Feature Requests (11 Viewers)

My own findings are that you need to experiment a little bit to get optimum results. For example QuickSync doesn’t work for me although I do have Intel hardware. So in essence: hardware setups are so heterogeneous that an automatic setup won’t always work. Setting up LAV is no rocket science though. Also a simple question in the...
My own findings are that you need to experiment a little bit to get optimum results. For example QuickSync doesn’t work for me...
Would it be helpful to include an interactive setup "wizard" for the LAV audio / video options which configures the LAV filters...
Replies
Views
Hi, start playing a first media item (e.g. movie) start playing a second media item (e.g. music) and a pop-up dialog will ask, if you want to quit the playing item and succeed just with the new one or if you want to play it in PIP mode.
Hi, start playing a first media item (e.g. movie) start playing a second media item (e.g. music) and a pop-up dialog will ask, if...
Would it be possible to have a configurable button that would swap PIP in one go. Currently you have select menu 4 times then...
Replies
Views
I have this issue also and whilst I understand there is a code freeze I'm hoping there is potentially a workaround. I want to point my server at a local folder on a local drive but using a UNC share so I can delete from a client on a separate machine. The folder is shared and fully RW on client, but I can't type in the TV Server...
I have this issue also and whilst I understand there is a code freeze I'm hoping there is potentially a workaround. I want to...
I'm testing out MP2, and when setting up recording folders / etc. in TV Server config, there is no way to enter a UNC path. The...
Replies
Views
+1 for episodes management
+1 for episodes management
Episode management where you select the number of episodes of a TV program to keep is not able to be selected from the user...
Replies
Views
Check out the section "Online Videos". It already contains lots of sources, e.g. Netflix and Amazon Prime. The challenge is that providers constantly change their web surfaces, hence each site requires maintenance (and somebody who does it). The other thing is that the current GUI is not very fancy.
Check out the section "Online Videos". It already contains lots of sources, e.g. Netflix and Amazon Prime. The challenge is that...
I vvould like to knovv if it is (or vvill be a day) possible to vvatch OTT tv's inside mediaportal? Example: molotov.tv available...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 catchup recordings DE
Also demand 5 is missing from online videos so that's also not helping!
Also demand 5 is missing from online videos so that's also not helping!
I don't know if this is possible but a feature that would be pretty awesome would be to have catchup built into the epg. What I...
Replies
Views
Next version of MP2 includes user management, so you can filter by items and user who is logged in.
Next version of MP2 includes user management, so you can filter by items and user who is logged in.
Hi :) I've been using MP-TVSeries for a while, and in MP2, I miss some functions, so I'd like to share with you. - Per serie...
Replies
Views
Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:. Whilst MP2 has improved considerably in other respects the lack of Madvr integration and or an option to use an external player leaves a big hole. I'm not just talking about commercial players, if we had an external...
Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:. Whilst MP2...
MP2 is looking more and more impressive but there is one area where it seems to fall down and I have not been able to determine...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Custom Movie filter DE
Ooooh, user management sounds interesting! The only thing keeping me from upgrading is having all mine and the kids content in one place. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Ooooh, user management sounds interesting! The only thing keeping me from upgrading is having all mine and the kids content in one...
Hi, I'd love to see the ability to add a custom filter based on movie location. In MP1 I used this so when entering the movie...
Replies
Views
MP1 had this wonderful feature where a programme starting at a future time could be selected and, in the context menu, instead of choosing to record the programme, you could set a reminder. Then, 3 minutes before the programme started, a pop-up would appear and tell you that the progamme was about to start and ask if you wanted to...
MP1 had this wonderful feature where a programme starting at a future time could be selected and, in the context menu, instead of...
Ah, I'll elaborate: Suppose it is now 18h45 and at 19h00 the News starts. I want to watch cartoon channel in the mean time, but I...
Replies
Views
The reason is simply missing resources to realize everything. I think you are the first one who asks for it, so there seems no large demand. There are a lot of other topics, where many user request the same.
The reason is simply missing resources to realize everything. I think you are the first one who asks for it, so there seems no...
I like to switch over to MP2. But I would really miss the Clickfinder ProgramGuide. Is there something like this in MP2?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Music Videos on MP2 DE
I am also very interested in this and suspected this might be the case as I only yesterday tried MP2 for the first time. My Mediaportal 1 installation has been become a bit messed up so I am in process of re-installing windows and all over again, and thinking to install MP2 only. But what is the best way to watch music videos on my...
I am also very interested in this and suspected this might be the case as I only yesterday tried MP2 for the first time. My...
Hi Guys First of all, huge congratulations on getting MP2.1 out. Looks fantastic I've searched, but can't seem to locate an...
Replies
Views
You are quite right, im a numpty, & i found them. So, thank you Sah!
You are quite right, im a numpty, & i found them. So, thank you Sah!
Hello all, Many years ago i had a digibox, i think it was called. I used to be able to right click on a tv or radio programme &...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Font Sizes DE
It's not so much a matter of man power, changing font sizes and creating a new theme can be done in 5 minutes. But the default-large theme is not created by me and not good from my point of view. Mosts texts are cropped, because too large.The feasible font size depends on space and design as Tim also mentioned.
It's not so much a matter of man power, changing font sizes and creating a new theme can be done in 5 minutes. But the...
Maybe there is a way to do this with MP2, but I have a 36" TV and the font size for the recorded programs and movies in my library...
Replies
Views
Hi. I had this reported earlier already (during development of MP2.1 final). @henso is aware of this and he added some workarounds that makes things a little bit better but could not cure it completely. It looks as if this generally is a Windows thing, not a MP thing. The share watcher ist working after a fresh install properly as...
Hi. I had this reported earlier already (during development of MP2.1 final). @henso is aware of this and he added some...
I have all my media on a NAS unit (FreeNAS) but despite having the 'Share Watcher' option enabled MediaPortal doesn't pickup on...
Replies
Views
How about a Configuration-Assitent at the first start after a new installation. I think in a look an feel like the first start of a modern Smart-TV. A possible constellation: Choose your language (Preset to the systemlanguage) Choose your region (Default depending on the systemlanguage) Choose your Broadcastingmode...
How about a Configuration-Assitent at the first start after a new installation. I think in a look an feel like the first start of...
How about a Configuration-Assitent at the first start after a new installation. I think in a look an feel like the first start of...
Replies
Views
Technically a different problem, but practically the same thing, you have no warning if the buffering disk is full (or you have a wrong setting, say D:\Timeshift instead of E:\Timeshift, where D: is a CDrom ). That can lead to more than an headache even for no so newbie users
Technically a different problem, but practically the same thing, you have no warning if the buffering disk is full (or you have a...
Currently if you try to play a channel and there is no tuner available nothing happens. Perhaps a warning that no tuner is...
Replies
Views
I suppose the total length is also sent/known? So buffer a given percentage and measure how much time it takes and then re-adjust the buffer for continuous playback? Maybe give a warning "buffering will take x minutes for smooth playback". However, this seems like an other problem: increasing bandwidth requirements with ever...
I suppose the total length is also sent/known? So buffer a given percentage and measure how much time it takes and then re-adjust...
Hi. In an German thread an idea raises up that I think is not too bad. Wouldn't it be nice if the MP2 client will have some sort of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording Grid DE
Although it is not exactly this, we have now implemented the possibility to manually schedule recordings regardless of guide content.
Although it is not exactly this, we have now implemented the possibility to manually schedule recordings regardless of guide content.
Hi, I have only MP2 and it is great. Don't know anything about MP1. I wrote already about the grid but let me post this here too...
Replies
Views
When and where have we ignored your questions? Things that are important for you are not as important for others and vice versa. In other words, making one person happy will keep many others unhappy. If you've followed the development in the feature request section you may have noticed that many entries turned green. Yes, it is. We...
When and where have we ignored your questions? Things that are important for you are not as important for others and vice versa...
Hi, already reported in german forum. I've stored my mediafiles on two different servers with different credentials. So it is...
Replies
Views
It would be nice, when i can create own categories for mediafiles For example: Music (all music you can buy) Audiobooks (from audible or ripped from cd, like ALF or Harry Potter) Comedy (CD's from Comedians) Karaoke (music with no leadsinger)
It would be nice, when i can create own categories for mediafiles For example: Music (all music you can buy) Audiobooks (from...
It would be nice, when i can create own categories for mediafiles For example: Music (all music you can buy) Audiobooks (from...
Replies
Views
How about a Reader for pdf files integrated in MP2? Cheers/ Torbjörn
Replies
Views
1+ We should add the codecs used as well as the CPU load.
1+ We should add the codecs used as well as the CPU load.
Hi is it possible to enhance the statistic renderer screen with more informations like in MP1 or MPC-HC? A verry nice addition for...
Replies
Views
Thanks for clarifying that! I was thinking of some kind of workaround: I'm pretty sure I can get VLC player to stream ALL channels in a multiplex, so I could probably get those streams inside the IPTV part of the server. (I'm not sure if channel merging is possible with IPTV?) Also this would hog one of my tuners, but I think VLC can...
Thanks for clarifying that! I was thinking of some kind of workaround: I'm pretty sure I can get VLC player to stream ALL channels...
Basically I am wondering if MP2 can record the full .ts transport stream of DVB-C broadcasts... Case study: I have 2 hybrid...
Replies
Views
Hi. If you don't want to change the name or type of your videos the easiest way is to add (Kodi or MP1 compatible) .nfo files to them. MP2 supports .nfo for movies and series. With correct .nfo a video is imported 100% correct. There are many tools out there to batch- generate such nfo files. This means they are imported as videos...
Hi. If you don't want to change the name or type of your videos the easiest way is to add (Kodi or MP1 compatible) .nfo files to...
Given that MP is a Windows-only product, I was really hoping for MP to detect (and allow me to use) my existing SQL Server install...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Showtimes Plugin DE
It worked perfectly until google showtime stopped their service. The MP1 plugin should also not work anymore unless another service is used. If you have any details about a working MP1 plugin offering cinema information it might be added by time. But please feel also free to motivate plugin developer to work out things for MP2.
It worked perfectly until google showtime stopped their service. The MP1 plugin should also not work anymore unless another service...
I see there is Cinema but this MP2 plugin seems dead and doesnt work with current version There also needs to be some real effort...
Replies
Views
As this is not a bug but rather a missing feature, I am moving this thread to the Feature Request section.
As this is not a bug but rather a missing feature, I am moving this thread to the Feature Request section.
First of all I wish a happy new year to all, I have tested MP2.1 prerelease with WMC skin, for watching live TV and making...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
It would be nice if one can start MP2 with the same module. for example always TV first. There is already the parameter to start with the last channel in TV settings so it would be good if it we can configure that at the same place. One should be able to choose which module or last used module.
It would be nice if one can start MP2 with the same module. for example always TV first. There is already the parameter to start...
It would be nice if one can start MP2 with the same module. for example always TV first. There is already the parameter to start...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi Guys, I would like to request a feature which would allow the MP2 server to import externally hosted media files using FTP as discussed in this thread: Remote Media Source
Hi Guys, I would like to request a feature which would allow the MP2 server to import externally hosted media files using FTP as...
Hi Guys, I would like to request a feature which would allow the MP2 server to import externally hosted media files using FTP as...
Replies
Views
Hi, in this post Feature Requests I ask for an age-rating-logo in the details-frame in the epg-view. ge2301 wrote, that the TV model doesn´t offers the required parameters. Is it possible to extend the TV model regarding age-rating and genre? Then "our" skinner could use this to extend their skins? Thanx a lot.
Hi, in this post Feature Requests I ask for an age-rating-logo in the details-frame in the epg-view. ge2301 wrote, that the TV...
Hi, in this post Feature Requests I ask for an age-rating-logo in the details-frame in the epg-view. ge2301 wrote, that the TV...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom