Youtube is broken... (2 Viewers)

Remmerboy

Portal Member
June 19, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
No, there is only one YouTube listed. Also tried to uninstall Online Video and install it again. Nothing helps, I can not use YouTube anymore. :-(
please show a screenshot of the listed sites.
As you can see on my list, there is 2 youtube listed

Attachments

• youtube_sites.jpg
    youtube_sites.jpg
    99.2 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Remmerboy :
    You screenshot shows a SiteUtil or implementation, not a Site ;) There is only one YouTube site and it is using the new V3 API. I have left th old implementation in the DLL for the other sites using that implementation.

@2102Michael :
    If Youtube does not work for you you do not have the latest updated dll - remove the site from the sitemanager inside MP and re-add it afterwards. OR use the automatic update. If it does not work, attach logs.

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No, there is only one YouTube listed. Also tried to uninstall Online Video and install it again. Nothing helps, I can not use YouTube anymore. :-(
    please show a screenshot of the listed sites.
    As you can see on my list, there is 2 youtube listed
    Attached please find the screen shot.

Clipboard01.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1434547268][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @2102Michael :
    If Youtube does not work for you you do not have the latest updated dll - remove the site from the sitemanager inside MP and re-add it afterwards. OR use the automatic update. If it does not work, attach logs.
    These are my log files. Automatic update is on and there is and was no error message during site update in MP. The sitemanager inside MP does not show anything.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well logs shows clearly that auto update is not workoing and you still have the older dlls:

[06-17 15:18:06,868] [OVLoad ] [WARN ] Error on getting sites overview from server: System.Net.WebException: Fehler bei der Anforderung mit HTTP-Status 417: Expectation failed.

You may have a firewall, proxy or some other config that is different to the usual setup.

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    System.Net.WebException
    Looks like the problem starts a bit earlier:
    [06-17 15:17:58,189] [OVLatest ] [DEBUG] GetWebData-GET: 'https://content.viaplay.no/pc-no/filmer/alle?sort=recently_added'
    [06-17 15:17:58,611] [OVLatest ] [WARN ] Error getting latest videos from 'Viaplay.no': Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

I tried to open the links with firefox, works fine.

Is there a way to download an installer package with the newest update?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No that is not related to the updater problem! (If you want help, please let me as the developer explain the logfile errors to you and not the other way around...)

The dll updates are on the fly. As sites change daily, there is no new download package we prepare every time. Way to much work.
    I implemented the auto update so devs and users can easily and quickly provide and receive updates.

http error 417 usually indicates that a proxy is in between ... please check your network setup. the same binary works fine on most users machines.

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No that is not related to the updater problem! (If you want help, please let me as the developer explain the logfile errors to you and not the other way around...)

The dll updates are on the fly. As sites change daily, there is no new download package we prepare every time. Way to much work.
    I implemented the auto update so devs and users can easily and quickly provide and receive updates.

http error 417 usually indicates that a proxy is in between ... please check your network setup. the same binary works fine on most users machines.
    You made my day! :)

It is working now, I disabled the proxy. Will have to talk to my firewall vendor if it is an issue on his side or if there is a problem because my firewall uses port 8080.

Now I have to find out how to get my subscriptions back, I am sure there is a way and it is mentioned somewhere. Hopefully I will find out.

Thanks four your support![DOUBLEPOST=1434550598][/DOUBLEPOST]Found it. Youtube is working again.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good too hear it's being worked on (y) , and no problem just like to help out where I can :)

Pushed the changes for 'YouTubeV3Util.cs' to the repo, let me know if it's alright or if something needs fixing :)

So all appears good with the site now, been using it a while now without issues. Hopefully they don't break it again. Thanks for all the work on everything OV :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are some little quirks now and again with the V3 API, like some subscriptions "missing" at random times and not listed in overview as well but they do pop back in the results so probably some cache refresh at the Youtube end (noticed it on IGN feed mostly which is very active).

Gonna work on it this weekend and add the youtube playlist support (subscribed playlists not just favorites), it should be possible but might require a few API calls rather than one because why would they make it easy for us ;)

Last edited:

xfx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2011
    Santiago, Dominican Republic
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm unable to play any videos from search results, or the watch history feed.
    The reported error is "Unable to the video. No URL".

Attached are all the log files.
    Note that I deleted them all before trying to reproduce the problem.

Here's how I can easily reproduce the problem:
    1) Select YoutTube
    2) Start a new search
    3) Look for "XTC Dear God" (for example)
    4) Try to play the first entry (or any other, for that matter)
    (see attached image)

Please let me know if I you need anymore information.

Attachments

• youtube_error.png
      youtube_error.png
      663.5 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread