Youtube is broken... (1 Viewer)

MPKeith

Portal Member
September 21, 2008
Have you set the correct default account? For instance in my Google account I see two entries. I had this problem in OV1 where if the default wasn't correct I didn't have my subs.
Maybe a red herring but worth a try.
Thanks. I only have one google account if that is what you mean, otherwise I am not sure what you are referring to with "in my Google account I see two entries"?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Thanks. I only have one google account if that is what you mean, otherwise I am not sure what you are referring to with "in my Google account I see two entries"?
    I'm not sure why (and again maybe unrelated to your issue) but I have two usernames in Youtube. Only one of these contains my subscriptions. When I go to the youtube website, login and look at the main page I see a blue circle icon containing a blue square in the upper right corner of the webpage. If I click that, I see two accounts. One is just called my gmail email and the other my username and you'll see two subscriber counts, one against each account. Could be related to Google+.

Prior to 2.0 somehow my default account in youtube got switched and I struggled with subscriptions like you are. If you don't see two entries there maybe you have some other problem. But subscriptions are working fine here - or at least they show up, usability is poor now they don't allow sorting returned results in the API. When you go into one of your subs you are just going to see videos (I think) sorted by view count and thats the only sort we have.

Remmerboy

Portal Member
    June 19, 2008
    Denmark Denmark
    . When you go into one of your subs you are just going to see videos (I think) sorted by view count and thats the only sort we have.
    That can be fixed by using search.list instead of playlistItems.list in the api call as i have written in previous post. but when it's gonna be implemented is a matter of will and time

MPKeith

Portal Member
    September 21, 2008
    I'm not sure why (and again maybe unrelated to your issue) but I have two usernames in Youtube.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I only have one username however. It did give me an idea however and after a quick search related to My Subscriptions failing, turned up the following on stackoverflow. Could this be the problem - you need to have a google+ account for it to work?

YouTube Data Api v3 - subscriptions.list and mine = true
    I found following problem.
    If user is authorized with youtube and you call subscriptions.list with parameter mine set to true. Then you get a list of subscriptions of authorized user. This works just fine if user has YouTube account linked with g+ page or if user has its own channel on YouTube. But if it is just a normal user without a channel and g+ page then this request returns "subscriberNotFound" error.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18945935/youtube-data-api-v3-subscriptions-list-and-mine-true

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Country flag
    You need to post debug logs. But you can always create a G+ account and link it to see if it suddenly starts working.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Country flag
    So did you resolve your issue by creating a channel? I think that is the difference between what I see in youtube. One is my google user account and the other a youtube channel. I don't upload videos but all my subs are under the channel name.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    The problem below appears only when Enable Login is set to true. My Subscriptions is is missing although I am logged into my account. Authentication token was received via Google Chrome.

Thanks.

I am not able to save the videos to hard drive any more. Nothing happens when I press the "i" (more) remote control button in Youtube.

Anybody else with this issue?

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Austria Austria
    I still can not access YouTube. The only videos I can see are e.g "Watch Later Playlist", "Watch History Feed", or "Playlist". In "My Subscriptions" I only get the YouTube broken video.
    I do not find the option "Enable Login". Attached please find a screen shot for what happens if I press F9. My logs are attached too.

Please help, I really miss this plugin!
    ScrnShot.png

Users who are viewing this thread