What formats does mediaportal record? (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Callifo said:
    Is it not something TSreader can suffice for in the beginning? (until MP has its TS format working)

I think it should be enough just to record few (audio, video, subtitles etc. PIDs) with TSReader and then test it with Comskip. Some volunteer who wants to test it? I'm burried neck deep in those DVB subtitles currently.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like testing it. But I’m using an analoge PVR-Card. Would like using comskip, too.

Made already some tests and for me comskip workes quite fine.
    Right now I’m using a work around.
    First I need to convert my dvr-ms recordings to mpeg2, using burner plugin for that.
    After that I’m using MP’s filelauncher to choose a single mpeg2 file and let comskip do it's work.
    It’s not very MP integtrated ‘cause comskip runs in front of MP but it works.

Maybe Erik would like starting with a plugin for MP that handles mpeg2 files until MP’s TS and PS engine works?

Regards
    Ralph

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    I have no time and knowledge to do special development for a MediaPortal plugin.
    If MediaPortal can start a console application with the name of the recorded file when recording starts that should be sufficient.
    I will adopt the output format of Comskip if needed, however it already can generate many formats.

Comskip can be downloaded from http://mk.kaashoek.com/gbpvr/

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll do the same as Callifo.
    Record some TS with external program, and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom