General Support (52 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
Hi all Just move my HTPC frome the lounge to the garage (WAF up 3 points) and now running audio and composite video over 6 metres using cat5. But in doing so I messed up my audio config (durring all the confussion, wires everywhere) and I can't remember how it was connected! I'm running svideo from my foxtel digital box into...
Hi all Just move my HTPC frome the lounge to the garage (WAF up 3 points) and now running audio and composite video over 6...
Hi all Just move my HTPC frome the lounge to the garage (WAF up 3 points) and now running audio and composite video over 6...
Replies
Views
If I select browser after starting mediaPortal it works fine. If I have viewed TV and then select browser I only see the top bar and background. If I move the mouse around various things pop up and disappear again immediately. I am using 0.2.0.0 RC2 cvs 3/3/06 with the PROJECT X skin.
If I select browser after starting mediaPortal it works fine. If I have viewed TV and then select browser I only see the top bar...
If I select browser after starting mediaPortal it works fine. If I have viewed TV and then select browser I only see the top bar...
Replies
Views
from what you tell there is only one possible answer ... you have two boxes and you need to s-video-in's - so you need 2 PVR150's ... Here the mathematical proof: 1 + 1 = 2 (by the way: I also go from my box through s-video into the PVR150 - very good quality!) thanks+regards WeWe
from what you tell there is only one possible answer ... you have two boxes and you need to s-video-in's - so you need 2 PVR150's...
Here is my story. I currently use the WinTV-PVR-150 (still within the return period). I want to use my second directv box so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, first I want to thank the devs for the superb new Technotrend support (I own a budget DVB-C 1500 with CI and Alphacrypt light)! My question is: Will there be support for the bundled remote? Thanks, Manuel
Hi, first I want to thank the devs for the superb new Technotrend support (I own a budget DVB-C 1500 with CI and Alphacrypt...
Hi, first I want to thank the devs for the superb new Technotrend support (I own a budget DVB-C 1500 with CI and Alphacrypt...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Twinhan remote DE
I have a Twinhan remote that I have been trying to get to work with MP. I have tried HIP but it doesn't work perfect from what I can see. Does HIP treat the "keypress" from the remote and the keyboard the same? The mapping process seems cumbersome (anyone have a mapping to share with the rest?). What I have been thinking about...
I have a Twinhan remote that I have been trying to get to work with MP. I have tried HIP but it doesn't work perfect from what I...
I have a Twinhan remote that I have been trying to get to work with MP. I have tried HIP but it doesn't work perfect from what I...
Replies
Views
ASiDiE Yup, I saw your posts after I posted. I'm not sure why E* would be such a problem. I hope that this issue gets resolved soon, too. I've tried just about everything -- the most usable thing was MyTheatre/Sage integration, but that too is kludgy at best. I sincerely hope that MP gets its DVB issues resolved. In the meanwhile...
ASiDiE Yup, I saw your posts after I posted. I'm not sure why E* would be such a problem. I hope that this issue gets resolved...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-04) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
well I know now that I sould allways only use the blueskin but before It was of some unknown reason never a problem :-) never mind it works now!
well I know now that I sould allways only use the blueskin but before It was of some unknown reason never a problem :-) never...
When using radio sound/stataions playing music (with external player winamp) MP hangs .. does play but then frezes so that MP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IRDA and Remotes DE
Hey, i was wondering is it possible in anyform to get a HP MCE remote to work with an USB IRDA thing (for lack of a better word lol) as i have turned my mobile phone and Pocket Pc into tv remotes (both equipped with IRDA) also i am aware the limitations of IRDA (eg. range) any ideas? Many Thanks Regards Andrew :D
Hey, i was wondering is it possible in anyform to get a HP MCE remote to work with an USB IRDA thing (for lack of a better word...
Hey, i was wondering is it possible in anyform to get a HP MCE remote to work with an USB IRDA thing (for lack of a better word...
Replies
Views
thanks.. i found it was 720 x 576 for PAL... Although i must admit... it doesn't fix the issue... i still have to increase the size of the screen because of borders... but it is now set to 720 x 576 for PAL... Maybe i just have to live with it....
thanks.. i found it was 720 x 576 for PAL... Although i must admit... it doesn't fix the issue... i still have to increase the...
Hi there, When i installed my card and put the output to the tv (using geforce 6600 turbo cache with latest nvidia drivers) - I...
Replies
Views
For some reason, exclusiveDirectX mode did not resolve my tearing issues. Ender and I troubleshot it quite a bit, and he only saw it with the nV PureVideo codecs. It was pretty pervasive for me on all media even Xvid and Divx so I doubt it was related strictly to the Pure Video codecs. In any case, if your problem is resolved...
For some reason, exclusiveDirectX mode did not resolve my tearing issues. Ender and I troubleshot it quite a bit, and he only saw...
Hi there, Can anyone help? I have an Asus Geforce 6200 tuebocache... I have replaced the drivers with the latest Nvidia...
Replies
Views
Problem SOLVED !!!!. Change de audio CODECS :oops:
Problem SOLVED !!!!. Change de audio CODECS :oops:
Area: Media Portal MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 Last CVS Version MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Using Playlists DE
Ok, I found a solution. I was saving list in m3u format, I have save list in .wpl and now MP can open it and play it correctly.
Ok, I found a solution. I was saving list in m3u format, I have save list in .wpl and now MP can open it and play it correctly.
Hi all... Having some difficulty using playlists. I create a playlist of video files that I have, but I can't seem to be able to...
Replies
Views
Hmmmm - that's interesting. I have had my MCE remote for nearly 12 months, used it every day and it still has the original batteries in it.... :)
Hmmmm - that's interesting. I have had my MCE remote for nearly 12 months, used it every day and it still has the original...
i have a quick question for anyone who can answer it, The hauppauge remote had the 4 colour buttons (teletext) on the buttom of the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Radio and TV sound DE
I found the problem. I use an another USB port of the PC and it is now working... I do not really undertand why....
I found the problem. I use an another USB port of the PC and it is now working... I do not really undertand why....
Hello, I want first to say I tried many programs, on Linux and Windows. Media portal is really the best I tested. I really like...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I just install Media Portal 0.1.3 as I heard that's the last version that support S/W capture card like ATI AIW 9000. I am able to get using XMLTV ( I used myHTPC before), watch the TV screen on "my TV" section, but no audio at all. I scheduled a record but it doesn't list on the Schedule section on my ATI MMC 9.08...
Hi Everyone, I just install Media Portal 0.1.3 as I heard that's the last version that support S/W capture card like ATI AIW...
Hi Everyone, I just install Media Portal 0.1.3 as I heard that's the last version that support S/W capture card like ATI AIW...
Replies
Views
this is all such a joke :-/ US DRM I mean. I really have no intention of stealing, etc...just want to watch stuff that I paid for. Guess I'm stuck with mythTV / firewire or sageTV until we can get firewire for media portal figured out...
this is all such a joke :-/ US DRM I mean. I really have no intention of stealing, etc...just want to watch stuff that I paid for...
Well, I am a long-time mythTV user, and I'm looking to do something a little different. There are tons of things that I loved about...
Replies
Views
I think it's a question of whether or not your codec or program that does post processing supports it.
I think it's a question of whether or not your codec or program that does post processing supports it.
Does mediaportal support using an ATI x1*** GPU for mpeg4 compression offloading the CPU?? se...
Replies
Views
friesland tvhome: 247000 263000 271000 279000 287000 295000 305000 313000 321000 329000 337000 345000 353000 361000 369000 610000 618000 762000 810000 818000 (64QAM,6875000) might also be a tip to include all possible freq in a "dvbc Symbolrate 6875.dvbc" and name it "all possible freq dvbc Symbolrate...
friesland tvhome: 247000 263000 271000 279000 287000 295000 305000 313000 321000 329000 337000 345000 353000 361000...
Hi, Had some problems getting all the frequencies for Tvhome on my FireDTV card. After some searching I came up with the...
Replies
Views
Should have check wikipedia first :oops: I thought that some thing stanage was going on as most people think of pure video as the only method of video acceleration, i blame nvidia's marketing team for the confusion, now all ive got to do is find which codec is best to use.
Should have check wikipedia first :oops: I thought that some thing stanage was going on as most people think of pure video as the...
In reference to hardware encoding cards and dvb-t cards From what i have gathered so far a video codec with DXVA will off load...
Replies
Views
Hello Everybody. I downloaded mediaportal version 0.2.0.0 RC2, and i'm using a Gainward TV2GO USB-Adapter. My Card was recognized perfectly, but the programs are displayed wrong. I try to explain. The pictures i see are widescreen 16:10, even i told the prog that it should take the original source. Also it seems that i need another...
Hello Everybody. I downloaded mediaportal version 0.2.0.0 RC2, and i'm using a Gainward TV2GO USB-Adapter. My Card was...
Hello Everybody. I downloaded mediaportal version 0.2.0.0 RC2, and i'm using a Gainward TV2GO USB-Adapter. My Card was...
Replies
Views
They are ordered in the same way as your stations in the setup. You can change it there to any sequence you'd like.
They are ordered in the same way as your stations in the setup. You can change it there to any sequence you'd like.
I've been using MediaPortal for some time but now I've finally got my HTPC into the living room. One of the criticisms is that the...
Replies
Views
Fill out a support template please.
Fill out a support template please.
I have Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP, with lastest software installed. Card works with Leadtek PVR and ChrisTV. It's also detected by...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-05) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge Video Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge CPU Type...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-05) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-05) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Why opening another thread here? I think your issue was discussed in the other thread and there is everything you need to know. Closed.
Why opening another thread here? I think your issue was discussed in the other thread and there is everything you need to know...
First: Thnaks to D-MAN for all his work and effort with MP. This is my setup: Area: Media Portal Hardware Support MP Version...
Replies
Views
My problem disapeared with the 1.2.3.5 driver form twinhan /BigAl
My problem disapeared with the 1.2.3.5 driver form twinhan /BigAl
Finally the Twinhan DVB-C card works, it was a bad driver that Twinhan now has fixed. Autotune works and finds every channel...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asus S-presso DE
this card does not have a hardware mpeg encoder. So it's a 'software encoding card'. They removed the support for this kind of cards but there seems to be an other way ... check that: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/global/commerical_software_encoder_support.html thanks+regards WeWe
this card does not have a hardware mpeg encoder. So it's a 'software encoding card'. They removed the support for this kind of...
Hi there, I am trying to install my Asus S-presso machine as a Media Center for more than a week now and I am now so far that I...
Replies
Views
Ive generally always used the beta drivers as they come out (or when I can be bothered upgrading. They fix various problems (like some users not having sound etc or bad composite inputs etc) so Id say try them first.
Ive generally always used the beta drivers as they come out (or when I can be bothered upgrading. They fix various problems (like...
Hi, I have a Hauppauge PVR-150 and wonder what is the best place to download the drivers. The Hauppauge official site? I know...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Edit menus DE
Hi, 1) Configure->Plugins Uncheck unwanted Plugins in the "enabled" column 2) Do not understand what you mean by this question. Please be more specific... Flip
Hi, 1) Configure->Plugins Uncheck unwanted Plugins in the "enabled" column 2) Do not understand what you mean by this...
is it possible to remove some of the menu entries? I have no TV card, and won't be using Media Portal to play Tetris or listen to...
Replies
Views
I've been getting some errors. Maybe the service pack will help. Thanks.
I've been getting some errors. Maybe the service pack will help. Thanks.
Area: Capture Cards MP Version: 0.2 RC2 CVS from Feb 21 Skin: Project X Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: Intel Celeron...
Replies
Views
Hi Flip, that helped, thanks a lot! Jens
Hi Flip, that helped, thanks a lot! Jens
Area: MediaPortal RC 2 CVS 03-04-2006 Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU Type: Athlon XP 2400+ Memory: 512 MB...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom