Youtube is broken... (3 Viewers)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
@edsche :
Can you try Youtube with the setting "Enable Login" to false? Your log shows an error that comes from the youtube query api (one that is not helping: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten). If that works then maybe check your credentials.
Disabling enable login does indeed work, but i need to login with my account.

Btw: i did a clean install of Windows 10 and restored my settings with backupsettings which i created on win 7. so there was no initial login popop when i entered online Videos the first time. in the meantime i've logged in YouTube with ie11 and the New edge Browser manually . But this did not help :( maybe the Problem is the New default edge Browser on 10?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it might be possible to use the authentication method Kodi is using, it will ask you to open youtube on another browser/device and activate it there just like with SmartTV.

They have to do it that way because there's no browser on embedded devices, not sure if that is compatible with the OV API code currently used but might be a good fix as you don't need to rely on anything from the machine running Mediaportal.
    Part of the their Python code for auth:

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py

Kamshaft

Portal Member
    April 28, 2010
    Ontario Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Youtube on my setup plays anything/everything, so that's a non issue. However, the ONE feature I miss the most is the latest subscribed videos. Where it would list all the latest subscribed videos by date in one place. Now, it's just all over the place no sorting. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I appreciate all the hard work going into fixing this, and this thread is getting huge.
    Thanks again.
    Kam

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hmm I get the unable to play sometimes, but I seem to have the latest subscribed videos sorted by date...

So just the opposite of you kamshaft

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Youtube on my setup plays anything/everything, so that's a non issue. However, the ONE feature I miss the most is the latest subscribed videos. Where it would list all the latest subscribed videos by date in one place. Now, it's just all over the place no sorting. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I appreciate all the hard work going into fixing this, and this thread is getting huge.
    Thanks again.
    Kam

Tried to fix that one but the new Youtube API doesn't offer that anymore, the list currently used sorts them by activity date ("magic 8-ball sorting") and not by date published and when we request x number of results per page it includes other activities which we have to filter out which messes up the results as well.
    The sorting can be correct sometimes but other videos with different published dates can get in between if Youtube adds it as a new activity.

A few developers are working on this by fetching all the subscribed lists and sorting afterwards but this is not a solution that's recommended as it can exhaust the used API key depending on your feed count as you have to do a lot of requests (210 x 3 per 50 results in my case):

https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=3946

Youtube does offer it on its own site so why they didn't include it in the new API feature set is beyond me, once they come up with a proper fix for it will gladly include it :)

Last edited:

Kamshaft

Portal Member
    April 28, 2010
    Ontario Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Rick164

How's Kodi doing it? Works on that program.
    Just curious.

Thanks again.
    Kam

Tried to fix that one but the new Youtube API doesn't offer that anymore, the list currently used sorts them by activity date ("magic 8-ball sorting") and not by date published and when we request x number of results per page it includes other activities which we have to filter out which messes up the results as well.
    The sorting can be correct sometimes but other videos with different published dates can get in between if Youtube adds it as a new activity.

A few developers are working on this by fetching all the subscribed lists and sorting afterwards but this is not a solution that's recommended as it can exhaust the used API key depending on your feed count as you have to do a lot of requests (210 x 3 per 50 results in my case):

https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=3946

Youtube does offer it on its own site so why they didn't include it in the new API feature set is beyond me, once they come up with a proper fix for it will gladly include it :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Rick164

How's Kodi doing it? Works on that program.
    Just curious.

Not sure, will have to check but I'm guessing they're using the cached approach example then which only retrieves them x number of hours or scraping them outside the API.

Users who are viewing this thread