HTPC-Cases / PSU / Cooling (4 Viewers)

Discussions about HTPC Cases, Power Supply Units and general system cooling
MP1 MP2 Silverstone case + remote (1 Viewer) DE
I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem to find the link to it now. The thread has the instructions for both remote and VDU as well as the key mapping file for Imon. Someone should be able to point you to the thread:)
I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem...
Hey guys, Some of the silverstone cases come with remotes and VFD's - which are purty and nice. Do you guys know if that...
Replies
Views
Cases without PSU bays but with loads of drive space and expansion slots are well into custom build territory. The closest you'll get off the self are the Fractal Array NAS or some of the Lian-Li cases, which have SFX or ATX PSU bays, but are tiny for what they hold. I use a Fractal Array NAS2 for my TV server - the most TARDIS-like...
Cases without PSU bays but with loads of drive space and expansion slots are well into custom build territory. The closest you'll...
Hi, I have mini-itx motherboard that has external power. Now I'm looking for case that do not have place for power, but would...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case Advice DE
I built an HTPC on using the Thermaltake DH-101, MediaHD IR Display and remote with a dual Core CPU on an Asus P5N7A-VM(HDMI) motherboard. I installed the Hitatchi 1TB Sata Drive, with a separate 40GB Drive for the Operating System and a BlueRay-HD-DVD Burner. I find the Thermaltake case extremely well designed and the finish and...
I built an HTPC on using the Thermaltake DH-101, MediaHD IR Display and remote with a dual Core CPU on an Asus P5N7A-VM(HDMI)...
I am looking into building a HTPC I have decided on most of the components, but would like your opinions on what case to use...
Replies
Views
LC10M owner I have just got a LC10m and it rocks the remote is a little weak to be fair but the case is awsome. The VFD is greate and with the plugin works really well in MediaPortal. That said I have ha dmine for 3 weeks and I still have a burning desire to get the Logitech Harmony 680 remote - it just looks so good. I also have a...
LC10M owner I have just got a LC10m and it rocks the remote is a little weak to be fair but the case is awsome. The VFD is greate...
Hi to everybody For my HTPC I have seen the cases Silverstone LC10 and LC10M I set the following problem: - LC10 (base...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silent Cooling DE
That's a nice setup. I have the same case with a Gigabyte EP35DSR motherboard, looks similar to yours. I am running a passive 8600GT and a dual core 2.8ghz cpu with a similar cooler. I have a 120mm ball bearing fan on the top of mine and didn't quite have enough clearance issues so had to relieve the case lid to allow the fan to...
That's a nice setup. I have the same case with a Gigabyte EP35DSR motherboard, looks similar to yours. I am running a passive...
We all know about the passive cases (Hush Technologies and MCUBED HFX) which are very expensive. However, if you have enought space...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Budget case DE
Thanks for that. Im not a tight arse, just not as flush to fork out for a £500 bare bones case with lcd :D Keep them coming :)
Thanks for that. Im not a tight arse, just not as flush to fork out for a £500 bare bones case with lcd :D Keep them coming :)
Hi Im looking for a case for a new project. My criteria, cheap, good looking and quiet. Lets set the budget at £120. Must be...
Replies
Views
You can also hack/mod a case by drilling a small hole and placing an MCE IR receiver behind it.
You can also hack/mod a case by drilling a small hole and placing an MCE IR receiver behind it.
I am looking for a HTPC case with built in MCE Remote, not using iMon software (I had thought the Sliverstone lc16B-mr was good but...
Replies
Views
Already considered that but the divorce would be far more expensive than the cabinet... Anyone got a slightly more constructive suggession?
Already considered that but the divorce would be far more expensive than the cabinet... Anyone got a slightly more constructive...
Anyone got any good suggestions for a case I can use to fit my wifes lovely new media centre unit? I'm currently using an antec...
Replies
Views
I've got an S14V and the fans are near silent. In total there are 5 fans running: 2 Origenae exhaust fans, Origenae HDD fan, the power supply fan, the CPU fan on a Ninja Mini, and frankly my blu-ray drive is louder than any of them.
I've got an S14V and the fans are near silent. In total there are 5 fans running: 2 Origenae exhaust fans, Origenae HDD fan, the...
Finally ready to pull the trigger on this but have a few questions. Does anyone have a the S14v case from OriginAE? I'm...
Replies
Views
antec v2 Im also looking at this case. (antec v2) im just worried that i wont be able to fit 2 hdd in it as well as a decent video card, sound card, mATX moboard. anyone out there got this case?
antec v2 Im also looking at this case. (antec v2) im just worried that i wont be able to fit 2 hdd in it as well as a decent video...
I have decided to start building a HTPC. I have limited room available for the case however, so my choses are somewhat limited. The...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the tip... I noticed a bit of debris in one of the PSU case screws, so I loosened it and tightened the screw down... now all I hear (with the PC cover off) is the faint whirl of the fans.
Thanks for the tip... I noticed a bit of debris in one of the PSU case screws, so I loosened it and tightened the screw down... now...
I had to do a quick replacement of the PSU in my main HTPC. I installed a 430w Antec with a 120 mm fan to replace a Thermaltake...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case < 16" DE
I have an MSI MEGA 865...i find it very reliable and small enuf to sit under my TV on a small TV stand here are the latest releases from MSI : MSI MEGA 865 Pro MPC 915 now MSI gimme a new system....lol ;)
I have an MSI MEGA 865...i find it very reliable and small enuf to sit under my TV on a small TV stand here are the latest...
Hello friends, I have a HTPC Devine case, but it is too long (about 18") to fit in my new entertainment center (dont ask). My...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New Case - LC20 DE
Thank you, this can be a solution, but I will buy MCE remote after the Hauppage TV-tuner (already with remote). In the meantime I have a old remote from Vision Plus....
Thank you, this can be a solution, but I will buy MCE remote after the Hauppage TV-tuner (already with remote). In the meantime I...
I'm thinking to buy a new HTPC, first point: new case ! I have the space to put (and I like!) the silverston LC20...
Replies
Views
Reckon I'll chance my arm and get it then. Thanks :D
Reckon I'll chance my arm and get it then. Thanks :D
I'm upgrading my case and psu to full ATX. I've found one of the following PSUs going cheap...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zalman HD503 Case DE
I was able to get a phone number for Zalman and was able to talk to a person that admitted they are having issues with their forums not giving out confirmation emails. He also expidited my RMA and I should have the part any day. If this doesn't work I will just RMA it through Newegg.
I was able to get a phone number for Zalman and was able to talk to a person that admitted they are having issues with their forums...
A few days ago I recieved my Zalman case from Newegg. I just happend to notice that they dropped the price from $265 to $150...
Replies
Views
Nice :D
Nice :D
I have modded SilverStone Lascala LC03 case that i have for couple of years. After i replacesed my passif 7600GT for a 4770 card...
Replies
Views
not if it breaks after, say, 8 months ;)
not if it breaks after, say, 8 months ;)
yesterday i was remotely organizing the music/video/tv series database of my htpc. after 3 hrs or something i checked the hard...
Replies
Views
PHT is the only place I've seen these. I guess inquire there... https://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/contactus.sc
PHT is the only place I've seen these. I guess inquire there... https://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/contactus.sc
Cylinder fanless chassis: Bookshelf fanless chassis: 160 x 250 x 250mm USB Ports: 2*USB3.0 and window for IR. Optical Drive...
Replies
Views
Bueller...Bueller?
Bueller...Bueller?
I've recently decided to upgrade from my standard case to a proper HTPC case. I have some criteria that needed to fulfilled...
Replies
Views
there's a couple here I found with google
there's a couple here I found with google
Hi guys.. I looked every where and I can not find any one that stocks a 80plus microatx psu..
Replies
Views
Man... you weren't kidding about the connection being slow...
Man... you weren't kidding about the connection being slow...
I saw on slashdot an article (http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/01/137202&from=rss) on the Optimus mini three key...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case Review DE
Thanx for this tip. Very interresting reading :D
Thanx for this tip. Very interresting reading :D
Tom's Hardware Guide has come out with their first review of HTPC cases.. Interesting read...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor. Quite honestly, and I think you'll find this is generally accepted, the VFD is a piece of s**t. I have now taken the VFD out of the equation and replaced it with a Microsoft IR/Remote. The V2 (Black) has an LCD instead of a VFD. I...
Hi, I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor. Quite honestly, and I think you'll...
Hi! I am going to build a HTPC from the ground of, and I am starting with the case. I am concidering the two mentioned in the...
Replies
Views
scythe ninja mini fits just fine in mine, with 1,1.5cm headroom.. dunno if it supports am+ tho but now you have the height reference :)
scythe ninja mini fits just fine in mine, with 1,1.5cm headroom.. dunno if it supports am+ tho but now you have the height reference :)
Hallo, I want to buy the SilverStone Grandia GD01MX for my new HTPC. I want to use a AMD CPU. But I am not sure which (quite) CPU...
Replies
Views
I use the 7K09 in my bedroom, and while it is a bit cramped to work with, and one has to be careful about the length of the optical drive in relation to the CPU cooler, it has been a great case for me thus far. MB: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9400 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail RAM: A-DATA 4GB (2 x...
I use the 7K09 in my bedroom, and while it is a bit cramped to work with, and one has to be careful about the length of the optical...
Hi everbody, I consider to buy one of the following cases to setup a new HTPC: hec Compucase 7K09 / 7KJ9 / 7KJC (7K Series...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Case + Remote DE
Be careful with the LC20, I had over heating issues with this case, but I did have a big cpu and big GFX card inside the case, to handle 1080p media. I also found the LC20 IR receiver and the harmony remotes were slow to respond. In the end I dumped my LC20 and bought a bigger Silverstone case, and a MCE remote. Make sure you...
Be careful with the LC20, I had over heating issues with this case, but I did have a big cpu and big GFX card inside the case, to...
Hey there, Building a htpc, but i'm stuck on case + remote issues. For case im thinking the Silverstone LC20 or LC20m. The lc20m...
Replies
Views
I love the Silverstone cases. The main reason is becasue they have solved the problem with having a case that is too deep and either doesn't fit on an AV rack or under a TV. I am using the GD06 at the moment and it is only 34cm deep...
I love the Silverstone cases. The main reason is becasue they have solved the problem with having a case that is too deep and...
Hi all, I'm liking the look of the nMEDIA HTPC 6000B... Can't seem to find it anywhere for sale in Australia but is available on...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case DE
Hmm, I just got a V2, but I haven't tried it out yet. I know that the first drivers were junk but that things improved when Antec released new drivers. I'll be able to give u feedback in a couple of weeks... ;)
Hmm, I just got a V2, but I haven't tried it out yet. I know that the first drivers were junk but that things improved when Antec...
Hi guys, wanted to buy a Antec Fusion with Display and IR Sensor. But I read bad things about this case (Display & Sensor)...
Replies
Views
http://www.cclonline.com/product/26120/KMACE5-25BL/Advanced-Air-Cooling/Scythe-Kaze-Master-Ace-Black-5-25inch-Fan-Controller/CAS9064/ One of a range from Kaze, multiple suppliers UK may fit your need. TTFN
http://www.cclonline.com/product/26120/KMACE5-25BL/Advanced-Air-Cooling/Scythe-Kaze-Master-Ace-Black-5-25inch-Fan-Controller/CAS9064...
Hello, I am trying to quieten my server down at the moment - the temperatures inside are really cool, so I don't need my case...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 better tha zalman? (1 Viewer) DE
To my knowledge Zalman don't make any smaller cases. Check out Silverstone GD01MX or Antec Fusion Remote for a smaller case with an LCD. The smaller cases have limited (1 or 2) internal drive bay capacities. If you're looking for the smallest then ditch the LCD/VFD altogether and go for an ITX based case and system, and build a...
To my knowledge Zalman don't make any smaller cases. Check out Silverstone GD01MX or Antec Fusion Remote for a smaller case with an...
hi i was searching a beautiful case for my htpc... i like more zalman hd 503 but it is tooo big... any case similar but smallest?
Replies
Views
Top Bottom