Feature Requests (2 Viewers)

It’s already implemented as I know.
It’s already implemented as I know.
Dear MediaPortal2 development team, I am using MediaPortal (1) since a very early stage and I am very happy with the product. Now...
Replies
Views
I suppose the total length is also sent/known? So buffer a given percentage and measure how much time it takes and then re-adjust the buffer for continuous playback? Maybe give a warning "buffering will take x minutes for smooth playback". However, this seems like an other problem: increasing bandwidth requirements with ever...
I suppose the total length is also sent/known? So buffer a given percentage and measure how much time it takes and then re-adjust...
Hi. In an German thread an idea raises up that I think is not too bad. Wouldn't it be nice if the MP2 client will have some sort of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Play file from File Explorer (1 Viewer) DE
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
Replies
Views
So to prevent any confusion, MP2 internally create a playlist, which is good and great won't change. We call it playlist since it is done the same way for pictures like it is done for music and videos etc. This means it offers us the reusing the same features without the need to write code for "putting one item after another" and...
So to prevent any confusion, MP2 internally create a playlist, which is good and great won't change. We call it playlist since it...
This feature request is documented in wiki: PicturePlaybackModes This thread is for getting feedback whether your would like to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture rotation DE
IMHO this is required for practical but mainly for user acceptance reasons. MediaPortal 2 should be able to rotate pictures so that they display in the correct orientation.
IMHO this is required for practical but mainly for user acceptance reasons. MediaPortal 2 should be able to rotate pictures so that...
Is there any possibility to permanently rotate pictures from within the picture section of the GUI?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture on folder DE
Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead of the folder icon in "folder" view. Can you help me again? did you go back on this problem?
Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead...
Hello after multiple searches and tests I still cannot display an image (folder) instead of the folder logo when I am in the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture Geolocation DE
another suggestion, maybe for the long term: Show the pictures on a map. May mobilephone has this option and this is really great :) You have a map and all over this map you can see where you taken which picture :)
another suggestion, maybe for the long term: Show the pictures on a map. May mobilephone has this option and this is really great...
Hi morpheusxx, I have seen, that you are working on picture geolocation. Do you plan only goolemaps and openstreetmap for this...
Replies
Views
As a past user of Windows Media Centre I'm loving the new WMC skin. It did get me thinking however of the screensaver that it used to have - It was a black & white photo wall that randomly scrolled up/down then zoomed into a photo and colourised it: I realise that getting something like this for MP is a big ask and is more of a...
As a past user of Windows Media Centre I'm loving the new WMC skin. It did get me thinking however of the screensaver that it used...
As a past user of Windows Media Centre I'm loving the new WMC skin. It did get me thinking however of the screensaver that it used...
Replies
Views
That's the point. MP2 needs some USF's (unique selling factors). One is emulators plugin from @Brownard and the flexible media management for me, other stuff is in my case available and partly better in already integrated TV-software. Recording is not important for me, I'm just watching TV or stream what I want to see.
That's the point. MP2 needs some USF's (unique selling factors). One is emulators plugin from @Brownard and the flexible media...
Hi, I have a feature request, that might be also in interest to many others. OV2 is nice, but a bit outdated and creating a lot of...
Replies
Views
It would be nice, when i can create own categories for mediafiles For example: Music (all music you can buy) Audiobooks (from audible or ripped from cd, like ALF or Harry Potter) Comedy (CD's from Comedians) Karaoke (music with no leadsinger)
It would be nice, when i can create own categories for mediafiles For example: Music (all music you can buy) Audiobooks (from...
It would be nice, when i can create own categories for mediafiles For example: Music (all music you can buy) Audiobooks (from...
Replies
Views
MP2 should have a setting option for clients to sync/overwrite all settings with the master client/server settings. Thats usefull if all clients should have the same plugins and basic settings like the master client/server. Please make that independent from the user-management if thats possible, because I do not use the...
MP2 should have a setting option for clients to sync/overwrite all settings with the master client/server settings. Thats usefull...
MP2 should have a setting option for clients to sync/overwrite all settings with the master client/server settings. Thats usefull...
Replies
Views
Check out the section "Online Videos". It already contains lots of sources, e.g. Netflix and Amazon Prime. The challenge is that providers constantly change their web surfaces, hence each site requires maintenance (and somebody who does it). The other thing is that the current GUI is not very fancy.
Check out the section "Online Videos". It already contains lots of sources, e.g. Netflix and Amazon Prime. The challenge is that...
I vvould like to knovv if it is (or vvill be a day) possible to vvatch OTT tv's inside mediaportal? Example: molotov.tv available...
Replies
Views
Not only do we here in Finland have prefixes added to movies, but age ratings are added as as a suffix like this "(12)". MP2 of course then groups episodes of the same series with different age ratings to separate groups, so at first I thought of suggesting that the parenthesis and their contents could be ignored as an option, but...
Not only do we here in Finland have prefixes added to movies, but age ratings are added as as a suffix like this "(12)". MP2 of...
Not only do we here in Finland have prefixes added to movies, but age ratings are added as as a suffix like this "(12)". MP2 of...
Replies
Views
Thanks. So if I go to Images, hit right arrow, and choose the option "To folder view", then choose server and my Pictures folder, does this use database access or local view? Is about 30 seconds a reasonable time to load 184 folders and 3 pictures?
Thanks. So if I go to Images, hit right arrow, and choose the option "To folder view", then choose server and my Pictures folder...
It would be nice to have Folder Name as one of the categories available in the Images display. (And perhaps as a sort option?)...
Replies
Views
Hi, she learned to use the real keyboard after attempting to use the onscreen keyboard :p Cheers Blue Max
Hi, she learned to use the real keyboard after attempting to use the onscreen keyboard :p Cheers Blue Max
It would be nice if the on-screen keyboard still accepted input from the real keyboard - in other words, you can either move the...
Replies
Views
FYI, I took responsibility this week over RadioTime plugin since its original developer has left. (Just announce it a couple of days ago). The updated project site is here. Took it mainly to solve a security issue. (PM me if you want details) I'm just in the middle of the rebranding process (changing 'RadioTime' to 'TuneIn'). Not...
FYI, I took responsibility this week over RadioTime plugin since its original developer has left. (Just announce it a couple of...
Besides all the tv features, the hundreds of GBs we fill with series and movies, sometimes it's nice to simply listen to the radio...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm not sure about pdf (think this can not be displayed inside MP2 atm) but the rest seems to be possible already. Add a share with all three types of MI (Audio, Video, Pictures) marked. Then just "Browse Media", navigate to the share you've created sort by name or date or whatever you like and then "add all to playlist"...
Hi. I'm not sure about pdf (think this can not be displayed inside MP2 atm) but the rest seems to be possible already. Add a share...
Case: 2 weeks of holiday, i come back with a full sd-card with pictures and videos and maybe some other stuff like audio...
Replies
Views
Hi, I currently have MP2 installed alongside MP1.I am really impressed by the speed and ease of use of MP2.Are there any plans to have a similar plugin/function of MP1's "One Button Music" plugin?.This is a plugin I use a lot as a simple press of the "P" button on the keyboard plays a random track of my music database. Thanks
Hi, I currently have MP2 installed alongside MP1.I am really impressed by the speed and ease of use of MP2.Are there any plans to...
Hi, I currently have MP2 installed alongside MP1.I am really impressed by the speed and ease of use of MP2.Are there any plans to...
Replies
Views
I like the idea of small popups for NEWS feed. EDIT: Oh I was thinking of this for team-mp forums :)
I like the idea of small popups for NEWS feed. EDIT: Oh I was thinking of this for team-mp forums :)
It would be nice to be able have a setting per feed for showing a popup in case of a new message. I could imagine having the...
Replies
Views
This thread is about improvements to trim the navigation bar if items' width or the total bar width grows too much. It can be used to evaluate more/other options and ideas. Here are a few screenshots of the current behavior: It is not possible to navigate to the hidden items: So instead of hiding the items completely: it...
This thread is about improvements to trim the navigation bar if items' width or the total bar width grows too much. It can be used...
This thread is about improvements to trim the navigation bar if items' width or the total bar width grows too much. It can be used...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Music Videos on MP2 DE
I am also very interested in this and suspected this might be the case as I only yesterday tried MP2 for the first time. My Mediaportal 1 installation has been become a bit messed up so I am in process of re-installing windows and all over again, and thinking to install MP2 only. But what is the best way to watch music videos on my...
I am also very interested in this and suspected this might be the case as I only yesterday tried MP2 for the first time. My...
Hi Guys First of all, huge congratulations on getting MP2.1 out. Looks fantastic I've searched, but can't seem to locate an...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Multi-zone audio DE
Wow, this is so what I am looking for! It would automatically be a real alternative to high budget multiroom audio systems like Sonos or Raumfeld. Imagine a WLAN sound stream that can be accepted and controlled by multiple clients (such as smartphones, tablets i.e...). Such power. I mean the web browser can play different audio-feeds...
Wow, this is so what I am looking for! It would automatically be a real alternative to high budget multiroom audio systems like...
Hi there I've been using MediaPortal for quite some time now, and have it configured as a single seat machine connected to the...
Replies
Views
Offtopic: Have you tried doing this with MP1 + WebMP, might work.
Offtopic: Have you tried doing this with MP1 + WebMP, might work.
Hi, I often like to have two channels going at the same time, this is especially when I am watching sports, so I can have 2 matches...
Replies
Views
This thread describes an open task for MP2. If you think you can help with this, pick it up and write some code. If you have any development related questions, feel free to ask. Task description: MP2 should have an additional windows service "MP2-UpdateService". This service should be responsible to update files in ProgramFiles...
This thread describes an open task for MP2. If you think you can help with this, pick it up and write some code. If you have any...
This thread describes an open task for MP2. If you think you can help with this, pick it up and write some code. If you have any...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Controlling the Server by App would be perfect. Is this possible with the build added here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-mp2extended.132322/page-74 ?
Thanks. Controlling the Server by App would be perfect. Is this possible with the build added here...
Hi, Do we already have some web interface for MP2 or is there any plans to have that kind of? So that you could schedule recording...
Replies
Views
Hello! If I am right there is currently no possibility to show different weather icons for day and night depending on the sunrise/sundown times. Maybe an improvement for future versions since MP2 seems pretty stable to me now. :) Thanks!
Hello! If I am right there is currently no possibility to show different weather icons for day and night depending on the...
Hello! If I am right there is currently no possibility to show different weather icons for day and night depending on the...
Replies
Views
I could even program it in #C I believe :) But I have no idea about the header in #C and how things are connected. Would be nice beeing able to calculate this directly in xmal, with my proposed math converter it would be. Let's see. Yes, I think a user should even be able to define what "recent" means. I have 2 weeks in my head...
I could even program it in #C I believe :) But I have no idea about the header in #C and how things are connected. Would be nice...
Hello, I would really like to be able to build a custom filter for a movies in MP2... Ultimately what I am after is the ability...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 and FTP DE
Thanks for asking, Morpheus. But I de installed Mediaportal due to horrific problems with the TV Function.
Thanks for asking, Morpheus. But I de installed Mediaportal due to horrific problems with the TV Function.
Hi, what about MePo2 having access to an FTP Server. Would that be an improvement worth working on ?
Replies
Views
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over the years. I was looking into updating to MP 2 but when I ran a test it did not recognize the format that I have used with download tv series information with MP-TV Series (that I've used for 10 years on...
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over...
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over...
Replies
Views
There will be no further comment from the team. Except one thing: your screen shot shows the importer to be at 65% only. Once completed and then still not showing, you are allowed to bring this up as issue.
There will be no further comment from the team. Except one thing: your screen shot shows the importer to be at 65% only. Once...
It would be really great to have a backend similar to the on from MovingPictures to edit the entries fast and precise. Getting a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom