HTPC-Cases / PSU / Cooling (15 Viewers)

Discussions about HTPC Cases, Power Supply Units and general system cooling
Just received my H10 case, can highly recommend it. Sweeeeettttt. Pico power supply, SSD HD, Intel i3. No noise, looks great.
Just received my H10 case, can highly recommend it. Sweeeeettttt. Pico power supply, SSD HD, Intel i3. No noise, looks great.
PLEX has come out with some neat new HTPC chassis using itx mobos. Very compact (read: TINY) and no need or cpu or case fan. They...
Replies
Views
Some user (a good looking user mind you ;) ) posted a video to his 20TB HTPC-server. Post here If it's totally overkill for what you're after, then my apologies for cluttering your thread..
Some user (a good looking user mind you ;) ) posted a video to his 20TB HTPC-server. Post here If it's totally overkill for what...
Hello, i am looking for a HTPC-case which could handle more than the usual 1-2 hard discs. I don't care a lot about design -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 better tha zalman? DE
To my knowledge Zalman don't make any smaller cases. Check out Silverstone GD01MX or Antec Fusion Remote for a smaller case with an LCD. The smaller cases have limited (1 or 2) internal drive bay capacities. If you're looking for the smallest then ditch the LCD/VFD altogether and go for an ITX based case and system, and build a...
To my knowledge Zalman don't make any smaller cases. Check out Silverstone GD01MX or Antec Fusion Remote for a smaller case with an...
hi i was searching a beautiful case for my htpc... i like more zalman hd 503 but it is tooo big... any case similar but smallest?
Replies
Views
Hi i want to change my old case to a Thermaltake DH202 case. But wil the LCD/VDF screen work in Media Portal? I have now a simple L.I.S. MCE Model in my HTPC case, it worked great in MP.
Hi i want to change my old case to a Thermaltake DH202 case. But wil the LCD/VDF screen work in Media Portal? I have now a simple...
Hi i want to change my old case to a Thermaltake DH202 case. But wil the LCD/VDF screen work in Media Portal? I have now a simple...
Replies
Views
not if it breaks after, say, 8 months ;)
not if it breaks after, say, 8 months ;)
yesterday i was remotely organizing the music/video/tv series database of my htpc. after 3 hrs or something i checked the hard...
Replies
Views
Very cool HTPC case idea. YouTube - Dreamcast in Core2Duo 3GHz running PS2 [1/2] (wish i could understand what they are saying :( also the commercial is very weird lol) YouTube - Dreamcast in Core2Duo 3GHz running PS2 [2/2] DREAMCAST NEWS: PC modder crams Blu-ray media computer into DC's lovely white case : Tech Digest...
Very cool HTPC case idea. YouTube - Dreamcast in Core2Duo 3GHz running PS2 [1/2] (wish i could understand what they are saying...
Very cool HTPC case idea. YouTube - Dreamcast in Core2Duo 3GHz running PS2 [1/2] (wish i could understand what they are saying...
Replies
Views
Oh, that's just accidental after browsing the web :) I think I am at the point of buying the Case, Videocard and HDD. The remote and TV-card have to wait because i haven't decided wait to buy yet. I saw some treads about harmony remote's so maybe I will ask for info there. Greetings E
Oh, that's just accidental after browsing the web :) I think I am at the point of buying the Case, Videocard and HDD. The remote...
Hello al, I'm currently busy selection the hardware for my first real HTPC project. I have been playing with MP and other Media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silverstone LC20 DE
Well. All is good. The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the hauppage remote so, no more double commands every key press. Thanks to Kiwijunglist for the info that led me to solving this problem. Cheers Ventry
Well. All is good. The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the...
I bought this case for my HTPC last year and am pretty happy with it. Comes with Imon Remote and VDF (digital display on the front...
Replies
Views
Mmm ok, So it will be hard for me to make a decision... Thanks for the antec P-options but sadly the are to big for the tv-cabinet. (max 17cm high), The NSK can't house a full ATX motherboard. If I will go to Micro-atx then I will buy the GD05 from Silverstone. But that doesn't support ATX motherbord. So this is also no option...
Mmm ok, So it will be hard for me to make a decision... Thanks for the antec P-options but sadly the are to big for the...
Hello all, I finally have some money to buy a HTPC case + videocard and some Harddisks. I have some questions about the system I...
Replies
Views
with a nice case that just fits in the hole (antec micro fusion) , ikea bonde bench, there is the same problem, not a lot of room down the sides. however, ikea bonde bench is not too expensive and if you don't mind taking the saw to it as I did... you can mount a couple of uber-quiet Yate Loon 140mm fans in the back of the bench...
with a nice case that just fits in the hole (antec micro fusion) , ikea bonde bench, there is the same problem, not a lot of room...
The bench I am going to use for my HTPC is pretty narrow, leaving only 2-3 cm left on the side with a normal htpc case, but height...
Replies
Views
I have the remote working completely. There was nothing special to do: I updated iMon software, the first update was a downloadable zip file. I had to remove the iMon version delivered with Antec case first, then installed the newer version. iMon updated automatically (I set the updates on) to the newest version. Open iMon...
I have the remote working completely. There was nothing special to do: I updated iMon software, the first update was a...
1. Drive bays - fitting an extra 3.5" drive The specs state 2x 3.5" and 1x 5.25" bays. From the photos ive seen of the inside of...
Replies
Views
Bueller...Bueller?
Bueller...Bueller?
I've recently decided to upgrade from my standard case to a proper HTPC case. I have some criteria that needed to fulfilled...
Replies
Views
Nice :D
Nice :D
I have modded SilverStone Lascala LC03 case that i have for couple of years. After i replacesed my passif 7600GT for a 4770 card...
Replies
Views
That's good news ! :)
That's good news ! :)
Hey, I've got a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard and I'm thinking about buying a Scythe Ninja Mini. But I have to know...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silent Cooling DE
That's a nice setup. I have the same case with a Gigabyte EP35DSR motherboard, looks similar to yours. I am running a passive 8600GT and a dual core 2.8ghz cpu with a similar cooler. I have a 120mm ball bearing fan on the top of mine and didn't quite have enough clearance issues so had to relieve the case lid to allow the fan to...
That's a nice setup. I have the same case with a Gigabyte EP35DSR motherboard, looks similar to yours. I am running a passive...
We all know about the passive cases (Hush Technologies and MCUBED HFX) which are very expensive. However, if you have enought space...
Replies
Views
Anyone knows this case? Inter-Tech - Gehäuse, Netzteile und vieles mehr aus der Hardwarewelt I'm interested in HTPC 2008-V (around 140,00/150,0 €). Thanks for your feedback. mamachan
Anyone knows this case? Inter-Tech - Gehäuse, Netzteile und vieles mehr aus der Hardwarewelt I'm interested in HTPC 2008-V...
Anyone knows this case? Inter-Tech - Gehäuse, Netzteile und vieles mehr aus der Hardwarewelt I'm interested in HTPC 2008-V...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dust filtering DE
Yes, I realised that just as I clicked submit :rolleyes: It doesn't run hot at the moment, even with the fans running very slowly and it's only got a standard AMD OEM heatsink on the cpu (with a Noctua fan grafted on). With a bigger heatsink I reckon I'd _almost_ get away with turning the fans off completely, but the inside of the...
Yes, I realised that just as I clicked submit :rolleyes: It doesn't run hot at the moment, even with the fans running very slowly...
I expected this to have come up before, but I couldn't find anything by searching the forum, so here goes: My HTPC is in an...
Replies
Views
I have been relatively happy with my Cooler Master CM 280 (hard to find now). I am thinking about changing the fans I have in it (or at least under-volting them). The case is not for everyone. It is tall. Tall enough to have a 120mm exhaust fan located above the motherboard (not simply the side of the case like the Antec ones, though...
I have been relatively happy with my Cooler Master CM 280 (hard to find now). I am thinking about changing the fans I have in it...
Hello I've been following MP for a little while now, and have decided to build my first HTPC using MP. While I have the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case Advice DE
I built an HTPC on using the Thermaltake DH-101, MediaHD IR Display and remote with a dual Core CPU on an Asus P5N7A-VM(HDMI) motherboard. I installed the Hitatchi 1TB Sata Drive, with a separate 40GB Drive for the Operating System and a BlueRay-HD-DVD Burner. I find the Thermaltake case extremely well designed and the finish and...
I built an HTPC on using the Thermaltake DH-101, MediaHD IR Display and remote with a dual Core CPU on an Asus P5N7A-VM(HDMI)...
I am looking into building a HTPC I have decided on most of the components, but would like your opinions on what case to use...
Replies
Views
Does anyone here own a case from Pegasus? Pegasus Hometheater GmbH: Home I would really like to know if someone has experience with these cases?
Does anyone here own a case from Pegasus? Pegasus Hometheater GmbH: Home I would really like to know if someone has...
Does anyone here own a case from Pegasus? Pegasus Hometheater GmbH: Home I would really like to know if someone has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I haven't posted forever. Thought I'd logon and answer some questions. What specifically are you looking to know? To get the power supply in the machine I took a pair of tinning sheers to the PSU case and cut off the non-essentials of it. I left the part that contains the fans. The Audio Level of it was fine for me...
Hello, I haven't posted forever. Thought I'd logon and answer some questions. What specifically are you looking to know? To...
Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone was interested. I recently bought a LC11...
Replies
Views
Might be helpful for some of you... HTPC Cases With LCD Screens
Replies
Views
looks really hot :o and 109$ ... wow that sounds good!
looks really hot :o and 109$ ... wow that sounds good!
Someone knows where is possible to buy an nMEDIA HTPC 2000 case in Europe? NMEDIAPC.com - the leading Home Theater PC componenets...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all the suggestions. That GD02 is a nice looking case. In the end I went for a Silverstone LC04. It's a tiny bit smaller at 31 cm deep and only 11cm high, but it still takes a full size OD and had no trouble fitting all my components. Plus I got an amazing deal on the case and I saved more cash because the included PSU...
Thanks for all the suggestions. That GD02 is a nice looking case. In the end I went for a Silverstone LC04. It's a tiny bit...
I've been waffling on whether or not to buy a new case for my MediaPortal box. I'm going through a major rebuild right now...
Replies
Views
I've got an S14V and the fans are near silent. In total there are 5 fans running: 2 Origenae exhaust fans, Origenae HDD fan, the power supply fan, the CPU fan on a Ninja Mini, and frankly my blu-ray drive is louder than any of them.
I've got an S14V and the fans are near silent. In total there are 5 fans running: 2 Origenae exhaust fans, Origenae HDD fan, the...
Finally ready to pull the trigger on this but have a few questions. Does anyone have a the S14v case from OriginAE? I'm...
Replies
Views
Im thinking of treating my Box to some silent case fans, and am unsure between the Scythe and the Noctua (both are the same price here in AU). The Scythe is rated at 2500rpm and the Noctua at 1800 but I would probably run them at less. Anyone had any experience with either model? Thoughts/ideas on which would be best (quietest, best...
Im thinking of treating my Box to some silent case fans, and am unsure between the Scythe and the Noctua (both are the same price...
Im thinking of treating my Box to some silent case fans, and am unsure between the Scythe and the Noctua (both are the same price...
Replies
Views
I use the 7K09 in my bedroom, and while it is a bit cramped to work with, and one has to be careful about the length of the optical drive in relation to the CPU cooler, it has been a great case for me thus far. MB: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9400 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail RAM: A-DATA 4GB (2 x...
I use the 7K09 in my bedroom, and while it is a bit cramped to work with, and one has to be careful about the length of the optical...
Hi everbody, I consider to buy one of the following cases to setup a new HTPC: hec Compucase 7K09 / 7KJ9 / 7KJC (7K Series...
Replies
Views
scythe ninja mini fits just fine in mine, with 1,1.5cm headroom.. dunno if it supports am+ tho but now you have the height reference :)
scythe ninja mini fits just fine in mine, with 1,1.5cm headroom.. dunno if it supports am+ tho but now you have the height reference :)
Hallo, I want to buy the SilverStone Grandia GD01MX for my new HTPC. I want to use a AMD CPU. But I am not sure which (quite) CPU...
Replies
Views
Yeah that's the direction I wanted to go aswell, it would be something insipired by the Sony. But not round.
Yeah that's the direction I wanted to go aswell, it would be something insipired by the Sony. But not round.
There is a large variety of shapes and forms when it comes to HTPCs, but what sort of shape and size would you want for a HTPC in...
Replies
Views
Hallo, many thanks for the link! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Regards, Gerrit
Hallo, many thanks for the link! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Regards, Gerrit
Hallo, I am searching for a quite power supply for my HTPC configuration: Mainboard: MSI K9N Neo-F V2 or GA-MA78GM-S2H CPU...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom