Installation, configuration support (52 Viewers)

Having trouble installing or configuring MediaPortal?
I've run upgrades & downgrades to and from MP 0.1.3/.NET 1.1 and MP 0.2/.NET 2.0 and have never encountered any error. MP installs everything into the C:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal folder, so if you delete that it's all gone, there's little - if anything in the registry. The error code returned is a windows...
I've run upgrades & downgrades to and from MP 0.1.3/.NET 1.1 and MP 0.2/.NET 2.0 and have never encountered any error. MP...
Hi, I face big problems when trying to uninstall but especially re-install MP. This occurs with both 0.13 as well as 0.20 - When...
Replies
Views
0.2.0 is the development version. 0.1.3 is no longer developed, the technology wihin it was fairly stable, but the software base for some of the components was out of date with no way of correcting it without re-writing it from scratch. Hence 0.1.3 was left as stable as it could be and a new version was started to be...
0.2.0 is the development version. 0.1.3 is no longer developed, the technology wihin it was fairly stable, but the software...
is there any meaning to update to 0.2. RC1 is there a big diferens? If i decide to update, is there any way for me to retain my...
Replies
Views
You can download the newest version of the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml directly from cvs here: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mediaportal/mediaportal/xbmc/bin/Release/ Just click on the file and select download in the next window.
You can download the newest version of the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml directly from cvs here...
Where do I download CaptureCardDefinitions.zip from? The link on the web page is broken. Thanks
Replies
Views
Here's what you do: 1. Backup up your TV settings if you need to in the Configuration program (Television->TV Channels then click the Backup button and save the file somewhere safe like My Documents). 2. Make a backup copy of the MediaPortal directory (should be c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) - i.e. just copy that...
Here's what you do: 1. Backup up your TV settings if you need to in the Configuration program (Television->TV Channels then...
Hi i now use mp 0.1.3 and planing to install mp 0.2.0 just to be able to use the amazing x-mas skin, now i would like to know if...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was having similar problems too. Searching for answer in forum found your post. I found if I ran Mediaportal first time as administrator the first run wizard would run without the exceptions your experiencing. Then Media portal will run under power user group which is my everday account group. Maybe this info will help. :lol...
Hi, I was having similar problems too. Searching for answer in forum found your post. I found if I ran Mediaportal first time as...
A tale of woe. Running the installation wizard for music always ends with the same message in the title. If I hit continue the...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Memory: 511 MB Motherboard...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No signal detected DE
I have installed the latest CVS dated 27/11. I had the same issue before applying it. I can get a graph working OK with the Twinhan bdadvbt-CI utility though which proves the drivers are at least ok. It would be good to know of any other users running teh Twinhan DVB-T as to what their configuration may be for a point of...
I have installed the latest CVS dated 27/11. I had the same issue before applying it. I can get a graph working OK with the...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-11-27) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
they have different frequencies and each one has it's own setting. The analog frequency page is totally independant of the DVB-T page. Each card only reads the page that is appropriate for it's type.
they have different frequencies and each one has it's own setting. The analog frequency page is totally independant of the DVB-T...
Sorry if this is obvious but I can't work it out. I 've got a dvb-t card and a pvr 150. If possible I'd like to assign the...
Replies
Views
I cant get Media Portal to function with the Adaptec videOh! USB capture device. When selecting this device I get an "Unable to create graph" message. I have uninstalled WinDVR (which worked OK for recording with the Adaptec capture device) Any suggestions? Information: Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version...
I cant get Media Portal to function with the Adaptec videOh! USB capture device. When selecting this device I get an "Unable to...
I cant get Media Portal to function with the Adaptec videOh! USB capture device. When selecting this device I get an "Unable to...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: GPL MPEG-1/2 Decoder CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.40GHz Memory: 511 MB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 2.0 download issue? DE
I can't seem to download a vaild 2.0 zip file. "The Compressed (Zipped) Folder is invalid or Corrupted" The 1.3 file works fine... Am i missing something?
I can't seem to download a vaild 2.0 zip file. "The Compressed (Zipped) Folder is invalid or Corrupted" The 1.3 file works...
I can't seem to download a vaild 2.0 zip file. "The Compressed (Zipped) Folder is invalid or Corrupted" The 1.3 file works...
Replies
Views
MS .NET Framework 2.0 but first you need windows installer 3.0... no wait, you need service pack 3 to install that...
MS .NET Framework 2.0 but first you need windows installer 3.0... no wait, you need service pack 3 to install that...
I'm not using the install template for this issue because it's not hardware specific. I'm trying to do a fresh install of...
Replies
Views
sorry wasn't sure whether this was a installation issue or hardware issue. it works using media center software but i like this program more because it works with my remote properly. Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322...
sorry wasn't sure whether this was a installation issue or hardware issue. it works using media center software but i like this...
sorry wasn't sure whether this was a installation issue or hardware issue. it works using media center software but i like this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Not really, if you use the right MPEG2 software decoder and you're using a video card with the same quality output as the PVR-350 has. So it depends on your hardware/software setup. Regards, Michel
Hi, Not really, if you use the right MPEG2 software decoder and you're using a video card with the same quality output as the...
How do I set MP to use the 350 tv out? Anyone try this before? Thanks
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Optimised setup DE
Well Filip, On your setup it problebly doesn't matter but I have to sqeez out every possible bit of speed out of my system: duron 1200 with 512Mb But I think I've managed to do that. Most of that info is availlable on the internet. Just general tweaking youre pc for best performance.
Well Filip, On your setup it problebly doesn't matter but I have to sqeez out every possible bit of speed out of my system...
Has anyone given any thought to creating a guide to optimising a system to ensure the best possible performance of MP? I ask...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Windows 2000 DE
Hi, W2K is not a supported OS, so many problems could occur. Search gave me easily many links: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2348&highlight=windows+2000 http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=681...
Hi, W2K is not a supported OS, so many problems could occur. Search gave me easily many links...
Can someone tell me how i could install MediaPortal on windows 2000? I read somewhere you need to install some things, not sure...
Replies
Views
Is there anywhere in the wiki or somewhere else that we can share setups in an organised manner? I have spent considerable time to get my VFD screen, iMon PAD remote, DVB-T card, analog tv/radio-tuner, EPG etc to work properly. I think that many users can`t or won`t or shouldn`t have to spend that much effort. Perhaps there is a...
Is there anywhere in the wiki or somewhere else that we can share setups in an organised manner? I have spent considerable time...
Is there anywhere in the wiki or somewhere else that we can share setups in an organised manner? I have spent considerable time...
Replies
Views
That means the PC is blue screening and its set to auto reboot after BSOD. Turn of auto rebooting and find out what the error is, but Im guessing probably a driver to do with the tv card.
That means the PC is blue screening and its set to auto reboot after BSOD. Turn of auto rebooting and find out what the error is...
Hi All I have built my own HTPC for the purpose of watching TV, recording and hear music. I have now been playing around...
Replies
Views
Go, grab the sources and start coding to support the SS1 maybe you'll get happy again then... ;-) Maschine
Go, grab the sources and start coding to support the SS1 maybe you'll get happy again then... ;-) Maschine
Why??? Best off DVB-S card and famous sofware (MP). Why?????? It is misery, I`m unhappy. :cry: DTJ
Replies
Views
JUST installed and am starting to play and as I'm looking for more TV/Video then anything else, I am centering on the TV module...
Replies
Views
If the setup program says that then yes you do need it. Why you would unistall it I dont know, when its not the default web browser, its never used anyway. Except of course windows update which cannot be run from anything but IE.
If the setup program says that then yes you do need it. Why you would unistall it I dont know, when its not the default web...
I am starting to setup Media Portal . Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 fails to install with a message box "Microsoft.NET Framework...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
I would like to try MediaPortal but would like to know before I try, has anyone gotten it to work with a Hauppauge PVR150? My...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Install Question DE
Moving the msi file to my c: drive did the trick...thanks!
Moving the msi file to my c: drive did the trick...thanks!
Hello I was wondering if I can install MP on a p3-800? I know this is lower than the reqs but... Also, I did try to install...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 please help DE
Please complete the Support Template and post your MediaPortal.log file. This will help others to get a better idea of what might be causing your installation problem.... :)
Please complete the Support Template and post your MediaPortal.log file. This will help others to get a better idea of what...
application has generated an exception that not be handleed. then i click CANCEL other error message ( Registered JIT debugger is...
Replies
Views
Hello and welcome to the forum. Could you please fill in the support template: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2766 So we can get some background information on your configuration. And maybe put a few enters here and there when you type such a long story :D It makes reading a lot easier.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Could you please fill in the support template...
First of all, hello everybody! Some background, I live in Sweden and by the end of Mars 2006 there will be no more analogue...
Replies
Views
The HIP developer is aware of the problem. Last I heard, he was trying to get information from KWorld (the manufacturer) as to what had changed. From my understanding, even if the HIP sourcecode were available it wouldn't help, as info. is needed from Kworld (I could be completely wrong about this though). To be honest, I...
The HIP developer is aware of the problem. Last I heard, he was trying to get information from KWorld (the manufacturer) as to...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.3.1 Skin: projext x Windows Version: windows xp sp2 CPU Type: athlon xp2000+ Memory...
Replies
Views
I found other discussions on this topic. I installed version 0.2.0 and the latest CVS and it all works fine now. It is also more responsive, and uses less processor load. I wouldn't usually install anything other than an official release - but this seemed to be the only way to solve the problem. I recommend this to anyone else...
I found other discussions on this topic. I installed version 0.2.0 and the latest CVS and it all works fine now. It is also more...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.3.1 Skin: projext x Windows Version: windows xp sp2 CPU Type: athlon xp2000+ Memory...
Replies
Views
Have a look at this thread http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10286 Until last night I had exactly the same problem with the Fusion Lite card.
Have a look at this thread http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10286 Until last night I had...
Just got the HDTV5 Gold Plus last week. Dvico software works fine (can't get to timeshift, but that's the least of my worries...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
MP1 MP2 DVD Problem DE
Are you not getting audio or video both? I use onboard ATI video card 9100 pro, with audio,video and navigator settings for intervideo and for audio renderer I am using Envy 24 driver (for chaintech 7.1 card) with SPDIF output. All works fine with VMR9 Renderless or Overlay. I ran in to issue where I forgot to choose Envy 24 and...
Are you not getting audio or video both? I use onboard ATI video card 9100 pro, with audio,video and navigator settings for...
hi, i have a question about DVD playback... what are the best settings? -VMR or Overlay -Which Audio Decoder and video...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Use this template or your post might be deleted without a warning! Zyphrax created a very nice tool to gather all needed information and prepare the template. You can download it here Please copy and paste this template into your new support request for faster response. Pay special attention to the synopsis field, and be...
Use this template or your post might be deleted without a warning! Zyphrax created a very nice tool to gather all needed...
Use this template or your post might be deleted without a warning! Zyphrax created a very nice tool to gather all needed...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom