MediaPortal 1 Talk (48 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
That sounds very familiar to me. Had the same problems with my PVR250MCE. In addition MP always tells me it is a PVR150. Compare it to the visual card reference on www.shrpvr.com and it is a true PVR250MCE. Got it working perfectly with the following driver, which is a PVR150/500 driver. TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR250MCE TV...
That sounds very familiar to me. Had the same problems with my PVR250MCE. In addition MP always tells me it is a PVR150. Compare...
I have this reoccuring issue with the somewhat older Hauppague PVR250 card est 2 years. After running a media product, the card...
Replies
Views
The best kept secret Congratulations to Team MediaPortal. Believe me I have tried every combination of Media software out there to try and get every component working. They all had serious problems with some part yet MediaPortal is evenly balanced in every aspect. I would have spent hundreds of hours building, rebuilding...
The best kept secret Congratulations to Team MediaPortal. Believe me I have tried every combination of Media software out there to...
I began building my HTPC about a year ago in the Summer of 2004. I started out with MyHTPC software, which was highly configurable...
Replies
Views
Dev's need to look at Windows Media Professional Exhibitor Windows Media Professional Exhibitor is a .Net DX9 tool Microsoft put out as a demo to do dual independent monitors at HD quality. It sounds exactly like what everyone wants (me too). I don't know how usefull the tool is (I am at work right now), but it shows it can be done.
Dev's need to look at Windows Media Professional Exhibitor Windows Media Professional Exhibitor is a .Net DX9 tool Microsoft put...
Hi All, I've been away from MP for maybe 6 months because I need secondary display support. I was wondering if this bug has...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is it possible to search the forum for posts which you're watching? I can't find a way to do it. Thanks.
Hi, Is it possible to search the forum for posts which you're watching? I can't find a way to do it. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hopefully this is the right place for this request. I am in need of a raw DVB transport stream (.ts) file for testing purposes. Not all DVB cards/drivers are capable of saving off a raw file, including the nexus-s which is what I have. If someone has the capability and knowledge to do this, I would appreciate a file to do some...
Hopefully this is the right place for this request. I am in need of a raw DVB transport stream (.ts) file for testing purposes...
Hopefully this is the right place for this request. I am in need of a raw DVB transport stream (.ts) file for testing purposes...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording TV Shows DE
It doesn't has to be that difficult, it could be implemented in a way that the left arrow (on remote or keyboard) trims the left side of the program description, and moving to the right does the same on the right side; then looking at the remaining string like '*string*' would work, and it would be easy to the user (or at least it...
It doesn't has to be that difficult, it could be implemented in a way that the left arrow (on remote or keyboard) trims the left...
There is a very nice option to record TV Shows: "Record always on this channel". This works nicely except that often EPG has not...
Replies
Views
That does sound more straight forward. I always get asked by family members if its a good idea, because to them it sounds like its deleting the recording.
That does sound more straight forward. I always get asked by family members if its a good idea, because to them it sounds like its...
One thing really confusing me about Media Portal (new version) at the moment. When i start MP, and hit "Record now" to start...
Replies
Views
The OSD volume is a good point actually. It should appear no matter where you use it as it effects sound in menus, music, etc. However, it is not such a big deal as the volume buttons still works and there is audible feedback when you make a change. It does turn finding the right volume into guesswork or playing it by ear while...
The OSD volume is a good point actually. It should appear no matter where you use it as it effects sound in menus, music, etc...
Hey, ive been looking and cant find whether an equaliser plugin has been created, same with the OSD volume, as i can only get osd...
Replies
Views
I'm aware that I can't properly maintain the website mediaportal.be cause I don't have the proper time to do it. So I want to do ask all the dutch people here : if you have time, you are good with this forum software and you have enough experience with mediaportal, feel free to contact me on this forum or on the dutch forum. I...
I'm aware that I can't properly maintain the website mediaportal.be cause I don't have the proper time to do it. So I want to do...
I'm aware that I can't properly maintain the website mediaportal.be cause I don't have the proper time to do it. So I want to do...
Replies
Views
yeah I think... Oh well doesnt matter, I can live without mediaportal for one thing :D
yeah I think... Oh well doesnt matter, I can live without mediaportal for one thing :D
I bought a nice shiny new Sappire Theatrix, ATI Theatre 550 card, and its great, plus works with mediaportal! The only problem is I...
Replies
Views
-> SandmanCL I build my first mediacentre a couple of weeks ago on a old Compaq Deskpro with specs similar to yours (P1.5 768 MB RAM). Only difference is that I have a Radeon 9200 graphics card. I'm really happy with it and everything is running smoothly. So my suggestion is this. Find a used (MP compatible) graphics card or...
-> SandmanCL I build my first mediacentre a couple of weeks ago on a old Compaq Deskpro with specs similar to yours (P1.5 768 MB...
- finally, XBMC for the PC ! - why can't I just put in my zip code and cable provider somewhere and have the tv guide...
Replies
Views
hi patos, unfortunately i didn´t have enough time due to some big projects at work at the moment. because of the "money back guarantee" i had to return the firedtv. as some other guys stated there are possibilities to get dvb-c with some upc digital channels working. but there i no list of which one just a frequency list of a guy...
hi patos, unfortunately i didn´t have enough time due to some big projects at work at the moment. because of the "money back...
Hi there, i´m living in vienna/austria and am a proud user of media portal. during th last year i´ve made many experiences...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I have a question regarding IMDB support for MP. There has been recently added support for Spanish database, similar to IMDB. It looks different than IMDB, therefore i thought other databases could be used as well, f.e. Polish. can anyone write more about this? unfortunately my coding skills are... eee.. none, so can't...
Hello all! I have a question regarding IMDB support for MP. There has been recently added support for Spanish database, similar...
Hello all! I have a question regarding IMDB support for MP. There has been recently added support for Spanish database, similar...
Replies
Views
This has been discussed several times in the past, if you care to dig those topics up. The main issue is not selling the computer with MediaPortal on it (which is fine, as far as I know) but more the fact that MediaPortal is still under heavy development. It is probably not really a great idea to sell a product to consumers when it is...
This has been discussed several times in the past, if you care to dig those topics up. The main issue is not selling the computer...
Hello, I have a few questions for the commercial use of MediaPortal. 1.) Is it possible, as a company to sell MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
That's perfect - thanks. Do you also happen to know if the size of the album cover display is customisable?
That's perfect - thanks. Do you also happen to know if the size of the album cover display is customisable?
I'm finding the default skin very hard to read from across the lounge. Can anyone recommend a skin which has a larger font? It...
Replies
Views
Hi moullas, thanks for tip. I wasn't aware of the shutdown command. Hence the client/server approach. I'll play around with it. Dr.Placebo
Hi moullas, thanks for tip. I wasn't aware of the shutdown command. Hence the client/server approach. I'll play around with it...
Hi, I'm running a 1TB media server in the basement (bunch of disks on XP). It would be kind of nice, if I could could bring the...
Replies
Views
Or with the voice of Rosie (from the TV cartoon "The Jetson's") "Buttons lost = 4, missing socks = 3" "Have a good day!"
Or with the voice of Rosie (from the TV cartoon "The Jetson's") "Buttons lost = 4, missing socks = 3" "Have a good day!"
I saw a short article about "smart washers" being developed/tested. Wouldn't that be nice that if a wife could get info regarding...
Replies
Views
I thought this was what the my DVDs Plugin is for???
I thought this was what the my DVDs Plugin is for???
Is there a way that one can update the videos database with offline DVDs where the user can select a DVD from the database and the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Customizing folders DE
put in a file called folder.jpg (or.png) and it will display.
put in a file called folder.jpg (or.png) and it will display.
Is there any way to assign a movie, music or DVD cover to a folder instead on a per-file basis?
Replies
Views
Cheers, some waf points for my setup
Cheers, some waf points for my setup
hey all! i made a collection of tv channels logo for australia for myself, and thought i'd share them with the rest of the...
Replies
Views
I was actually starting to look at doing this in plugin form as well, but the issue was that the source I found is in WMV9, and I was hoping to be able to download stuff locally. I think it would be beneficial to have a more generic framework in place to allow this, something where you provide an address and MP has hooks to view in...
I was actually starting to look at doing this in plugin form as well, but the issue was that the source I found is in WMV9, and I...
I know there has been requests or talk about a pandora plug-in, but what about a YouTube or Google Video plug-in? I think our...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording formats DE
What do you mean by this??? Now I'm confused..I 've used the Compress feature but don't understand.
What do you mean by this??? Now I'm confused..I 've used the Compress feature but don't understand.
Hi All, I've distanced myself from MP because it only supports dvr-ms format. This format is totally useless for my...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, the version is... Version 0.2.0.0 RC3 UPDATE: I've managed to solve it. Just downloaded the latest version. Cheers anyway.
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, the version is... Version 0.2.0.0 RC3 UPDATE: I've managed to solve it. Just downloaded...
Sorry if this is a dumb question but can MP turn on my pc to record a tv show and then shut down after? Like how pci tv cards can...
Replies
Views
Tiz true I do have a slightly different folder sturcture and a large library lots of which are badly tagged. /Recent Albums /Recent Singles /Albums ---/Genre ------/Artist - Album /Singles ---/80's Electro ---/Late 80's house ---/Hip Hop sampled ---/Ibiza House ---/Jazz funk etc I like browsing this...
Tiz true I do have a slightly different folder sturcture and a large library lots of which are badly tagged. /Recent Albums...
Is there a way in MP to sort via folders rather than tags? I ask because I have my whole library broken down in a format of...
Replies
Views
Bredbandsbolaget/Viasat does this in Sweden via fibre and ADSL/VDSL. Though the broadcasts are only MPEG2. Crappy thing is that Viasat locks the subscription card to the STB. A friend of mine uses the solution over VDSL, channel switches takes approx 3-4 secs. MPEG4/H.264 requires quite a bit of horsepower, during the World Cup...
Bredbandsbolaget/Viasat does this in Sweden via fibre and ADSL/VDSL. Though the broadcasts are only MPEG2. Crappy thing is that...
http://www.digi.no/php/art.php?id=311384 This article explains how the national norwegian broadcaster is going DVB-IP (ETSI TS...
Replies
Views
Hi guys! I wanted to say I just installed MP and I LOVE it! I actually installed MP on my MCE machine and I'm now using MP 100% of the time. Setup was a breeze (even EPG thanks to the North American plug in) and the options are out of control! Thanks for all your hard work! For those wondering, below is my set up. It works...
Hi guys! I wanted to say I just installed MP and I LOVE it! I actually installed MP on my MCE machine and I'm now using MP 100%...
Hi guys! I wanted to say I just installed MP and I LOVE it! I actually installed MP on my MCE machine and I'm now using MP 100%...
Replies
Views
Well said.. except from :lol: :lol: I don't think thats really what you were thinking about..
Well said.. except from :lol: :lol: I don't think thats really what you were thinking about..
Dudes and, if there are any, Dudettes, You know, I don't really think much of MediaPortal. Actually, I don't think about it at...
Replies
Views
re wewe Here is one solution to hear audio in 5.1 and good picture quality 8using purevideo) set in configuraton/televison Video codec:NVIDIA Video Decoder Audio codec: AC3Filter (necessary to install AC3Filter and set output to 5.1) another one important thing: after MP start you must set in Settings/ Television/...
re wewe Here is one solution to hear audio in 5.1 and good picture quality 8using purevideo) set in configuraton/televison...
Been running RC4 since its release, installed release 0.2 yesterday and very very pleased. The whole thing is much snappier...
Replies
Views
Those 4 are all HDTV clips. The ones which you said run OK, are both 1080i clips. The ones which dont are higher bitrate 1080i and a 720p clips.
Those 4 are all HDTV clips. The ones which you said run OK, are both 1080i clips. The ones which dont are higher bitrate 1080i and...
I have the following PC set up: Athlon 2800+ 512Mb RAM Asus 64Mb V9520-X (w/DVI) XP Pro Just installed MediaPortal 0.2 on...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I figured out the problem. I did not have an MPEG-2 decoder installed. Dave
Thanks, I figured out the problem. I did not have an MPEG-2 decoder installed. Dave
I am new to MP and have an issue. I have a DVD that I ripped into a VIDEO_TS folder using DVD Decryptor. It plays find in Media...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom