Barebones and commercial HTPC's (11 Viewers)

This forum is for discussions about Barebones, and commercial HTPC's.
The giada does giadatech.com/
The giada does giadatech.com/
ASUS - Desktop S1-AT5NM10E Price-wise, design and first technical specs seem to be ok What do you guys think about it?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ION DE
Might want to check out this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/ My Acer Revo 3610 (similar hardware to yours I think) plays back all of the formats you listed, but I am only using it as a client, i.e. TV cards are in a separate server. My codec setups are in the other thread. I...
Might want to check out this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/ My Acer...
So, has anyone tried an Ion based system yet? I'm really curious how well the MP interface performs with this chipset. I know it...
Replies
Views
Here's the update, with some photos showing the M350 case attached via the VESA mounts to a cheap Dell 17" VGA screen. The screen is the only one I had around that has the Vesa mounts on it, and it works quite well - the picture quality is not as bad as I thought it would be, although MediaPortal does seem slow moving between screens...
Here's the update, with some photos showing the M350 case attached via the VESA mounts to a cheap Dell 17" VGA screen. The screen...
I have taken the plunge and ordered the parts for a new HTPC client, with the old Zalman working as the server. Having read a few...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to get nettop for HTPC. I'm looking over ASRock ION330-BD, but this model is over a year old and i read, that there is new line coming, called ASRock ION2. I'm planning to use this nettop only with XBMC or mediaportal as HTPC and maybe 24/7 torrent client (if configuration will allow). Is it worth waiting and paying...
I'm planning to get nettop for HTPC. I'm looking over ASRock ION330-BD, but this model is over a year old and i read, that there is...
I'm planning to get nettop for HTPC. I'm looking over ASRock ION330-BD, but this model is over a year old and i read, that there is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New; Dell ZINO HD DE
I used to be a field techy for dell, and anyone that has been there would probably never want a dell product entering their house lol. But even though I'd never buy dell products myself, I gotta say the specs for this are great for the prices. Not something that would blow all your savings and then leave you high and dry if it...
I used to be a field techy for dell, and anyone that has been there would probably never want a dell product entering their house...
Dell have just released some neat mITX HTPC's starting at $229 They use 2650e CPU in combo with HD3200 on board. Very neat little...
Replies
Views
honestly i've given up on ASUS products.. they are visually stunning but that is where is ends... i've purchased components from them over and over trying to convince myself that they are good but finally i've given in.. they put too much emphasis in visual design instead of quality... but that's just my 2 cents..
honestly i've given up on ASUS products.. they are visually stunning but that is where is ends... i've purchased components from...
Does anyone have any experience of using the Asus P2-M3A3200 or P6-M4A3000E and any Compro U80 DVB-T tuners? The Compro are USB and...
Replies
Views
Thx, loc. Exactly, good tip. Thank you, I will configure it this way. I just have to order all devices. I was just checking if this is a good idea with laptop and it seems it is.
Thx, loc. Exactly, good tip. Thank you, I will configure it this way. I just have to order all devices. I was just checking if this...
I'm preparing to setup my 3rd client. This one will be placed in my bedroom. I analyzed mainly ION based barebones like: Zotac...
Replies
Views
Great mini system got the MP45-BDR - Been running with this for almost a year now and its been really great. Most importantly keeps the wife happy as its small and quiet. My set up my Aopen MP45-BDR is: CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme Mobile X9100 3.06Ghz RAM: 4GB DDR2 HDD Hitachi 7200rpm 320GB 2.5 HDD miniPCI-e: HP Tv Tuner Aver A310 -...
Great mini system got the MP45-BDR - Been running with this for almost a year now and its been really great. Most importantly...
I recently purchased an Aopen MP45-DR barebone PC to use as my HTPC client (the server being placed in another room). I thought...
Replies
Views
Take a look here: Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 Review: Next Gen ION is Better & Worse than ION1 NVIDIA’s Next Generation ION isn’t exactly the follow on that we expected. While GPU performance has improved, in many cases it’s a bit slower than the original ION thanks to the anemic PCIe x1 connection to the chipset. This isn’t NVIDIA’s...
Take a look here: Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 Review: Next Gen ION is Better & Worse than ION1 NVIDIA’s Next Generation ION isn’t...
Hi guys, I'm looking to add a MP client with a small footprint to my network so I'm comparing these. Aside from the physical...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zotac MAG (ION) DE
YES, I have experience with it :D. And I just LOVE it. It works great also for HD and I connected an HD projector to it to create an 108" image. See 'ongoing HTPC projects'. VdR
YES, I have experience with it :D. And I just LOVE it. It works great also for HD and I connected an HD projector to it to...
Hi guys.. What about this new sexy toy????its looking very hot.. ZOTAC - It's time to play! - mini-PC And here is a review...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asrock 330HT Remote DE
Hi BrAtKo, I downloaded the latest driver from the ASRock support site and everything works fine now. The Windows 7 CIR drivers that shipped with the 330HT did not. I am a happy man now ;-) Regards, Frank
Hi BrAtKo, I downloaded the latest driver from the ASRock support site and everything works fine now. The Windows 7 CIR drivers...
Hi MP, i was wondering if someone could tell me if the Asrock 330HT remote control requires an external IR receiver? I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to get my ASRock ION 330 connected to my CRT TV with a special built VGA to Scart RGB Cable. With Powerstrip I used these settings according to this thread where others has succes with different graphics cards: 720x576=720,16,64,64,576,5,5,39,13500,286 though I can't get a picture. Other settings gave me just...
Hi, I'm trying to get my ASRock ION 330 connected to my CRT TV with a special built VGA to Scart RGB Cable. With Powerstrip I...
Hi, I'm trying to get my ASRock ION 330 connected to my CRT TV with a special built VGA to Scart RGB Cable. With Powerstrip I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Experience fitpc-2 DE
.... and only Intel GPU :(
.... and only Intel GPU :(
Does somebody has experience with the fitpc2? Fit PC 2 On the hole forum only one post is about this machine. If I'm right it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Lenovo Q700 DE
Looks pricey but could be a good candidate.... Lenovo debuts "fit anywhere" Q700 home entertainment PC
Looks pricey but could be a good candidate.... Lenovo debuts "fit anywhere" Q700 home entertainment PC
Replies
Views
the program is called hibernate trigger if i'm right. With this program you can execute a batchfile when a system goes in standby or comes out. When my system comes out of standby it waits a few sec to get the nic online, then send a wol packet to the server en then starts mediaportal. When going to standby I start a program killtask...
the program is called hibernate trigger if i'm right. With this program you can execute a batchfile when a system goes in standby...
Check this out - looks like they upped the specs and stuck in a good graphics card, this could be one superb Client - one model...
Replies
Views
Me too. It's what I use as a TV server client, and 720p works flawlessly. In terms of OS, I tried Vista.. didn't like it too much, downgraded to XP, which worked ok. Now I'm running Windows 7, which works like a charm.
Me too. It's what I use as a TV server client, and 720p works flawlessly. In terms of OS, I tried Vista.. didn't like it too...
Hello All, I'm new around here. I just lost my Xbox a couple of months ago. I loved this guy, especially since a friend of mine...
Replies
Views
I am looking for feedback on the "ne ttop" touch screen boxes that have recently surfaced. These look like prime candidates for a living room / kitchen area audio jukebox. Does anyone have feedback regarding the following, or other models i may have missed. Is anyone actively using one of these, if so, what skin suites the...
I am looking for feedback on the "ne ttop" touch screen boxes that have recently surfaced. These look like prime candidates for a...
I am looking for feedback on the "ne ttop" touch screen boxes that have recently surfaced. These look like prime candidates for a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom