HTPC-Cases / PSU / Cooling (4 Viewers)

Discussions about HTPC Cases, Power Supply Units and general system cooling
Look at Silverstone cases: http:\\SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration
Look at Silverstone cases: http:\\SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration
I'm looking for a low profile HTPC case that supports ATX, one 5.25" external bay (no flip down panel pls) and 2 or 3 riser slots...
Replies
Views
Already considered that but the divorce would be far more expensive than the cabinet... Anyone got a slightly more constructive suggession?
Already considered that but the divorce would be far more expensive than the cabinet... Anyone got a slightly more constructive...
Anyone got any good suggestions for a case I can use to fit my wifes lovely new media centre unit? I'm currently using an antec...
Replies
Views
I have M2A-VM inside a Silverstone SG01 Evo - not exactly a HTPC Case...but closer than most. I had to have a case that would be < 10.75" and it fit the bill nicely. With only 3 fans (2x8cm thermal controlled,1x12cm thermal ) running, it is quite. I can not hear it from 2.5m away and only hear the fans if I am using mouse to do...
I have M2A-VM inside a Silverstone SG01 Evo - not exactly a HTPC Case...but closer than most. I had to have a case that would be <...
Hi, I have a M2A-VM hdmi motherboard and a really crappy monster sized case. It's using most of the space under my tv so wanted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor. Quite honestly, and I think you'll find this is generally accepted, the VFD is a piece of s**t. I have now taken the VFD out of the equation and replaced it with a Microsoft IR/Remote. The V2 (Black) has an LCD instead of a VFD. I...
Hi, I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor. Quite honestly, and I think you'll...
Hi! I am going to build a HTPC from the ground of, and I am starting with the case. I am concidering the two mentioned in the...
Replies
Views
I have the DH101 and I'm pretty happy with it. It does what you want using the cybrdisplay plugin. The Imon Pad is not as good as for instance the FireDTV remote but you can use it (I ended up buying a logitech harmony remote).
I have the DH101 and I'm pretty happy with it. It does what you want using the cybrdisplay plugin. The Imon Pad is not as good as...
Hi I am deciding between two cases the Thermaltake DH101 (DH101 VF7001BNS) that has a LCD VFD or a SilverStone GD02-MT (GD02-MT)...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replay's But can also use my MCE + IR reciever on thouse cases and that de lcd/vfd is working?
Thanks for the replay's But can also use my MCE + IR reciever on thouse cases and that de lcd/vfd is working?
Hi I'm looking for a new HTPC case with a lcd screen. I have read on some post's that a lcd screen not alway's work with MP:S I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Case + Remote DE
Be careful with the LC20, I had over heating issues with this case, but I did have a big cpu and big GFX card inside the case, to handle 1080p media. I also found the LC20 IR receiver and the harmony remotes were slow to respond. In the end I dumped my LC20 and bought a bigger Silverstone case, and a MCE remote. Make sure you...
Be careful with the LC20, I had over heating issues with this case, but I did have a big cpu and big GFX card inside the case, to...
Hey there, Building a htpc, but i'm stuck on case + remote issues. For case im thinking the Silverstone LC20 or LC20m. The lc20m...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Short Case needed?! DE
Hi, just messured, truly 36cm. With then 4-5cm left behind the case, i have enough room fpr all the cables. sloty
Hi, just messured, truly 36cm. With then 4-5cm left behind the case, i have enough room fpr all the cables. sloty
Hi, im in need of a new, short case. Under 40cm at least. Right now i have found the origenae S14V that would go 39cm deep...
Replies
Views
Hey folks.. I currently use a standard mini-tower for my htpc in my living room... Its not a full htpc yet, since i dont have a tuner card.. However, for WAF, I am needing to install into a dedicated HTPC case that will fit into my plasma stand. It needs to fit a full ATX motherboard and longer video cards such as the 7800gt that I...
Hey folks.. I currently use a standard mini-tower for my htpc in my living room... Its not a full htpc yet, since i dont have a...
Hey folks.. I currently use a standard mini-tower for my htpc in my living room... Its not a full htpc yet, since i dont have a...
Replies
Views
The more I look at the Omaura that more I like them. I agree the T8 is an allround good size, however, I will be using a SkyStar 2 DVB-S card that will not fit in that case so I need the T11. Unfortunately, I am in Canada and cannot find a supplier for these cases. The closest supplier is Dell in the US, but they will not ship to...
The more I look at the Omaura that more I like them. I agree the T8 is an allround good size, however, I will be using a SkyStar 2...
I have been researching building my first HTPC for several months now and believe I have enough knowledge to start the build. The...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to buy a htpc case, I was looking at the Fusion Black 430w from Antec, but after reading reviews about it, the look of the LCD turned me off... Doesn't look very good compared to the one on the soundgraph website. Is there another case that could replace it that's about the same size and look... I would like a silent...
I'm looking to buy a htpc case, I was looking at the Fusion Black 430w from Antec, but after reading reviews about it, the look of...
I'm looking to buy a htpc case, I was looking at the Fusion Black 430w from Antec, but after reading reviews about it, the look of...
Replies
Views
yes. most of the dual cores would be enough to run media portal.
yes. most of the dual cores would be enough to run media portal.
Hi, I'm planning to build a HTPC with the Antec Fusion V2 case, because it seems seamless integrating with my receiver etc...
Replies
Views
I am running passive with an AMD X2 6000+ I also replaced the stock 120mm fans with Scythe versions. I only noticed a few degrees under load difference in testing without the fan on the heatsink. In all fairness, the fan isn't that loud anyway.
I am running passive with an AMD X2 6000+ I also replaced the stock 120mm fans with Scythe versions. I only noticed a few degrees...
Hi, Have just started a build on G-byte GA-MA69GM based HTPC in a Antec Fusion Case, first problem I have run into is the...
Replies
Views
antec v2 Im also looking at this case. (antec v2) im just worried that i wont be able to fit 2 hdd in it as well as a decent video card, sound card, mATX moboard. anyone out there got this case?
antec v2 Im also looking at this case. (antec v2) im just worried that i wont be able to fit 2 hdd in it as well as a decent video...
I have decided to start building a HTPC. I have limited room available for the case however, so my choses are somewhat limited. The...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ANTEC HTPC Case!!!! DE
I'm using a 8600gts in my case and it was really loud so I fitted the Zalman VNF100. It works really well in this case. it is extreemly quite now. you need the fans running in this case for it to cool though. there is no way to have all the components passive because you will get a build up of heat. the case airflow works really...
I'm using a 8600gts in my case and it was really loud so I fitted the Zalman VNF100. It works really well in this case. it is...
This looks like a stunner: Fits only MATX boards. Uses a standard PSU, which is housed in a dedicated compartment...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case DE
Hmm, I just got a V2, but I haven't tried it out yet. I know that the first drivers were junk but that things improved when Antec released new drivers. I'll be able to give u feedback in a couple of weeks... ;)
Hmm, I just got a V2, but I haven't tried it out yet. I know that the first drivers were junk but that things improved when Antec...
Hi guys, wanted to buy a Antec Fusion with Display and IR Sensor. But I read bad things about this case (Display & Sensor)...
Replies
Views
Peter, Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be ordering the case in the next week or so, and I'll take the fan change into account as well. I appreciate the info. This forum is great, lots of great info to sift through. Jeff
Peter, Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be ordering the case in the next week or so, and I'll take the fan change into...
Hi there, Which CPU heatsink would you recommend for use in an Antec Fusion or Antex NSK2400 case (both cases have identical...
Replies
Views
Hi lotti99, the Antec Fusion case is very quiet if you set the case fans to the lowest speed. Edit: I'm very pleased with this case, just keep in mind that it has some issues with the VFD and the volume knob.
Hi lotti99, the Antec Fusion case is very quiet if you set the case fans to the lowest speed. Edit: I'm very pleased with this...
Hi there, after testing mp a while in a much to noisy case i'm planing to assemble a new system. After reading much about...
Replies
Views
Great! Thanks loads for the quick reply.
Great! Thanks loads for the quick reply.
Hi, Anyone got any recommendations for a full size media centre case (I don't want to have to buy a microATX board? Also want a...
Replies
Views
Reckon I'll chance my arm and get it then. Thanks :D
Reckon I'll chance my arm and get it then. Thanks :D
I'm upgrading my case and psu to full ATX. I've found one of the following PSUs going cheap...
Replies
Views
Well, for me cases with a touch screen do make sense. Of course this must not be the only way to control the htpc. An additional remode (be it side kick or a PDA) is absolutely necessary. However, my future setup will be just a beamer and a HTPC-case with touch screen. I often just want to listen to one CD ripped to my harddisk...
Well, for me cases with a touch screen do make sense. Of course this must not be the only way to control the htpc. An...
Saw this while showing someone my existing case.....the world has become a different place all of a sudden...
Replies
Views
I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem to find the link to it now. The thread has the instructions for both remote and VDU as well as the key mapping file for Imon. Someone should be able to point you to the thread:)
I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem...
Hey guys, Some of the silverstone cases come with remotes and VFD's - which are purty and nice. Do you guys know if that...
Replies
Views
This is the whole "fans in serial or parallel" argument. I thought it was well agreed that in something like a PC case, there is bugger all resistance to airflow. Therefore there's no reason to have fans in series. If you were to blow air through the apature at the bottom, how much resistance would you actually feel. I'd guess...
This is the whole "fans in serial or parallel" argument. I thought it was well agreed that in something like a PC case, there is...
Ok, I'm nearly done now, and I'm feeling quite pleased. This is for my server, which runs the new TV server along with...
Replies
Views
I think the zalman product probably is better. :) Wierd that it's inside the case, where you can't get to it. I haven't decided on a system yet, I will probably go for a mobo with PWM fan control anyway, so I can then decide if I need a zalman fan thingo. thanks!
I think the zalman product probably is better. :) Wierd that it's inside the case, where you can't get to it. I haven't decided...
I thought I saw one... and that looked like a good solution. But I'll be damned if I can find it again! much props to...
Replies
Views
Seems to be a good enough solution but I would like to reserch a bit more. Thanks anyway!!
Seems to be a good enough solution but I would like to reserch a bit more. Thanks anyway!!
Hi everybody, for aesthetic reasons I am looking for a case with not only a IR receiver integrated (I have found several ones)...
Replies
Views
what is it about the Zalman that is incompatible with your motherboard? I just put one in my system if you need any measurements or anything (the AlCu version, not the all copper)
what is it about the Zalman that is incompatible with your motherboard? I just put one in my system if you need any measurements...
Well, still thinking about a HTPC, and i'm now thinking about the Ahanix MCE-302 case. First i need some advice about Power...
Replies
Views
Hello to all! I'm searchng for the best case to create my first HTPC... I don't like a too big case (with height > 14 CM) but it must have 2 DVD drive!!! (DVD player & DVD Burner) The only case i've found is this It has a vfd and IR Remote I want to know if it is compatible with Mediaportal or not... it's expansive and if...
Hello to all! I'm searchng for the best case to create my first HTPC... I don't like a too big case (with height > 14 CM) but...
Hello to all! I'm searchng for the best case to create my first HTPC... I don't like a too big case (with height > 14 CM) but...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case DE
Perhaps you should have a look on my HTPC project: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11137 I'am using a Coolermaster Cavalier 2 case. It should be at your price level. Regards, MyPVR
Perhaps you should have a look on my HTPC project: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11137 I'am using a...
Hello, I am searching for a HTPC case. Does anybody know a good case that isn't very expensive. It shouldn't cost more than...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New Case - LC20 DE
Thank you, this can be a solution, but I will buy MCE remote after the Hauppage TV-tuner (already with remote). In the meantime I have a old remote from Vision Plus....
Thank you, this can be a solution, but I will buy MCE remote after the Hauppage TV-tuner (already with remote). In the meantime I...
I'm thinking to buy a new HTPC, first point: new case ! I have the space to put (and I like!) the silverston LC20...
Replies
Views
Primary is tv at the moment. No HD tv yet. But that would be component. The 7" is on the secondary vga.
Primary is tv at the moment. No HD tv yet. But that would be component. The 7" is on the secondary vga.
Does anyone have any tips about using the origin (Or Silverstone case for that matter) that has the LCD display with MCE and MP? I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom