Youtube is broken... | Page 8

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by Hes, May 5, 2015.

1. MPKeith

MPKeith Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks. I only have one google account if that is what you mean, otherwise I am not sure what you are referring to with "in my Google account I see two entries"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I'm not sure why (and again maybe unrelated to your issue) but I have two usernames in Youtube. Only one of these contains my subscriptions. When I go to the youtube website, login and look at the main page I see a blue circle icon containing a blue square in the upper right corner of the webpage. If I click that, I see two accounts. One is just called my gmail email and the other my username and you'll see two subscriber counts, one against each account. Could be related to Google+.

Prior to 2.0 somehow my default account in youtube got switched and I struggled with subscriptions like you are. If you don't see two entries there maybe you have some other problem. But subscriptions are working fine here - or at least they show up, usability is poor now they don't allow sorting returned results in the API. When you go into one of your subs you are just going to see videos (I think) sorted by view count and thats the only sort we have.

4. Remmerboy

Remmerboy Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    That can be fixed by using search.list instead of playlistItems.list in the api call as i have written in previous post. but when it's gonna be implemented is a matter of will and time

5. MPKeith

MPKeith Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I only have one username however. It did give me an idea however and after a quick search related to My Subscriptions failing, turned up the following on stackoverflow. Could this be the problem - you need to have a google+ account for it to work?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18945935/youtube-data-api-v3-subscriptions-list-and-mine-true

6. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    You need to post debug logs. But you can always create a G+ account and link it to see if it suddenly starts working.

7. zekaja
    • Premium Supporter

zekaja MP Donator

Music Production
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Show System Specs
  8. MPKeith

MPKeith Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Yes looks like that is the problem.

"This complete reliance on channel IDs might be perplexing for developers who were previously used to passing YouTube usernames to API methods, but v3 was designed to treat channels with and without legacy usernames identically, and that means using channel IDs everywhere."
    https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/guides/working_with_channel_ids

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    So did you resolve your issue by creating a channel? I think that is the difference between what I see in youtube. One is my google user account and the other a youtube channel. I don't upload videos but all my subs are under the channel name.

10. greybox
    • Premium Supporter

greybox MP Donator

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    The problem below appears only when Enable Login is set to true. My Subscriptions is is missing although I am logged into my account. Authentication token was received via Google Chrome.

Thanks.

11. 2102Michael

2102Michael Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    I still can not access YouTube. The only videos I can see are e.g "Watch Later Playlist", "Watch History Feed", or "Playlist". In "My Subscriptions" I only get the YouTube broken video.
    I do not find the option "Enable Login". Attached please find a screen shot for what happens if I press F9. My logs are attached too.

Please help, I really miss this plugin!
    ScrnShot.png

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!