Typhoon PVR (aka TV Walker and others) (1 Viewer)

manutoky

Portal Member
December 23, 2004
Stuttgart/Germany
Thanks for your reply.

Now I tried 0.1.0.5.1 and it shows the same behaviour. Any ideas how I can fix it?

manutoky

BTW: everything is PAL with this release

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
manutoky said:
Now I tried 0.1.0.5.1 and it shows the same behaviour. Any ideas how I can fix it?
I have checked your graphs again, and by the looks of it it seems that you can NOT fix this yourself :evil:
By the looks of it, your card does not need the usual demux, but only an mpeg2 video decoder (not even an audio decoder). That should explain the problem with connecting the demux filter to the capture/encoder filter...

If I am right (...) you must wait for the second version of the new tv engine (currently under development) that allows not only the configuration of the first part of the graph (as the first version of the new tv engine allows), but also other parts like the demux...

So (assuming that I am indeed right):
- your card won't work with the current tv engine
- you must wait for the next version
- but, but...
- I think I found myself a beta tester (you !!!) so I hope you wanna help me me with testing very early releases of the second version of the new tv engine :D

First question you can solve: to which audio output (possibly the audio output on the crossbar) can an mpeg audio decoder connect??? Could you check that using GraphEdit??? We do need an mpeg audio stream to enable recording & timeshifting...

manutoky

Portal Member
December 23, 2004
Stuttgart/Germany
I'm more than happy if I can get this thing to work...the card itself was very cheap (Ebay €45 unused) and I like the features (MPEG1/2/4)... so (ab)use me as a beta tester as much as you like :wink: .. I can compile MP for myself so if you have code I should test you can send it.

So, here are my results...and they are not very promising.
I was not able to connect an mpeg audio decoder to any of the pins. If I open the properties of the A/V capture there is an audio tab in which I only can select PCM as audio type. So it seems the card is sending pure PCM audio and no MPEG2 compatible stream. That's why we don't need the demux I guess.

manutoky

Portal Member
December 23, 2004
Stuttgart/Germany
any news or hints on this?

BTW, I was able to insert a MPEG2 audio ENcoder filter and after this the decoder...so this could be a work-around (while not feasible of course)

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
manutoky said:
any news or hints on this?

BTW, I was able to insert a MPEG2 audio ENcoder filter and after this the decoder...so this could be a work-around (while not feasible of course)
That's great!

So what about that this is a work-around and/or not feasible???
If you want recording & timeshifting to work, you DO need an mpeg stream, so if the encoder does deliver such a stream, you should be happy, or not??

Now you have an mpeg2 video and mpeg2 audio stream, the second version of the new tv engine probably can cope with your card. I hope to be able to supply you with a test version next week...

Could you (again) post a screenshot of the new graph you have build, including a GRF file??

Thx.

manutoky

Portal Member
December 23, 2004
Stuttgart/Germany
Well, it's not feasibel because I need a DirectShow MPEG2 audio encoder filter which I don't have (had). I installed a trial version of a commercial one (don't remember the name...other PC) but this costs after the trial period is over. So if anyone knows a free encoder filter let me know...
But that's not the only point: I need more CPU power to encode the audio stream and I'm afraid of sync issues (didn't test yet). But this is of course not MP's fault...it's the card's...hardware video encoding and software audio encoding seems a little bit strange...

Edit:
Here is the graph and the screenshot.

The encoder filters are from here

N

nigelrmtaylor

Hi

I've a Lifeview TV Walker mini which as you say is the same as the Typhoon with the same issues. It'd be good to have this USB card working as it's branded as 'Packard Bell' in the UK, sold at PC World and therefore pretty commn.

Shout up if I can be any help testing the new TV Engine. If it helps, this is the XML for the card that half works.

Code:
  <capturecard commercialname="LifeView TV Walker mini A/V Capture" capturename="LifeView TV Walker mini A/V Capture" devid="vid_10fd&amp;pid_de00">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="capture" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner"  name="LifeView TV Walker mini Tuner"       	      checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="tvaudio"  name="LifeView TV Walker mini Audio"       	      checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="crossbar" name="LifeView TV Walker mini CrossBar"    checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="capture"  name="LifeView TV Walker mini A/V Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
      </filters>
      <connections>
	<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"  sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"  sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio"  sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio"  sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="3"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"  sinkpin="0"></connection>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

Cheers

Nigel

Z

zero129

Is the any update on this yet?, as i have a typhoon PVR too, i also wanted to know if the Typhoon remote can also be used with Media Portal?.

grand99

March 10, 2006
Me too. Could you tell me which file should have the script above to make the Mediaportal recognize Typhoon TV PVR?

Users who are viewing this thread