MediaPortal 1 Talk (58 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hi, I'm still on my quest to play Muxed MPEG/DTS music video mpg files. Does the new MyMusicVideo section use the MS Video Dumuxer (which does not suppot muxed MPEG/DTS files) or the MS DVD Demuxer (which does) or some other? Thanks Nathan
Hi, I'm still on my quest to play Muxed MPEG/DTS music video mpg files. Does the new MyMusicVideo section use the MS Video...
Hi, I'm still on my quest to play Muxed MPEG/DTS music video mpg files. Does the new MyMusicVideo section use the MS Video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP 0.2.0 download DE
Ok i got 0.2.0 now. Maybe i'll keep 0.2.1 and play with it for a while.
Ok i got 0.2.0 now. Maybe i'll keep 0.2.1 and play with it for a while.
I've downloaded the new MP 0.2.1, and want to go back to vs 0.2.0, but the download link doesnt work. Version 0.2.1 seems great...
Replies
Views
.....that was nice ;)
.....that was nice ;)
I've been using Beyond TV for a couple years now, however I'm not completely happy with it. I ran MP for awhile however I found...
Replies
Views
Thank you for this response. Sorry for this post but i wanted to know :sorry:
Thank you for this response. Sorry for this post but i wanted to know :sorry:
does mp 0.2.1 integrates the new home plugin (without "menu structure") ? and the new music engine ?
Replies
Views
Nothing more to be said here. No more thread about when the TV server will come please. Closed.
Nothing more to be said here. No more thread about when the TV server will come please. Closed.
Just wondering if Frodo or any devs have a rough idea when we may be able to test out the new tv engine, i'm soo keen to give it a...
Replies
Views
No more new when/where/what colour TV server threads until it is released please. Locked
No more new when/where/what colour TV server threads until it is released please. Locked
Hi! Where can I find the TV-server software?
Replies
Views
Fixed it by turning De-Interlace Control to Automatic instead of Smart in Nvidia PureVideo properties :) :) :)
Fixed it by turning De-Interlace Control to Automatic instead of Smart in Nvidia PureVideo properties :) :) :)
When watching movies and DVDs, and say there's one guy who walks fast or running, he seems to leave a trail of himself behind him...
Replies
Views
My windows is configured to turn off monitor after 2 hours of usage. If i am watching TV using MP, my TV goes back. Pressing any keys on the remote control does not help. Is there any way i can configure MP or hauppauge IR service so that remote control usage is treated as "user activity" by Windows so that windows does not go...
My windows is configured to turn off monitor after 2 hours of usage. If i am watching TV using MP, my TV goes back. Pressing any...
My windows is configured to turn off monitor after 2 hours of usage. If i am watching TV using MP, my TV goes back. Pressing any...
Replies
Views
Well, truthfully, couldn't you just switch between channels one by one and grab a preview frame? It wouldn't be live framerate, but I don't think that is so important for channel changing? Not saying this is practical in any way, just pointing out you wouldn't really need a tuner card for each screen in that picture.
Well, truthfully, couldn't you just switch between channels one by one and grab a preview frame? It wouldn't be live framerate, but...
Well, by the designer of "the future of the keyboard", here comes the future of the remote control:
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Delete skins? DE
I think i remember someone saying this works ok and doesn't prompt with the windows installer if you just recreate yourself a shortcut to the mediaportal.exe instead of using the one created by the installer.
I think i remember someone saying this works ok and doesn't prompt with the windows installer if you just recreate yourself a...
Hi , I´ve testing many skins in the past. Now I want to delete them from the skin folder. When I delete them into the rubbishbag...
Replies
Views
DX10 seems to be the more important reason to switch. If you don't need it, you probably don't need to run and make the switch. BUT (always a "but" with NLS), all program developers (this doesn't go for MP only) NEED to make sure their software works fine on latest OS (sooner more than later if they are smart). RC2 is a good place to...
DX10 seems to be the more important reason to switch. If you don't need it, you probably don't need to run and make the switch...
Lately I have seen additions to the SVN and MCE remote changes geared toward VISTA. Is MP headed toward Vista anytime soon, say...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My problem with MY DE
Eureka!!!!! Done! Works great. Thank you all so much! Ivars
Eureka!!!!! Done! Works great. Thank you all so much! Ivars
Hi all from a noobie. I'm new to HTPCs and to this forum. I've been looking around at different HTPC software and MediaPortal seems...
Replies
Views
Yup, 18/10/06 SVN build fixed all my problems as well :). FLY: Will that not stick my start menu bar on the secondary display?
Yup, 18/10/06 SVN build fixed all my problems as well :). FLY: Will that not stick my start menu bar on the secondary display?
MP: 0.2.1 GPU: Ati Radeon 1900XT using latest catalyst drivers How can I get MediaPortal to launch in fullscreen mode on my...
Replies
Views
Glad to hear that you have found the cause of the hum, Dale....:D
Glad to hear that you have found the cause of the hum, Dale....:D
I have a humming sound in the background when I play my TV through MP. This also was there with MS Media Center. Sound is input...
Replies
Views
Ah, thanks for the heads-up Ralph....much appreciated
Ah, thanks for the heads-up Ralph....much appreciated
Hi. I'm experiencing something a bit frustrating and am not sure if this is normal MP behaviour or not. If I'm in the Plugins...
Replies
Views
Wow there is even a HTPC app for BeOS, nice graphics! Check it out on the author's blog.
Wow there is even a HTPC app for BeOS, nice graphics! Check it out on the author's blog.
Hi I'm new here, So first It's nice to see there are such a nice projects like this project :thx: to all that are working...
Replies
Views
Ah, I presumed because MediaPortal can live-load skins now the missing graphics and fonts wouldn't be an issue. Fair enough. Maybe the message on a missing xml file could say the file is missing and offer to fall back to the bluetwo xml? It is not a big deal to do it manually, but there are so many posts on the forums asking skin...
Ah, I presumed because MediaPortal can live-load skins now the missing graphics and fonts wouldn't be an issue. Fair enough. Maybe...
Hi again.....another question from a new MP user: Why is it that certain plugins only work with certain skins? I would have...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV-Engine in SVN DE
in a few days... read homepage... rgs, pirlone
in a few days... read homepage... rgs, pirlone
I would like to know if the TV engine in the latest SVN is version 3.0 or the old version ? I would like to give a try to the new...
Replies
Views
Don't forget CHli getting rich :D See you
Don't forget CHli getting rich :D See you
Gonna be out of touch for a couple of weeks, look forward to mega updates when I return. New TV engine, New Music engine, WMP...
Replies
Views
I think it might be easier to develop this outside of MP as a standalone program... I think stuff like this already exists, but it shouldnt be difficult to develop standalone...basically, you would want some software that would display say a powerpoint presentation, then some video, then some webpages, then start again... that way...
I think it might be easier to develop this outside of MP as a standalone program... I think stuff like this already exists, but it...
I was wondering if MediaPortal could be used in an office to display multimedia simultaneously - like something you might see in an...
Replies
Views
correct the Test Team forum has been moved to the official forum. you can find the news entry ::here::
correct the Test Team forum has been moved to the official forum. you can find the news entry ::here::
Hi, I want to report some bugs but the testteam site appears to be ofline. http://www.testteam-mediaportal.com/Joomla/forum/...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Black Gold & Sky DE
Thanks for that idea Kerpow will let you know how I progress.....
Thanks for that idea Kerpow will let you know how I progress.....
I currently have a black gold freeview card installed which is working very well as is the EPG. I was however wondering if I...
Replies
Views
Just read the article. They really liked MP. Great big congratulations to the devs :)
Just read the article. They really liked MP. Great big congratulations to the devs :)
In an article they describe how to convert your Windows XP to Vista. They suggest replacing the Vista MediaCenter by MP :)...
Replies
Views
My spdif/ac3 problem just went away. No idea why. Perhaps I just need to reboot the machine.
My spdif/ac3 problem just went away. No idea why. Perhaps I just need to reboot the machine.
Hello Everyone. I have a problem when playing divX movies with AC3 sound. There is no problem when playing movies with MP3 or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 album icons in artist or folder view (1 Viewer) DE
One could suggest that if its that simple you should go for It!
One could suggest that if its that simple you should go for It!
Hi there, I was wondering if MP currently supports displaying album icons in the artist or folder view. I have my library...
Replies
Views
This is a first post. OK, first of all Mediaportal is corking software and well done to the developers. The best thing is that it is open source and we can all contribute to its development. I have used the software for a few months now and obviously think there are some areas which could be improved to meet my own personal...
This is a first post. OK, first of all Mediaportal is corking software and well done to the developers. The best thing is...
This is a first post. OK, first of all Mediaportal is corking software and well done to the developers. The best thing is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Movie Genre Logos DE
Is it possible to create logos (like the tv channels) for movie genres, ive found the thumbs folder with video/genre so it seems like i should be able to but i cant seem to get it to display any logos when i switch the view type? Any help greatly appreciated Also not quite on this topic but win xp wont shut down when MP is...
Is it possible to create logos (like the tv channels) for movie genres, ive found the thumbs folder with video/genre so it seems...
Is it possible to create logos (like the tv channels) for movie genres, ive found the thumbs folder with video/genre so it seems...
Replies
Views
Of course the soon to be released client - server version of Media Portal will suit you down the the ground. You can just extend your main Media Portal (now a server) with a cat5 cable to a new client (IP will go 22m not sure that HDMI will), plus of course all the added features that will give you. Cheers
Of course the soon to be released client - server version of Media Portal will suit you down the the ground. You can just extend...
Right, I'm looking for some advise on the best way to run a second HD panel from my media portal box. This is a run down on my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Next update? DE
yes
yes
Sorry if I missed the info, but what happened with 0.2.0.5? (or should I say better, 0.2.1?) Still in testing? Just curious...
Replies
Views
well you can find the channels included in ViaSat Gold @ http://www.activeark.fi/viasat/index.php?sivu=8 . About where you can get it, I'm sad to say that you must have a finnish address to get ViaSat from Finland, just as you need a swedish address to get ViaSat in sweden. The only possibility to get a ViaSat card is to know someone...
well you can find the channels included in ViaSat Gold @ http://www.activeark.fi/viasat/index.php?sivu=8 . About where you can get...
Actually, I am dying to find somebody from Finland who is subscribed to Viasat chanels (Tv3 Danmark, TV3 Swedish, TV3 Norge, Tv...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom