Installation, configuration support (47 Viewers)

Having trouble installing or configuring MediaPortal?
L
MP1 MP2 No Autotune period DE
If you want some help to get autotune to work correctly, then please read the first topic in this forum, and then post your fully completed Support Template and the required log files - that should give us some clues as to what the issue might be... :)
If you want some help to get autotune to work correctly, then please read the first topic in this forum, and then post your fully...
Well the install (version 0.1.3.0) went fine apparently but when I follow the setup wizard and get to the manual tv scan nothing...
Replies
Views
Pleased to hear it.... :D If you post your full details in the Support Template (see my earlier post) then I am sure we can suggest some changes you can make to fix these issues, too...
Pleased to hear it.... :D If you post your full details in the Support Template (see my earlier post) then I am sure we can suggest...
I'm trying to setup MediaPortal on my XP machine. I still couldn't figure out how to scan the channels. When I tried Auto Tune it...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is the reason: Via/s3g Unichrome Igp (64 MB) Very bad onBoard graphics solution. Does not support VMR9 properly. Only Overlay works more or less with this chip. But overlay support was taken out of MP in the latest CVS. You should consider to buy a DX9 capeable card. I did use a VIA Epia-M quite some time, but did...
Hi, this is the reason: Via/s3g Unichrome Igp (64 MB) Very bad onBoard graphics solution. Does not support VMR9 properly...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-31) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Hi, no nothing to worry. The support application is a totally separate developed piece of software. Has not much common with MP. It only reads some xmls, but has quite different routines... Flip.
Hi, no nothing to worry. The support application is a totally separate developed piece of software. Has not much common with MP...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-19) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Spec advice DE
Hi womble, you will get the biggest problems with the onBoard graphics. Those S3 UniChrome from VIA are sh***. ;) Flip
Hi womble, you will get the biggest problems with the onBoard graphics. Those S3 UniChrome from VIA are sh***. ;) Flip
Hi Just need people opinion on whether this spec would work. Mini-itx 5000 80GB hdd 512ram PVR-150 All I want to be...
Replies
Views
How can I change this?
How can I change this?
When Mediaportal starts theGUI don't appears. I have only a piece of desktop in the window. I have tried various Skin but it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Long Term Query DE
Dude, I got some "full stops" and line breaks to sell. If you like some, let me know. Regarding MPTRAY, the author didn't want it to be in CVS, that's why.
Dude, I got some "full stops" and line breaks to sell. If you like some, let me know. Regarding MPTRAY, the author didn't want...
Hi Have been using MP for 8 months now and love it too bits but i have some installation queries that keep popping up in both 1.3...
Replies
Views
Overlay has been removed from newer versions so the official 0200 release wont use it. So 0200RC2 and older will still work. Its an old renderer and only causes problems with the MP beginners (beyond that reasoning I dont know exactly why it was removed).
Overlay has been removed from newer versions so the official 0200 release wont use it. So 0200RC2 and older will still work...
Hi all, Well I'm starting to feel a little stupid and also so out of my confort zone trying to setup a Media PC, You see I'm a...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP - SP2 .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0903 (9.0c) Audio Codec: ffdShow Audio Decoder Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder CPU Type: amd 3.3+ Memory: 512 Motherboard: asus k8v-x TV Card Model...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP - SP2 .NET CLR...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP - SP2 .NET CLR...
Replies
Views
sorry - I didn't notice you had a digital tuner :oops: HDTV.... :lol:
sorry - I didn't notice you had a digital tuner :oops: HDTV.... :lol:
Area: Setting up the Television module / mapping channels and frequencies MP Version: MediaPortal 0.2 RC2 Skin: default...
Replies
Views
You got two choices. Either you install the Mozilla ActiveX Control (goggle it) or get a later CVS version, that's fixed there. The control is needed, if you wanna use MP's internal web browser. Next time use this, please: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6439
You got two choices. Either you install the Mozilla ActiveX Control (goggle it) or get a later CVS version, that's fixed there...
Hi, this is my problem: I istalled mediaportal after framework 2.0. I done the setup where all seems Ok. When I start...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Exclusive directX DE
I believe it means that the application runs in fullscreen mode and no other programs are allowed access to the video hardware (hence exclusive). You can do a simple Google search to find information like this if you want to read further (I believe exclusive directx mode also exclusively gets events/messages). I think the advantage...
I believe it means that the application runs in fullscreen mode and no other programs are allowed access to the video hardware...
Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-08) MediaPortal Skin: RealMP Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Problem solved..... Déinstalled mediaportal ( Removed folders ). Reinstalled mediaportal..... Driverclean tt1500 budget. Reinstall tt1500 bda drivers. That's it. Now i found all fta channels on the astra 19.2 east europe. Now i hope that the common interface will work soon in mediaportal. Greetings en thanx for...
Problem solved..... Déinstalled mediaportal ( Removed folders ). Reinstalled mediaportal..... Driverclean tt1500 budget...
Hello all. Sorry for bad english. I have installed the last version of mediaportal. This went all well. I use the dvb-s...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: - Video Codec: - CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.40GHz Memory: 1 GB Motherboard: 0RD203 (Dell Inc.) TV Card Model...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
yep, that is the card that is most recommended for analog tv. As for the latest versions, a lot of people are happy with earlier versions, but newer versions have a lot more features and more bug fixes so I am always trialling the latest. Just remember that the software is a long way from a final release so don't expect miracles...
yep, that is the card that is most recommended for analog tv. As for the latest versions, a lot of people are happy with earlier...
I just bought this program off of ebay which i now found that could be downloaded. Well i installed it and im having a problems...
Replies
Views
Providing you actually get it running, performance will be a shocker as that video card cant do DX8 or DX9 (not even sure about DX7 for that matter) so the cpu will be put under lots of load. And the CPU is no there near the required level so if it could even playback a video (heck remain in the homescreen without 100% load) Id be...
Providing you actually get it running, performance will be a shocker as that video card cant do DX8 or DX9 (not even sure about DX7...
Hi there! I hope you are able to help me. Because this is freaking me out. :shock: I can't get MediaPortal to run, because it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 First start problem DE
If you've still got nLite installed run through the process again and look at what you've stripped out, there may be some clues there.
If you've still got nLite installed run through the process again and look at what you've stripped out, there may be some clues there.
Area: Media portal MP Version: 02 RC2 (also 02 RC1) Skin: - Windows Version: Win XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+...
Replies
Views
i'm using the latest 2.4 drivers from haupage if thats what you mean?
i'm using the latest 2.4 drivers from haupage if thats what you mean?
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-19) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium M 2.00GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-19) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
it's a 300GB last time I was testing I had over 260GB free I could try re-partitioning and putting the temp folder on the 2nd partition...not sure if that would help or not Tom
it's a 300GB last time I was testing I had over 260GB free I could try re-partitioning and putting the temp folder on the 2nd...
Here's my problem I have .2rc2 a hauppauge pvr500 I was able to use xmltv to import the tv guide and channels. Whenever I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply. It would seem the channels I did pick up were the wrong frequencies as per the thread you mention. I added the workaround you posted to my dvbt.xml file, removed the channels I picked up earlier and did another autotune (using "Australia - Melbourne") from the selection box (cf before using Australia - All...
Thanks for the reply. It would seem the channels I did pick up were the wrong frequencies as per the thread you mention. I...
Hi, today I purchased a TwinhanDTV MagicBox USB II and installed the drivers (bda etc) and software thate came with it and set it...
Replies
Views
problem resolved with latest CVS build (1-18-06)
problem resolved with latest CVS build (1-18-06)
The Preface:I have been trying to get MyTV to work since I've gotten Media Portal over the summer. I've been tinkering with the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 GUI gone bad DE
Great - good news possibly for others with S3 adapters ;-)
Great - good news possibly for others with S3 adapters ;-)
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hope you guys can help me: No audio from from dvds in dvd-tray, however stereocds plays perfectly. Problem started after reinstall of both winxp and MP. It worked on my previously installation. DVDs plays fine with audio through mediaplayer??? b]Area[/b]: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1...
Hi. Hope you guys can help me: No audio from from dvds in dvd-tray, however stereocds plays perfectly. Problem started after...
Hi. Hope you guys can help me: No audio from from dvds in dvd-tray, however stereocds plays perfectly. Problem started after...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Setup Help DE
Thanks again. After MANY tires, I got the time thing fixed. Now I have one more question for now. How can I get MP to auto update the TVguide?
Thanks again. After MANY tires, I got the time thing fixed. Now I have one more question for now. How can I get MP to auto update...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: the version you use Skin:MCE Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: Intel P4 2.2GHz...
Replies
Views
Support for software encoded cards was removed. Unfortunately the WinTV Go is softare based. Consider buying a PVR 150/250/500 to use with MP. Read more here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12235
Support for software encoded cards was removed. Unfortunately the WinTV Go is softare based. Consider buying a PVR 150/250/500 to...
i cannot get my card in the portal, what am I doing wrong? Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2...
Replies
Views
Software card support was removed so while older versions may work, after 0200RC2 it wont.
Software card support was removed so while older versions may work, after 0200RC2 it wont.
I've installed RC2 and .net 2 installed the drivers for my Jetway TV card .......... but now it seems that media portal is stuck...
Replies
Views
Hi, Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.30GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Hi, Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows...
Hi, Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows...
Replies
Views
Take back the PVR150 and go for the PVR500 or you'll regret it later. ;) I've got the 500 and and extremely glad I got it.
Take back the PVR150 and go for the PVR500 or you'll regret it later. ;) I've got the 500 and and extremely glad I got it.
MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Windows Version: XP Pro SP 2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.2 GHz Memory: 1 GB Video Card: Nvidia GForce FX...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Weather how-to DE
thanks rambodude! I now have weather function. Not sure what I did, but previously there was nothing at all on the weather page bar a hatful of ?marks. Maybe I didn't save the settings properly, or maybe just setting up the satellite image from weather.com pointed it in the right direction? Whatever, it works now. mattoid :D
thanks rambodude! I now have weather function. Not sure what I did, but previously there was nothing at all on the weather page...
Nearly there! all I need to do now is set up My Weather. I think I saw a weather setup how-to while I was setting up My Tv (how...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom