Titan - Bug Reports & Issues (2 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not seeing any descriptions in Recorded TV OSD in Titan or StreamedMP.
    View attachment 135573

But it shows up in Defaultwide.
    View attachment 135574

Fixed it myself, had to change this code in TVOSD.xml
    Code:
    <description>Plot</description>
    		<type>textboxscrollup</type>
    		<id>38</id>

to this
    Code:
    		<id>1</id>
    Same with StreamedMP.

I can confirm the problem. With ID 38 the OSD is fine for live TV, and after changing it to 1, it is still fine, so this seems like a necessary fix.

@ncoH !

https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4183

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

That might be a bit too quick (but easy change from Titan to MP1) :) Just mentioned the same problem to Damien (StreamedMP) and since this affects 2 skins, it might be an issue with MediaPortal core.

Yeah, I did wonder if there might be an underlying problem.

However, DefaultWide has

Code:
    	<control>
    	  <id>1</id>
    	  <posX>239</posX>
    	  <posY>305</posY>
    	  <height>312</height>
    	  <width>780</width>
    	  <align>left</align>
    	  <label>#TV.View.description</label>
    	  <font>font11</font>
    	  <textcolor>ivory</textcolor>
    	  <visible>control.hasfocus(1237)</visible>
    	  <shadowAngle>0</shadowAngle>
    	  <shadowDistance>0</shadowDistance>
    	  <animation effect="slide" start="0,50" time="100" reversible="true">visible</animation>
    	</control>

so ID 1, and we always use this as our template. I think we should fix this for Titan for now, and then get a developer to find out why this ID is needed if we have to.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    DefaultWide has 2 instances in the XML for the Plot description, 1 with ID38 and another with ID1.
    (lines 177 & 218)

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    DefaultWide has 2 instances in the XML for the Plot description, 1 with ID38 and another with ID1.
    (lines 177 & 218)

The one with ID 38 is below the following message

Code:
    	<import>common.osd.buttons.xml</import>
    	<!-- ***************************** THESE CONTROLS ARE NOT USED IN THIS OSD  ********************************** -->
    	<!-- ***************************** BUT ARE ESSENTIAL TO KEEP COMPATABILITY  ********************************** -->
    	<!-- ***************************** AND KEEP ERROR.LOG FREE OF ERRORS  **************************************** -->

so obviously there is an issue at some point. I can only see the one instance in Titan, and this has ID 38.

Perhaps @catavolt can explain?

Edit: Note that with this change I see the following in the logs

Code:
    [2013-08-31 11:08:55,514] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TextBoxScrollUp: Error in SetText - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextScrollUpControl.SetText(String strText)
    [2013-08-31 11:08:55,536] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TextBoxScrollUp: Error in SetText - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextScrollUpControl.SetText(String strText)

@AtTimesPerplexed - do you see the same?

Perhaps we need to add the dummy control 38 back in addition, but all of this points to an underlying issue that we need to fix.

My feeling for 1.5.0 is that we fix the symptoms if having the two controls is a solution, but for 1.6.0 we try to find the cause and fix that. This way, we won't break 3rd party skins.

Last edited:

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    @ncoH Came across these earlier, not sure if they have been fixed yet

These files reference to Avalon fonts instead of Titan fonts in the following files:

\Titan\ARGUS_Active.xml
    \Titan\myonlinevideos.listview.details.xml
    \Titan\Themes\Extended\BasicHome.scraper.xml
    \Titan\Trakt.Shouts.xml
    \Titan\TVSeries.Info.xml

Also this file incorrectly reference an Avalon skin file:

\Titan\settingsSkipSteps.xml
    Line 516: <import>avalon.version.xml</import>

Not sure if this one does anything, but it's probably wrong:

\Titan\TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml
    Line 56: <!--<custom use="false"><![CDATA[skin\Maya\Avalon\custom.png]]></custom>-->

Finally, this is thrown up in the configuration error log:

Code:
    [2013-09-01 00:22:26,447] [Config ] [Config Main] [ERROR] - PluginsNew: Argument Exception loading the image - TitanPlugin.Plugin.png, Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'.
    [2013-09-01 00:22:26,457] [Config ] [Config Main] [ERROR] - PluginsNew: Argument Exception loading the image - TitanPlugin.PluginDisabled.png, Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread