razor (3 Viewers)

xenophobe

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
Hi Raven,

thanks for this excellent skin. I do really like it.
Unfortunately the Webbrowser Plugin doesn't look very good because of much space getting lost on the bottom of the screen.

Is that something you could fix or is this something the developer of the plugin has to bother with ?

Keep up the good work.

Regards
John

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Rybber said:
    Hi guys.

I just got my new 32" LCD TV, so now I'm using Razor skin. Let me say, it looks REALLY nice and professional. MCE go home! Thanks a lot for the effort!!!

Now, I'm using 0.2RC2 with latest CVS from today. I have noticed one big error with this skin:

After entering MyTV, TV turns on in the "big" preview window. If I then select either recorded TV or TV guide, the TV preview should be very small and in the left hand bottom corner. But it isn't - it's still the same size preview as in My TV home and it sits on top of the GUI?

Please read through the thread history before posting bug reports. This bug has been reported numerous times.

Anyway, the bug is fixed and the major update to Razor will be in the next CVS release.

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    Thanks Raven.

This thread is getting too long for people to read it all. I see that a subforum has been proposed and I want to support that idea.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :D I've just updated to the latest CVS and W O W :D

Loads of nice new graphics, makes this skin better & better, the waiting animation is great.

One small bug with that though, it sometimes never dissappears if you refresh in my weather, I'll see if I can narrow it down.

This is a great update to this skin, thanks Razor.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm even using it on my CRT right now - it's a very nice skin. Too pity everything is placed just next to the screen border (with overscan you can't see TV logos or the date)

grouzy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2004
    London, UK
    Home Country
    France France
    I really like the latest modifications !!

Do you plan to modify the "My Explorer" screen ? Basically there are some functionalities missing compare to other skins like "Move data", "Select All" (this button is here but always inactive)

I noticed also that when you have more than 10 pages in lists, and that your current selection is in page 10 or greater, the page up/down arrows are going slightly out of the screen as the size of the text makes it shift on the right.

dfbb

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2005
    Gelderland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still hope you will reconsider putting some buttons back on the full-screen TV. I really miss the channel up and down buttons (and also the pause button) since I only use the mouse (I have the PC in my bedroom and a keyboard is not convenient in bed :wink: )

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    grouzy said:
    I really like the latest modifications !!

Do you plan to modify the "My Explorer" screen ? Basically there are some functionalities missing compare to other skins like "Move data", "Select All" (this button is here but always inactive)

I noticed also that when you have more than 10 pages in lists, and that your current selection is in page 10 or greater, the page up/down arrows are going slightly out of the screen as the size of the text makes it shift on the right.

Of course I will modify the my explorer screen. Just haven't had time to get around to it yet.

I will see what I can do about the alignment of the page buttons.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    dfbb said:
    I still hope you will reconsider putting some buttons back on the full-screen TV. I really miss the channel up and down buttons (and also the pause button) since I only use the mouse (I have the PC in my bedroom and a keyboard is not convenient in bed :wink: )

Sorry, but I have no plans putting the buttons back on the OSD. The design simply won't allow more buttons. Perhaps if the skinning engine would support buttons that appear on mouse movement but that is something that would have to be discussed with the development people.

I'm not sure I follow your argument against a keyboard in bed. Don't see how a mouse would be convenient in bed. Why not use a remote control?

Users who are viewing this thread