other features (of release or svn versions) (4 Viewers)

general talk, support and improvement suggestions for other MediaPortal features in here
TV WishList by Huha will record repeats (or not). (I did try 4 the record, but it just seemed a lot of work to maintain both that and MediaPortal.)
TV WishList by Huha will record repeats (or not). (I did try 4 the record, but it just seemed a lot of work to maintain both that...
Hi Guys, Bit of a newbie to MediaPortal, but I do think I might have something to share in terms of a feature suggestion...
Replies
Views
Anyway, it's good to have it mentioned since other usere will stumble upon it and so they are informed about the reasons now.
Anyway, it's good to have it mentioned since other usere will stumble upon it and so they are informed about the reasons now.
hello there. i was annoyed by windows, so i made this workaround. it replaces the windows mediacenter with any application...
Replies
Views
Not much more detail to add. It would be more forgiving, allowing recovery from accidental deletions of recorded TV or videos.
Not much more detail to add. It would be more forgiving, allowing recovery from accidental deletions of recorded TV or videos.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 start plugin function with macro!? (1 Viewer) DE
Hi everyone! Do somebody know if its possible to write a script or a macro that controls a function of an MP Plugin? I use the IR Server Suite with my Harmony ONE Remote and got some macros to control my ambilight. I can control most of the build in fuctions of the AtmoWin Application but using the Live-View mode occurs in...
Hi everyone! Do somebody know if its possible to write a script or a macro that controls a function of an MP Plugin? I use the...
Hi everyone! Do somebody know if its possible to write a script or a macro that controls a function of an MP Plugin? I use the...
Replies
Views
I want this too! Posting my support right here right now for this :)
I want this too! Posting my support right here right now for this :)
I think there should be an option to configure some other remote control buttons to trigger the MP Tray to do tasks when MP is not...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been trying to debug mp1 with vs2010 with my plugin but Im getting hung up with the Version Compatibility, even tho I can get the pluging to work on an installed copy of MP. Can someone let me know of things to check Ok I have it compatible but its not showing up in debug. Thanks
Hi I've been trying to debug mp1 with vs2010 with my plugin but Im getting hung up with the Version Compatibility, even tho I can...
Hi I've been trying to debug mp1 with vs2010 with my plugin but Im getting hung up with the Version Compatibility, even tho I can...
Replies
Views
I would like to see a ListControl which can be used in a Horizontal way. I'm currently trying to re-create the Home screen of the default confluence skin of XBMC, and I discovered that MediaPortal does not have the ability for an (easy) horizontal List Control. Cheers Michel
I would like to see a ListControl which can be used in a Horizontal way. I'm currently trying to re-create the Home screen of the...
I would like to see a ListControl which can be used in a Horizontal way. I'm currently trying to re-create the Home screen of the...
Replies
Views
In MePo we have channel lists, like all channels and then you create your own lists. A friend of mine is a Mac fanatic and he showed me a cool feature of EyeTV, and that is smartguides. This would be cool to have in MePo. Here is what I would like for MePo. I create a channel list and defines searchwords/rules for it. Let's say I...
In MePo we have channel lists, like all channels and then you create your own lists. A friend of mine is a Mac fanatic and he...
In MePo we have channel lists, like all channels and then you create your own lists. A friend of mine is a Mac fanatic and he...
Replies
Views
Thanks Holzi, but no translation possible? How is that possible? :p I know, you said it is hardcoded.. But when you can make it for german, I have to can make it for Dutch right? Can you tell me if there is a way I can change the language manually? Thanks.. EDIT: I got it.. Just translate it right in the xml itself.. Thank Holzi...
Thanks Holzi, but no translation possible? How is that possible? :p I know, you said it is hardcoded.. But when you can make it...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 beta MediaPortal Skin: Avalon, ... Windows Version: Windows7 64bit CPU Type: Core™ i3-2100 (2x 3100...
Replies
Views
Isn't this also possible using winlirc? The wiki states that it is supported for Mediaportal. I've messed around with some random IR remote I found, a simple circuit and winlirc. It worked like a charm. I suppose such a circuit would not be too expensive (mine was made by a friend of mine.) I never tried it with MP, though, it was...
Isn't this also possible using winlirc? The wiki states that it is supported for Mediaportal. I've messed around with some random...
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP Windows Version: Seven 64 CPU Type: Amd Athlon II x2 245 HDD...
Replies
Views
1. Each tune will last between. Here u can define the amount of time that any given tune is granted before either tuning to next channel or stop. The actual value is randomized for each card tune in the test. 2. Tune delay This is a small delay that is enforced before tuning the next channel. 3. Sync It's an option that should...
1. Each tune will last between. Here u can define the amount of time that any given tune is granted before either tuning to next...
Hi all, I'm going to test some usb dvb-s2 cards and I need some more information about the "Test Channels" Section in TV Server. I...
Replies
Views
AW: Feature Request - Simple Video Editor for recorded TV Hello all My Plugin is aviable in English and German include the configuration. At this time it is in the Beta-Phase but it works very stable. Here the link to the english thread...
AW: Feature Request - Simple Video Editor for recorded TV Hello all My Plugin is aviable in English and German include the...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 beta MediaPortal Skin: Avalon, ... Windows Version: Windows7 64bit CPU Type: Core™ i3-2100 (2x 3100 MHz)...
Replies
Views
I can see it would be a good idea for some users such as yourself, although perhaps it could be done so that the PIN is only needed to access certain functions (Settings screen, delete files, etc) which would stop the kids doing any damage but still not be a pain for when the adults want to use the "non-dangerous" functions.
I can see it would be a good idea for some users such as yourself, although perhaps it could be done so that the PIN is only needed...
I have small children who have just started getting interested in the remote control! Needless to say, little fingers quickly...
Replies
Views
It's not the content of the logs that I think could be improved, just the way they're made. What would really save me a lot of time is: a) several levels of logs each made in a dated and timed subfolder under the logs folder. A new subfolder to be created each time MP is started (up to the max of e.g. 5) b) Several copes of...
It's not the content of the logs that I think could be improved, just the way they're made. What would really save me a lot of...
It's not the content of the logs that I think could be improved, just the way they're made. What would really save me a lot of...
Replies
Views
When I will Record a Movie sometimes I don't know it is already in my Video-Databse. So I must open MovingPictures and look for the movie. It is possible that you can have a marker (like the Flag in Trakt.tv) if the Movie is in your Databse ? Perhaps a watched status and the user-rating of the film would be nice. It is possible ...
When I will Record a Movie sometimes I don't know it is already in my Video-Databse. So I must open MovingPictures and look for the...
When I will Record a Movie sometimes I don't know it is already in my Video-Databse. So I must open MovingPictures and look for the...
Replies
Views
To be honest, I am not using screensaver on HTPC, so not sure how it works.
To be honest, I am not using screensaver on HTPC, so not sure how it works.
I am a windows media center convert, I love just about everything that media portal has to offer. The only thing I miss is the...
Replies
Views
you need speed fan installed for it to work.
you need speed fan installed for it to work.
Something I miss is I can get info about my harddrives health. That I can read inside MP S.M.A.R.T and even temp S.M.A.R.T. -...
Replies
Views
AW: Feature request: Recording a channel by start-/end-time when no EPG-data are avai Hi Dj_Moren, if You have found a way to record radio without EPG, please tell me. Best regards Roger
AW: Feature request: Recording a channel by start-/end-time when no EPG-data are avai Hi Dj_Moren, if You have found a way to...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD 16:9 Windows Version: XP (MCE2005) SP3 CPU Type: AMD Phenom II-X3...
Replies
Views
AW: Recording with subtitules? Use Mediainfo to check the TS-Files. Subtitles are the UTF-Streams in it.
AW: Recording with subtitules? Use Mediainfo to check the TS-Files. Subtitles are the UTF-Streams in it.
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 MediaPortal Skin: def Windows Version: 7 x64 CPU Type: core i5 2500k TV: IPTV Hi! I am...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've got a new idea. At least I haven't found something similar in the forum. There are two different types of recordings in MediaPortal. Single recordings and series recordings. When I now record these I've got the possibility to throw them in different folders on my hdd. Now the question? Could be there a...
Hi guys, I've got a new idea. At least I haven't found something similar in the forum. There are two different types of...
Hi guys, I've got a new idea. At least I haven't found something similar in the forum. There are two different types of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 feature request DE
Hi again hilfer Think this plugin can get you close to that: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/one-button-random-music-48751/
Hi again hilfer Think this plugin can get you close to that...
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal Skin: Windows Version: CPU Type: HDD: Memory: Motherboard: Video Card: Video Card Driver...
Replies
Views
Thanks, that works great for me too :)
Thanks, that works great for me too :)
I imagine a lot of users use MP in a similar way to myself, where much of the time it is used to watch TV, so it would be nice and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Feature Request DE
Just wondered if it would be possible to have a repair option in the install proceedure. At the moment mepo will not upgrade if the same version already exists. It would be a great option to be able to reinstall and repair any files damaged by pc crashes etc, like the common side by side error. This would save a great deal of time...
Just wondered if it would be possible to have a repair option in the install proceedure. At the moment mepo will not upgrade if the...
Just wondered if it would be possible to have a repair option in the install proceedure. At the moment mepo will not upgrade if the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Server Timeout DE
You can reduce the timeouts in the TV Server config. General -> Scan -> Tune
You can reduce the timeouts in the TV Server config. General -> Scan -> Tune
I have noticed that when trying to tune a channel that has a weak or non existant signal, the TV server freezes for a long time...
Replies
Views
Hello, The 3D movies now tend to be common. Why not add them to identify with a logo. This requires simply adding a field in the database, and display a pictogram in interfaces. What do you think of this?
Hello, The 3D movies now tend to be common. Why not add them to identify with a logo. This requires simply adding a field in the...
Hello, The 3D movies now tend to be common. Why not add them to identify with a logo. This requires simply adding a field in the...
Replies
Views
Apparently some channels at least broadcast Series Link information which can be used by PVRs to only record first showings, not repeats, of programmes. It seems they broadcast a Series CRID and a Programme CRID to acheive this, as explained in this thread: Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - When will channel five fix it's broken...
Apparently some channels at least broadcast Series Link information which can be used by PVRs to only record first showings, not...
Apparently some channels at least broadcast Series Link information which can be used by PVRs to only record first showings, not...
Replies
Views
I was reading about the Topfield DVB-T STB yesterday and it apparently uses a feature called Freeview Playback, which uses "additional broadcast information that allows PVRs to automatically track changes to programme schedules, so that even when a show starts late, it’ll be recorded correctly". Apparently this is part of the Freeview...
I was reading about the Topfield DVB-T STB yesterday and it apparently uses a feature called Freeview Playback, which uses...
I was reading about the Topfield DVB-T STB yesterday and it apparently uses a feature called Freeview Playback, which uses...
Replies
Views
EDIT: This was a reply to disaster123 but jameson_uk's post got in the middle! Sure, I can see why it would be bad for you but for us UK Freeview users (and maybe others), it would be OK I think as we don't have multiple channels with the same name. I don't see why this behaviour couldn't be toggled from TV Server config, so...
EDIT: This was a reply to disaster123 but jameson_uk's post got in the middle! Sure, I can see why it would be bad for you but...
Hi, when you're using DVB-S/S2 and you have about 1000-2000 channels it is very difficult to recognize which channel doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've some channels which are mostly only active on saturday. Now TVServer tries the whole week to grab EPG all the time in an endless loop. When TVServer is unable to tune or grab EPG from a channel it should skip this channel for X Seconds or minutes before it retries. Stefan
Hi, i've some channels which are mostly only active on saturday. Now TVServer tries the whole week to grab EPG all the time in...
Hi, i've some channels which are mostly only active on saturday. Now TVServer tries the whole week to grab EPG all the time in...
Replies
Views
It's bugged me for a while that when I press the Info key on my remote whilst watching TV, it brings up the OSD but pressing it again doesn't hide the OSD but brings up another menu and it takes a third press of the key to get clear TV again. I just found, by complete accident, that pressing Y on the keyboard toggles the OSD...
It's bugged me for a while that when I press the Info key on my remote whilst watching TV, it brings up the OSD but pressing it...
It's bugged me for a while that when I press the Info key on my remote whilst watching TV, it brings up the OSD but pressing it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom