MP2 - Spring'16 Unable to play media item 'live3-4.ts.tsbuffer (2 Viewers)

akayani

Portal Pro
August 8, 2015
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Fixed but I didn't take chances and killed all the user data. I did try to get it going without doing that but I didn't remember to plug the aerial back into the card. Like DRRRR So it may well not be necessary to be as extreme as me.

It's not good... I'm a pretty advanced computer user of 35 years (yeah punch tape) and know to first search the forums etc. What percentage of the user base ever gets to the forum? If this was an install for one of my clients then their computer would be here for repairs. Simple and complex issues are all complex issues to Joe Average.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Simple and complex issues are all complex issues to Joe Average.
    I agree.

I also understand the frustration, but what do you expect us to do? I regularly read about virus scanners that did much worse than to block a software like MediaPortal. Having to configure a virus scanner has become part of running a PC. Ignoring a virus scanner message is negligent. Even Joe Average should realize that something wrong is happening when the virus scanner kicks in and informs that it has quarantined a file.

BobHope

June 6, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yes i deleted that file Defender detected today, before i read the latest posts in this thread.

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I love telling you boys what to do when it comes to usability on this application and how much the interface needs a work over for V3. And be constructive while being a very hard marker.

But on this one and I know you are using MS tools, languages and compilers... and that here it was MS that introduced the error, it is Microsoft that is at fault.

I suggest a very strongly worded letter from the whole community to MS asking why did this happen, what they intend to do about, if the developers should change core files (highly unlikely) and could they please provide some commitment to not do it again.

About all that can be done is to document what's known. I will test the issue with Avira and rescan using MS computer rooter.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will test the issue with Avira and rescan using MS computer rooter.
    Upload the file at Virus Total and have it scanned online to see the latest detection status.

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Avira disables Windows Defender when you install it, it seems.
    Avira doesn't detect any issues in the MP2 folder.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I think it is clear that we are dealing with a false positive alert.

What I wanted to convey is that it is not just Windows Defender that marks this file as Trojan but at least 8 more. Virus scanner companies often share their definitions and it may well be that it is not MS who is to blame if they receive their definitions from somebody else.

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Now for some reason nothing is recording.[DOUBLEPOST=1465210214][/DOUBLEPOST]Files set to go to C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV but being recorded in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings

Attachments

• filesystem.png
      filesystem.png
      104.8 KB
    Last edited:

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've seen the path issue before and it resolved on its own. Same again this time. I'm not sure why it took 2 reboots or what exactly caused it to be resolved. It would be worthy of testing to see if it is just an issue here or more global.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've seen the path issue before and it resolved on its own. Same again this time. I'm not sure why it took 2 reboots or what exactly caused it to be resolved. It would be worthy of testing to see if it is just an issue here or more global.
    How do you want anybody to investigate into this if you don't provide server logs?

With all due respect, but this way such remarks are just white noise.

Users who are viewing this thread