Youtube is broken... | Page 14

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by Hes, May 5, 2015.

1. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    They get the newest videos from the TV interface page opposed to the activities list, the Kodi plugin tries to imitate the TV client with coded paths and a few workarounds which is a lot different then what we use (cleaner but with a few limitations set by the API):

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py#L491

Not sure if we can include it into the current construction but will give it another go this weekend.

// UPDATE

Tried to include the Kodi approach but the 2 don't mix, it will require another authentication and might break in the future as its hard-coded headers + json output reading of the TV interface.
    If someone else wants to try it then it comes down to converting these functions:

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py#L490
    https://github.com/bromix/plugin.vi.../resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py#L639

Afterwards it will also need a new separate auth token which is why with Kodi you need to authenticate twice I guess and this is also version dependent.

Last edited: August 26, 2015
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. edsche
    • Premium Supporter

edsche Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +338 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    So now i fixed it by myself. This is no Problem of online Videos or the YouTube site. The Problem was that backupsettings restored some "old/wrong" config properties of online Videos and the YouTube site.

i've deleted following config properties in the MediaPortal.xml config:
    • YouTube.accountname
    • YouTube.login
    • YouTube.password
    • YouTube.enableLogin
    • YouTube.videoQuality
    • YouTubeV3apiStore.user
    And then i've setup the YouTube site properties again (enabled the YouTube initial Login). After that i've started online Videos and YouTube in MediaPortal and tata the initial YouTube Login browser poped up and YouTube worked again :D

4. Juppe

Juppe Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs

I've seen the same problem and I looked into that just a little. It looks like it is when the video you're about to watch is a "protected" video that only can be watch in embedded mode, then the API doesn't seems to return a URL for the video. But that just my guess. Would be nice if one of the developer could check to see if this is the problem. I can try to fix some logs of my problem.

5. rohnfe

rohnfe Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi there :)

i recognized i cant use the "login" function for youtube correctly whatever i do my login won`t work or at least my personal favourites and so on won`t show up.
    I have already accepted the token you have to grant access and set less secure apps to be allowed within my account.
    But whenever i enter the app only the youtube guide and the categories show up but not my "personal" stuff.
    Maybe you can help me here.. i have attached a screenshot showing my settings within the plugin config

Greetings

Attached Files:

• youtube.PNG
      youtube.PNG
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 11, 2015
      Views:
    • youtube2.PNG
      youtube2.PNG
      File size:
      437.4 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 11, 2015
      Views:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. greybox
    • Premium Supporter

greybox MP Donator

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Is YouTube broken again? I am getting "Online videos mediaportal error getting playback urls for video" error message.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Same here, seems to be caused by incorrect / different formatted output from the Youtube API:

Code (Text):
    2. [11-14 13:43:34,646] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData-GET (cached): 'http://youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=12345&has_verified=1'
    3. [11-14 13:43:34,646] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    5. Server stack trace:
    6.   at OnlineVideos.Hoster.Youtube.GetPlaybackOptions(String url)
    7.   at OnlineVideos.Sites.YouTubeV3Util.GetMultipleVideoUrls(VideoInfo video, Boolean inPlaylist)
    8.   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
    9.   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    11. Exception rethrown at [0]:
    12.   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    13.   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    14.   at OnlineVideos.Sites.SiteUtilBase.GetMultipleVideoUrls(VideoInfo video, Boolean inPlaylist)
    15.   at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.GUIOnlineVideos.<>c__DisplayClass5d.<Play_Step1>b__57()
    16.   at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Gui2UtilConnector.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteInBackgroundAndCallback>b__2()

Last edited: November 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Have a fix in place and seems to work so far, has to do with the FMT qualitiy loop getting out of bounds (hence the above error).

@offbyone mind if I push the fix to repo once I've tested it some more?

For those who want to test it out already there's an build attached, unpack the .dll and place it in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos

afterwards make sure not to auto-update as it will overwrite it ;)

// Update

Attached diff patch file as well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. grubi

grubi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Not working here.
    After applying the dll, I'm no longer able to "Search" or to browse thru "Categories".
    Should the dll work with OV 2.1?

10. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Have it build against the latest stable OV version so should work afaik, just tried search and categories but getting results for both so not sure why that isn't working.
    OV 2.1 installed and just replaced that one dll on my htpc machine while leaving the rest as is.

11. grubi

grubi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Rechecked but not working here.
    Also strange is the difference in size of the dll.
    1.0 MB vs 1.5 MB

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!