Youtube is broken... (1 Viewer)

iosheff

October 13, 2010
I have downloaded ov2_test002.zip. The extracted and overwrited previous file version. Also copied dll files to that direcory. Restarted MC. And nothing changed.

I put all file into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's odd, so when you go to one of your subscriptions and select 'Uploads by <channel name>' it's not sorted by date?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Should the general subscription category 'latest videos' be sorted by date now? I only checked that one but found it the same. But I guess maybe OV re-downloaded the site dll again maybe and over wrote (although I thought I turned off site updating).

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Latest videos in the main subscription view is a bit harder to fix as that is a compilation of all subscriptions and there's no date sort option for it in the API (generic list supplied by Youtube):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...the-new-subscription-videos-in-youtube-v3-api
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/youtube/report-a-technical-issue/JFvlZFlIHwM

Only thing that might work is to loop thru all channels -> collect results -> feed it back but that is gonna take a while to load on every new page especially when you have lots of subscriptions, that is one of the reasons why Youtube makes the latest videos list already available albeit limited.

You can still favorite the channels 'uploads by' category and browse it that way, not perfect if you want a single overview but don't see Youtube fixing it anything soon.

//EDIT

Just noticed something about the 'QueryNewestSubscriptionVideos' and that is that it isn't specifying a optional date range, gonna try that now and see what the results are :)

Sadly that didn't help as it only counts when it was added to an activity and not when a video was published, they just bundle every activity in the query results and you have to filter it afterwards which means you will get mixed results as comments and others get included in it.
    Wondering if they're doing this on purpose to slowly push everyone towards their closed source solutions (own apps / smart tv etc..), some bugs and obvious limtations have been reported back in 2013 even and nothing was changed before they pulled the plug on V2.

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone do you mind if I try to fix the few remaining bugs?

Does Mediaportal support MPEG-DASH already and if not are there are any plans to support it in the future?

For MPEG-DASH Support in the MPUrlSource-IPTV Filter, we have to ask @georgius . But as it is relatively new, I don't think it's supported yet.

Another problem is that YouTube splits the higher qualities into an audio and video file (2 different URLs). But I have already seen that georgius is working on that - so we can expect tto use those in the near future (y)

You can commit your changes right into SVN if you want, I will publish a new version when you tell me to :) Thanks for working on this.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For MPEG-DASH Support in the MPUrlSource-IPTV Filter, we have to ask @georgius . But as it is relatively new, I don't think it's supported yet.

Another problem is that YouTube splits the higher qualities into an audio and video file (2 different URLs). But I have already seen that georgius is working on that - so we can expect tto use those in the near future (y)

You can commit your changes right into SVN if you want, I will publish a new version when you tell me to :) Thanks for working on this.

Good too hear it's being worked on (y) , and no problem just like to help out where I can :)

Pushed the changes for 'YouTubeV3Util.cs' to the repo, let me know if it's alright or if something needs fixing :)

Last edited:

iosheff

October 13, 2010
    That's odd, so when you go to one of your subscriptions and select 'Uploads by <channel name>' it's not sorted by date?
    Yes. The sort is the same as before I updated the plugin and dlls.

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It
    It seems you're using the outdated youtube site. There are 2 youtube sites in online videos. Try add the new one

There is only one YouTube listed.
    View attachment 165096
    So, what can I do to get Youtube back?
    Click on "Add site" and you should see 2 youtube sites when scrolling dówn
    No, there is only one YouTube listed. Also tried to uninstall Online Video and install it again. Nothing helps, I can not use YouTube anymore. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread