Streaming Link? (1 Viewer)

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
I have a TV server set up on another PC on my network but would like to watch the stream on my Mac.
Obviously MP is not supported on the Mac platform.

Is there a link I can retrieve somehow and watch the stream through VLC on my Mac?

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Or is there maybe another way to do it?

Is it possible for me to install xbmc on my Mac and keep MediaPortal as my Tv server? And watch Live Tv through xbmc on my mac but it's acting as a client to my MP server?

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use xbmc on my MBA to watch tv.

Get the tv server plugin here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/tvserverxbmc.html (get the zip file with release DLL and debug executable, since there are a great readme in the zip).

Check the xbmc wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MediaPortal
    Some hints: make samba-shares of your timeshift and recording folders and you might have to open up port 9596 for lan access in your servers firewall.

Edit:
    In standard video setting de-interlacing is turned of. Set it to auto otherwise SD TV looks like crap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database changed MariaDB [mptvdb]> SELECT * FROM Server; +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ | idServer | isMaster | hostName | rtspPort | +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ |...
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database...
    Hello everyone, I'm going to need help from the community to resolve a TV server crash issue. I encountered a problem with my...
    Replies
    Views
    Oh no. That's not good news. It looks like this is going to be complicated. OnlineVideos won't let us record, so that isn't going to work on this occasion, but I do like the information you have given on Online Videos because I have tried and failed to understand the wiki on that. I will remember this for future use. In the meantime...
    Oh no. That's not good news. It looks like this is going to be complicated. OnlineVideos won't let us record, so that isn't going...
    Good evening! I am trying to set up a TV channel in the TV server to show my live stream from a local camera. I am clearly doing...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom