Installation, configuration support (38 Viewers)

Having trouble installing or configuring MediaPortal?
MP1 MP2 Weather how-to DE
thanks rambodude! I now have weather function. Not sure what I did, but previously there was nothing at all on the weather page bar a hatful of ?marks. Maybe I didn't save the settings properly, or maybe just setting up the satellite image from weather.com pointed it in the right direction? Whatever, it works now. mattoid :D
thanks rambodude! I now have weather function. Not sure what I did, but previously there was nothing at all on the weather page...
Nearly there! all I need to do now is set up My Weather. I think I saw a weather setup how-to while I was setting up My Tv (how...
Replies
Views
Success! sorted. job done. thanks Taipan, it is easy :D :idea: Would it be worth me changing all four skins and publishing the code here, or does it change significantly with individual setups? now why does my autotune keep failing out? I suppose that is another post :shock: found that too: try...
Success! sorted. job done. thanks Taipan, it is easy :D :idea: Would it be worth me changing all four skins and publishing...
I have installed MP and it is running (freezes, but thats another matter). TV guide is ok and provides info correctly, but it has...
Replies
Views
You can find on the forum some threads already talk about this. for example this one http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10330&highlight= or http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3986&highlight=external+channel
You can find on the forum some threads already talk about this. for example this one...
Hi! I'm getting crazy here trying to set-up my sat box with MP. My sat receiver is connected to the Hauppauge using the TV...
Replies
Views
I am trying to setup MediaPortal 0.2 to auto tune and use on standard USA cable with ATI HDTV Wonder but I am not getting it to auto tune and it does not pull up a TV picture and audio in the actual Player even though I can manually find channels and they appear in the Setup menu. IS THERE AN EASY STEP-BY-STEP WAY I CAN GET THIS...
I am trying to setup MediaPortal 0.2 to auto tune and use on standard USA cable with ATI HDTV Wonder but I am not getting it to...
I am trying to setup MediaPortal 0.2 to auto tune and use on standard USA cable with ATI HDTV Wonder but I am not getting it to...
Replies
Views
go to MP Config/television/channels and click on "add cvbs" (or something along those lines. This will add the inputs. Then you have to configure a new channel and set it up as an external channel. Not sure what the tab is called, but it is the last one in the channel properties.
go to MP Config/television/channels and click on "add cvbs" (or something along those lines. This will add the inputs. Then you...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11822 Atleast attempt to read other posts, before posting...
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11822 Atleast attempt to read other posts, before...
Dou you need the full sdk of .net 2.0? I installed the compact.. but the insta;ll of mp rc 2 does not recognise it.
Replies
Views
Hello there, still trying to get some video to play via my Compro T200 card, now using the Compro app it is fine and I can see and hear an exteranl source (DVD player) via the composite in, but no matter what i do I can not get the Media Portal to do the same.... What channel do I select to enable this in the TV Wizard? Thanks...
Hello there, still trying to get some video to play via my Compro T200 card, now using the Compro app it is fine and I can see and...
Hello there, still trying to get some video to play via my Compro T200 card, now using the Compro app it is fine and I can see and...
Replies
Views
This morning, I wanted to start my HTPC and i didn't install, change or delete anything, and since this morning MedaiPortal produces the same Error. in the last months, everything worked fine, and suddenly it doesnt work anymore. i can't understand it. i have an Asus Pundit-R Leadtek PVR2000 XP SP2 All Software installed and...
This morning, I wanted to start my HTPC and i didn't install, change or delete anything, and since this morning MedaiPortal...
Hi, I have just installed MP2RC1 and after completing the Setup Wizard successfully, I try to run the Media Portal program and...
Replies
Views
Mercury0660
M
M
have you ran 'xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure' first? You may have to set up an account with the provider (I didn't, but I am in the UK if that makes any difference). My xmltv install went like this; 1. run 'xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure', choose channels. This creates the tv_grab_na_dd.conf file in /.wmltv. 2. run...
have you ran 'xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure' first? You may have to set up an account with the provider (I didn't, but I am...
Area: Installation support MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: blue2 Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: AMD X2 4200+ Memory: 1GB...
Replies
Views
Hi, or goto Setup->Movies->Folders and add your directory. Flip
Hi, or goto Setup->Movies->Folders and add your directory. Flip
After installing Media Portal, I see 0 objects in My Videos. :( Is it using another directory than My Documents/My Videos...
Replies
Views
thanks man I hadn't picked up that issue with win2k yet, will try it out. Much appreciated. edit: checked fixed :D
thanks man I hadn't picked up that issue with win2k yet, will try it out. Much appreciated. edit: checked fixed :D
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows 2000...
Replies
Views
A
thanx that did the trick!
thanx that did the trick!
Hi I am trying to use PowerDVD 6 as my external player. However the guys from Cyberlink tell me that it cant be launched from a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP Freeze DE
Hi Carl, please fill out the support template with our very nice tool :) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6439 Freezing could be a codec problem. Do you mean EPG from DVB-source? Try to turn it off, it seems to be a bit buggy at the moment. Flip.
Hi Carl, please fill out the support template with our very nice tool :)...
Hi, I recently installed MP 0.2 RC2 together with Digital Everywhere's FloppyDTV. I can watch TV but after switching between...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 my tv running bad DE
Just to let you know: There are nvidea fx5200 graphics cards with a pci connector. But I don't know if this will improve performance much.
Just to let you know: There are nvidea fx5200 graphics cards with a pci connector. But I don't know if this will improve...
hi, two days ago i installed mp 0.2.0.0 rc2 (before i used mp 0.1.3.0). i installed all new drivers (win xp, pvr350...
Replies
Views
Hi, its better to install RC2 over the old not deleted contents in the MediaPortal directory. This way you will also keep the settings and you will not keep old files causing problems. Otherwise you might overwrite newer files with your old temp files... Just make sure to start MP Setup before runnning MP itself and check your...
Hi, its better to install RC2 over the old not deleted contents in the MediaPortal directory. This way you will also keep the...
Hi I was wonderig what is the best way to update/upgrade from RC1 to RC2? What I did was installing .NET 2.0 and then...
Replies
Views
Hello, has anyone got a station list for Astra 19.2E with German stations? I have installed MP 0.2 RC2 and latest CVS but with both the configuration programme crashes while searching stations. Just the same as with RC1. Seems it won't be fixed so soon. But after it found some stations, I can already see them. Now I'd like to replace...
Hello, has anyone got a station list for Astra 19.2E with German stations? I have installed MP 0.2 RC2 and latest CVS but with...
Hello, has anyone got a station list for Astra 19.2E with German stations? I have installed MP 0.2 RC2 and latest CVS but with...
Replies
Views
I have just installed windows xp pro with sp2 again. I installed all my drivers and everything was good to go... I installed RC2 and first noticed there is no configure icon added to the start menu. If I remember right there were 3 icons installed. MP, MP wizard and MP config. I think this should be installed just like in RC1...
I have just installed windows xp pro with sp2 again. I installed all my drivers and everything was good to go... I installed RC2...
I have just installed windows xp pro with sp2 again. I installed all my drivers and everything was good to go... I installed RC2...
Replies
Views
Thanks.
Thanks.
Is there a way of retaining settings when going from RC1 to RC2?
Replies
Views
Hi I am getting a similar problem; when i hit the 'import from xml' button, the message says 'this is not a valid channel list', and when i try to import from tv guide, it says 'root element is missing'. I have unpacked the xmltv package and run it to configure, but i cannot log into zap2itlabs as i cannot find a certificate number...
Hi I am getting a similar problem; when i hit the 'import from xml' button, the message says 'this is not a valid channel list'...
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Can't get TV DE
What I had to do to get it to work I just got a clean install of 0.2 RC2 to work with a DVICO Fusion Plus Card. This is what I had to do to get it to work: 1. Install 3.0 Beta 3 of the drivers (None of the others seemed to work for me) 2. Install Media Portal 0.1.3 3. Tune the channels 4. Uninstall 0.1.3 5. Install 0.2 RC 2...
What I had to do to get it to work I just got a clean install of 0.2 RC2 to work with a DVICO Fusion Plus Card. This is what I had...
Hi! I have just installed MP 0.2.0 rc1 and have not been able to get it to scan my tv channels. When I click 'Autotune' it says...
Replies
Views
No. You will miss files/changes that are done between the last RC1 build and the official RC2 release cause snaps are based on timestamps.
No. You will miss files/changes that are done between the last RC1 build and the official RC2 release cause snaps are based on...
Hi, i have an rc1 install + last rc1 cvs (2005-12-17). May I apply the last rc2 cvs or I have to uninstall the rc1 and install...
Replies
Views
I have the same problem with RC2, but have a Hauppauge PVR 350
I have the same problem with RC2, but have a Hauppauge PVR 350
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-26) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Re: Further testing I wonder too... They both work...
Re: Further testing I wonder too... They both work...
Subject line edited - See message Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:38 pm below. Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.1.3 Skin...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RSS plugin DE
RSS works now - sort of ... I decided to change skins on MediaPortal just to see what the others look like. When I did (I picked the MetalMedia skin), and then went to RSS - this time it worked!!! I guess the problem I had was with the Blue Two standard skin. Any ideas as to why would be appreciated. Thanks ASiDiE for all your help.
RSS works now - sort of ... I decided to change skins on MediaPortal just to see what the others look like. When I did (I picked...
I am having a problem getting the RSS plugin to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I used the...
Replies
Views
Hi there! I've always used MediaPortal for analog viewing, but now I'm using it for viewing (digital) TV Home (Essent, Netherlands) with my TwinHan DVB-C card. What would be the best configuration, filters, codecs etc, etc for my system, (specs below)? I know nothing of codecs, filters, etc, so all the help would be mostly...
Hi there! I've always used MediaPortal for analog viewing, but now I'm using it for viewing (digital) TV Home (Essent...
Hi there! I've always used MediaPortal for analog viewing, but now I'm using it for viewing (digital) TV Home (Essent...
Replies
Views
good job!
good job!
"Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu Programs\Startup" Installation would not continue. I have not...
Replies
Views
Hi Flip, I switched to another cvs that works reliably on my htpc (August 11) and there the radio works, so I guess I'll stick with this version until 0.2 final is released. Thank you very much again! Ciao, BartManson
Hi Flip, I switched to another cvs that works reliably on my htpc (August 11) and there the radio works, so I guess I'll stick...
Area: pvr 350 radio MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-08-26) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR...
Replies
Views
It's ALIVE!!! I have installed and gotten 1.3.0 working...(albeit with some bougs and limitations)...but working none the less! Playback and xmltv guide work as does weather and My Pics. Wizard code seems to take issue with not finding DTD...hoping cvs fixes this. All video is 16:9 instead of 4:3...I use a ViewSonic FP 18"...
It's ALIVE!!! I have installed and gotten 1.3.0 working...(albeit with some bougs and limitations)...but working none the less...
Hi All, I have not been thrilled with BTV recently and need to rebuild the OS on my box anyway...seemed like a good time to try...
Replies
Views
Hi this is a known bug that is currently noted in the TODO list of the devs /BigAl
Hi this is a known bug that is currently noted in the TODO list of the devs /BigAl
I installed and tested my twinhan TV card with Twinhan DTV. It was working fine. Now I want to use media portal 0.1.3.0. I...
Replies
Views
Might be of some help for others. I also had the same problem and what I found out using MediaPortal Support app that there the MesiaPortal.xml file was missing in the install directory, so I simply created on and now it works.
Might be of some help for others. I also had the same problem and what I found out using MediaPortal Support app that there the...
Hi All, I installed Media Portal and it seemed to go smoothly, however when starting the program i recived the following message...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom