Youtube is broken... (2 Viewers)

Remmerboy

Portal Member
June 19, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thank you for the link. Although that link was the old api (i realized after overviewing the code for about 10min). But i found the apiv3 version.
The problem with videos sorted by viewcount/relevance seems to come from when mediaportal calls "QueryCategoryVideos" at line 685. This call order results by relevance (only 2 places do order by relevance. this call and the "QuerySearchVideos" call).
It could also be very nice, if you could add "New Videos" like in the old api. The activities.list can function the same as the subs feed from apiv2.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess you do not have the required filter installed.
    Your logs are missing a file like "MPUrlSourceSplitter.log" and the log says:
    [05-09 22:05:28,893] [MPMain ] [WARN ] Error adding 'MediaPortal Url Source Splitter' filter to graph: Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFFB

Make sure you have this extensions installed:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/ex...diaportal-iptv-filter-and-url-source-splitter
    and it is registered after install. (Check with "graphstudio next" for example) If not do so manually.
    Thanks. I installed it twice once via mpem and once via .mpei. i manually registered the .ax file as well. I'll try again.

It is strange that it was working then after an auto update via mpem it has stopped working.

After rechecking, i have the latest version and it's been manually registered.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The authorization Cookie is saved in mediaportal.xml. I am not asked on every mp start. How are you closing mp? I think the file is saved on mp closing, so if you kill the task you might get the described behavior.

Closing it either via the the UI itself or from the tray if I have it minimized (right click -> close), will check my Mediaportal.xml to see if it's saved :)

Hes

Portal Member
    December 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I too have problems playing certain videos resulting in the dreaded "no URL" error. I have .net 4.5, SAF6.30 and the latest URLSplitter installed, but this one still doesn't work:

Code:
    [05-10 01:18:50,320] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Searching for aktenzeichen xy 266 in all categories 
    [05-10 01:18:50,640] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] restoring search category...
    [05-10 01:18:50,640] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] Search category restored to All
    [05-10 01:19:00,782] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData-GET: 'http://youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=pKKHaqjRGR8&has_verified=1'
    [05-10 01:19:00,862] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData-GET: 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKKHaqjRGR8&has_verified=1'
    [05-10 01:19:02,832] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] Preparing graph for playback of 'https://r2---sn-fuoxu-i5he.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?mime=video%2Fmp4&dur=3555.021&upn=Afr0LJgwZVA&itag=18&ip=46.59.209.77&ratebypass=yes&source=youtube&mm=31&mt=1431213417&mv=m&pl=17&id=o-AAx6muZF3Xk6445dyezz-v9hK3YusIey1VTmAMg-au3Z&requiressl=yes&ms=au&key=yt5&initcwndbps=3280000&sparams=dur%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cpl%2Cratebypass%2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&expire=1431235140&ipbits=0&fexp=907263%2C934954%2C9406704%2C9407943%2C9408093%2C9408142%2C9408581%2C9408706%2C9410705%2C9413103%2C9413137%2C9414620%2C945137%2C948124%2C952612%2C952637%2C952640%2C952642&signature=78FC5FEF7C2092FCE475157E6CC0A6BC4F86B106.94E851D06D3B8E4A9565982DAD17B57ABF7D13E5&sver=3&ext=.mp4'
    [05-10 01:19:03,023] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Start prebuffering ...
    [05-10 01:19:03,023] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] BufferFile : using 'MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter' as source filter
    [05-10 01:19:03,024] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] System.ArgumentException: The protocol is not supported.
    Parameter name: uri
       at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.HttpUrl..ctor(Uri uri)
       at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.HttpUrl..ctor(String url)
       at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.UrlFactory.CreateUrl(String url)
       at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.UrlBuilder.GetFilterUrl(SiteUtilBase siteUtil, String url)
       at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Player.OnlineVideosPlayer.BufferFile(SiteUtilBase siteUtil)
    [05-10 01:19:03,024] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Buffering was aborted.
    [05-10 01:19:03,133] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Prebuffering failed.

In the MPUrlSourceSplitter.log, there is absolutely nothing for this time period, but lots of info on videos I played before or after.

If you need any other logs, just drop me a line. I'm a little hesitant to post boatloads of potentially private information, so I haven't just attached a complete log archive.

Cheers, michael.

Remmerboy

Portal Member
    June 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Hes
    that youtubevideo says "Playback on other websites has been disable by the video owner". So that's why you can't see it on OV

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    With the latest update the playback works now, but search results return the titles and upload time instead of duration. How can I show the duration?
    Untitled.jpg

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately Google currently does not give the duration of a video on every API call. Not sure why they did this. Some video lists will have a duration on their elements, depending on the query - some won't.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated the youtube site. Under "My subscriptions" you'll now find a "Latest Videos" category as first entry, doing the action list with home as requested.
    I also fixed that the sort order is now possible on search. Proble, in general: Youtube API v3 does not offer a sort order on most queries. Mostly only search for videos.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Google does have a habit of breaking their APIs more often then any tech company out there :(

There does seem to be the date attribute in every video which is consistent but by default AM/PM (depending on user settings) so would need to be converted to a universal sort time ( Datetime.ToString("u") ) to allow for proper sorting, might it be possible to use the video date and sort them in the UI (facadeList.sort(<videoDateAttr>)?

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/videos#snippet.publishedAt

Far from ideal but might be useful as a temporary workaround :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem with that idea is pages requests. If the server already pre-sorts the videos, what good would be the second request which gives me videos seemingly randomly sorted inbetween the old ones ;)

Users who are viewing this thread