other features (of release or svn versions) (1 Viewer)

general talk, support and improvement suggestions for other MediaPortal features in here
Hello everybody ! I would need some support with the Media Server Plugin from "Yohay"... MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - Media Server On the server: I configured the media server, the shares, started the media server service ... everything fine. Firewall disabled On the client: Installed and configured...
Hello everybody ! I would need some support with the Media Server Plugin from "Yohay"... MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC...
Hello everybody ! I would need some support with the Media Server Plugin from "Yohay"... MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC...
Replies
Views
Thanks metropolis Appreciate your response I'd come round to that conclusion this weekend and did the install with the latest snapshots all round. Got the HDTV stations and the key issues seem to have been addressed. Now have a few more, but need to spend some more time with it before I ask any more silly questions. I'm...
Thanks metropolis Appreciate your response I'd come round to that conclusion this weekend and did the install with the latest...
I am using this card with MP and have the following issues - none of which occur with the technotrend supplied BDA-APP. (all of...
Replies
Views
Hi, is there a posibility to change the postrecord intervalls in mediaportal.xml. I would like to have 15,30,45,60... min. and not 1 to 19 min. I have nothing found in mediaportal.xml. I know that i can define a standard pre- and postrecord time, but that is not enough for me. When is there no xml tag, then i think this could be...
Hi, is there a posibility to change the postrecord intervalls in mediaportal.xml. I would like to have 15,30,45,60... min. and...
Hi, is there a posibility to change the postrecord intervalls in mediaportal.xml. I would like to have 15,30,45,60... min. and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I recommend you to exclude the provided Visual C++ Redistributable from MediaPortal Installation since it a) is NOT up to date (This one is the latest 2005 Package) b) causes trouble during installation of components which need to be registered (I just encountered the impossibility to register DVBsub2.ax because of...
Hey guys, I recommend you to exclude the provided Visual C++ Redistributable from MediaPortal Installation since it a) is NOT...
Hey guys, I recommend you to exclude the provided Visual C++ Redistributable from MediaPortal Installation since it a) is NOT...
Replies
Views
Hey I made a mondification to MPtray for another problem. But should work here to. My mptray starts both mediaportal.exe and a .bat file when you press the green button. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-123/mptray-runs-shortcuts-34998/
Hey I made a mondification to MPtray for another problem. But should work here to. My mptray starts both mediaportal.exe and a...
Hi, I found this link, but it's not exectly what I want. I use Win XP Pro, and want to start MP with the start button (green...
Replies
Views
I've installed media portal this afternoon, i've always used media center but wanted to try this now. Because of the more options, and ISO support. I have got a lot of trouble: - When ik watch tv, the quality is poor. But the hardware is completly the same as when i used media center. Then the quality was way better. Any one got any...
I've installed media portal this afternoon, i've always used media center but wanted to try this now. Because of the more options...
I've installed media portal this afternoon, i've always used media center but wanted to try this now. Because of the more options...
Replies
Views
Delete the database(s) would work I guess.. its located in "c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\database" in vista. If you want to remove MP completely go to 'add/remove programs' and uninstall it from there. Then delete the remaining files in "c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal" and if you have vista you have to...
Delete the database(s) would work I guess.. its located in "c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\database" in vista. If you...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal Skin: Xface Windows Version: Vista CPU Type: Intel Core*2 1800 4,3 HDD...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Episodes Management DE
Hi gfiveash, episode management is now working again! See the homepage for more information :) Maschine
Hi gfiveash, episode management is now working again! See the homepage for more information :) Maschine
Does Episodes Management work in TVE3? Since upgrading to TVE3 6 weeks ago I have been unable to get it to work, no matter what...
Replies
Views
Which is better these days - Purevideo or PowerDVD codecs?
Which is better these days - Purevideo or PowerDVD codecs?
Hi, I want to enable the hardware accerleration in MP. I use the decoder that was integrated in the installer. Were do I enable...
Replies
Views
Hi rsbrux, I'm in a similar situation: 2 windows accounts, 1 for MP, 1 for work/maintenance via remote desktop connection from laptop; Hibernation via PowerScheduler/Homescreen. At the moment, to avoid hibernation during work, I manually set MP to a screen other than home. Of course this sucks, so I'm planning to modify...
Hi rsbrux, I'm in a similar situation: 2 windows accounts, 1 for MP, 1 for work/maintenance via remote desktop connection from...
TV-Server Version: n/a (TVE2) MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 stable release MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide Windows Version: XP MCE...
Replies
Views
Yes - if you use the client-server version (TVE3) of the MediaPortal TV engine. The standard version of Mediaportal uses TVE2, which does not do what you described. Check on the MediaPortal home page and in the Wiki, for more information about TVE3.
Yes - if you use the client-server version (TVE3) of the MediaPortal TV engine. The standard version of Mediaportal uses TVE2...
In MediaCentre, recording and scheduling is handled by an external process. The advantgages of this are: MediaCentre does not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm pretty new to MediaPortal as I'm just transitioning from a competitor, which i've been using for about 6 years. My setup is that I have a TVEngine 3 server, with an MCE500 (Dual Tuner) which is connected to 2 Dish Network decoders. Each decoder has an IR Blaster and I'm using the IRServer plugin to change the channel...
Hello, I'm pretty new to MediaPortal as I'm just transitioning from a competitor, which i've been using for about 6 years. My...
Hello, I'm pretty new to MediaPortal as I'm just transitioning from a competitor, which i've been using for about 6 years. My...
Replies
Views
maybe you should ask the first question here... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my_tvseries-f162.html
maybe you should ask the first question here... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my_tvseries-f162.html
Hi guys, i just installed mytvseries plugin on my new (first install) of MP, mytvseries came with a configuration tool called...
Replies
Views
I have added a BitTorrent client to Version 3 of the Ten Foot products. Bit Torrent is a widely-used protocol for downloading large files (and collections of files) from the Internet. For example, you can get films, TV programs and music that are published as BitTorrents. The client allows people interested in the same file to...
I have added a BitTorrent client to Version 3 of the Ten Foot products. Bit Torrent is a widely-used protocol for downloading...
I have added a BitTorrent client to Version 3 of the Ten Foot products. Bit Torrent is a widely-used protocol for downloading...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 U.S. tv logo icons? DE
check out https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/channel_logos_na_channels-t28969.html?p=187654 and save your time!
check out https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/channel_logos_na_channels-t28969.html?p=187654 and save your time!
Does anyone have these? I have searched and found other countries but not in the states..thx
Replies
Views
I'm very new to this place, and I must say, I'm very astonished how Media Portal put every commercial software to shame. I'm talking to you, "Beyond TV." I set it up in a hurry, surprized at the fact it only took maybe 15 minutes with the infamous Hauppauge HVR 1600 (74440070.) It runs on its own dedicated user account under XP...
I'm very new to this place, and I must say, I'm very astonished how Media Portal put every commercial software to shame. I'm...
I'm very new to this place, and I must say, I'm very astonished how Media Portal put every commercial software to shame. I'm...
Replies
Views
And what about Outlook ? Because I don't use Google calendar. thanks
And what about Outlook ? Because I don't use Google calendar. thanks
Hello, I downloaded the last release of Myplanner (RC1) plugin but it doesn't work. The message is : "Missing...
Replies
Views
Hi PD I found out last night that this problem only occurs when using the keyboard to manually type in the name (the screen keyboard hangs after 2nd characters, works fine if I use the mouse to click the characters). Doesn't seem like a database related issue, but I'll try to rename it and rescan tonight. Thanks Tan
Hi PD I found out last night that this problem only occurs when using the keyboard to manually type in the name (the screen...
Hi! Sometimes when I use the imdd function and fetch information from the imdb_com, the whole process freezes.. I need then to...
Replies
Views
I'm using the remote to power off and on mediaportal and have the ten foot browser behind. So when mp is closedi can see ten foot broswer and power on mp i can see mp..
I'm using the remote to power off and on mediaportal and have the ten foot browser behind. So when mp is closedi can see ten foot...
I hope it's OK to post this here. The Ten Foot Browser and Utilities are not Media Portal plugins, but they are designed to run...
Replies
Views
It is integrated in Mediaportal
It is integrated in Mediaportal
Hello, is possible in Mediaportal to wake up my computer according to scheduled recordings of TV? Thanx for answer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Weather DE
hi guy's had the same problem a while a go... It's probably that your firewall is blocking the Configuration.exe to connect to the internet... you have to go to properties on your firewall app. and give mediaportal\Configuration.exe an exception rule to go to the internet.
hi guy's had the same problem a while a go... It's probably that your firewall is blocking the Configuration.exe to connect to...
I am trying to setup Weather. I add new city, it says: "Failed to perform city search, make sure you are connected to the...
Replies
Views
Just use this plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/generic_keyboard_remote_input_plugin-t25755.html ;) regards,
Just use this plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/generic_keyboard_remote_input_plugin-t25755.html ;) regards,
Hi all. My remote has these button : movie,music,photo,tv. How can I go to MP menu tv or menu video or menu music directly ? :S...
Replies
Views
Fixed Just a quick update, the TV crashing seems to have cleared up now, not sure why?! I've updated the TV Card Driver to 3.7.0.1, MP to 0.2.3.0 RC1 SVN 15342 and TVSERVER to 0.3 Beta SVN 15342, so it could be any or a combination of these.
Fixed Just a quick update, the TV crashing seems to have cleared up now, not sure why?! I've updated the TV Card Driver to...
I'm considering buying the Pinnacle DVB Dual Diversity USB TV stick, but I need to know whether it works? Does anybody have any...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I encountered a problem while playing around with the bult-in myPrograms: I tried to add some PC Games to it, so that I can launch them from MP: First try: I added a "application launcher" and linked it to the exe of a game, but I didn't found a possibility to add an image to be used as a thumb in MP. Second try: I added...
Hi folks, I encountered a problem while playing around with the bult-in myPrograms: I tried to add some PC Games to it, so that I...
Hi folks, I encountered a problem while playing around with the bult-in myPrograms: I tried to add some PC Games to it, so that I...
Replies
Views
That works. I used Meedio for quite a while It was the best at that time. Later moved to MediaCentre XP which was ok. But MediaCentre in Vista really put me off. Can't customise anything, cluttered screen, and to make it worst can't even play my IFO files which was ok in the XP version. Now with MediaPortal, it's like...
That works. I used Meedio for quite a while It was the best at that time. Later moved to MediaCentre XP which was ok. But...
In the online manual, it says: "MediaPortal has eight different sections which can be turned on or off in the configuration...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Weather DE
or read the wiki manual :D
or read the wiki manual :D
Can anyone tell me how to change the default satelite picture in "images" in My Weather to a satelite image of the UK or my area...
Replies
Views
hi, not realy, its just generates a .my file, that can be imported by the myprogramms plugin bundled with MP. Its working fine now, its just the problem that u have to delete the old database für myprogramms. Not worse for me, because i only have on apllication, mykino, worth for people who have setup many more. sloty
hi, not realy, its just generates a .my file, that can be imported by the myprogramms plugin bundled with MP. Its working...
TV-Server Version: 3.0 Build 14788 MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 Build 14788 MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide Windows Version: XP SP2...
Replies
Views
cool thanks guys,the european model it is so,living in ireland so a non-european version would be pretty useless.
cool thanks guys,the european model it is so,living in ireland so a non-european version would be pretty useless.
helloe people,first post so not sure where to put this one. ive only just discovered Media Portal after searching the net...
Replies
Views
For each option (TV, Video, Music, etc) in setup, you just add folders to each. When you open the option in MP you will be shown all of the folders added. For example: In Videos you would see: FolderA, FolderB, FolderC, etc. Hope that helps, Nick Name
For each option (TV, Video, Music, etc) in setup, you just add folders to each. When you open the option in MP you will be shown...
New kid on the block here. After initial setup and searching for media I cannot get to it in MP. I go back to MP setup and can...
Replies
Views
Maybe current SVN has changed compared to version 0.2.2.0 stable? This is the one I am using right now. For the record - I am having a lot of fun with it! Trying to set it up so it works as good as possible for me. I just ordered a USB TV tuner from MSI. Hope to see this supported in the future since it is the only one I have found...
Maybe current SVN has changed compared to version 0.2.2.0 stable? This is the one I am using right now. For the record - I am...
I have tried searching the forum, but could not find anything about writing to an XML file instead of writing to registry (could of...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom