Streaming Link? (1 Viewer)

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
I have a TV server set up on another PC on my network but would like to watch the stream on my Mac.
Obviously MP is not supported on the Mac platform.

Is there a link I can retrieve somehow and watch the stream through VLC on my Mac?

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Or is there maybe another way to do it?

Is it possible for me to install xbmc on my Mac and keep MediaPortal as my Tv server? And watch Live Tv through xbmc on my mac but it's acting as a client to my MP server?

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use xbmc on my MBA to watch tv.

Get the tv server plugin here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/tvserverxbmc.html (get the zip file with release DLL and debug executable, since there are a great readme in the zip).

Check the xbmc wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MediaPortal
    Some hints: make samba-shares of your timeshift and recording folders and you might have to open up port 9596 for lan access in your servers firewall.

Edit:
    In standard video setting de-interlacing is turned of. Set it to auto otherwise SD TV looks like crap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, it's not a problem to add extension exclude list to the MediaInfo service. Anyway, if the MediaInfo is not available, then the video refresh rate(FPS) for the adapater cannot be determined. There is alternate way how to get the fps(from videopin). It seems to be working (at least for my tested wtv file) and can be used as...
    Well, it's not a problem to add extension exclude list to the MediaInfo service. Anyway, if the MediaInfo is not available, then...
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom