Video-Cards (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
Thanks! end msg
Thanks! end msg
Please excuse me if this question is addressed elsewhere, I searched for 20 minutes and couldn't find the answer... I'm building...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] Catalyst 10.4 DE
10.5 is out by now :)
10.5 is out by now :)
Hi MPClub NewVersion Of Catalyst ( 10.4 ) with support of 5.1 profil H264 Good Movie !!!!
Replies
Views
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! I still plan to start looking for a new motherboard, as my current one prevents me from upgrading my tuner card. I would like to switch to Digital Devices Cine CT, but have no PCI Express slots (other than the x16 slot for the video card). Of course, if the comment about underpowered graphics on...
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! I still plan to start looking for a new motherboard, as my current one prevents me from...
My HD3450 doesn't seem quite able to keep up with HD. I get occasional brief hangs in the picture, as well as the problems reported...
Replies
Views
im on a sempron 2400+ with 512 ram right now and it runs fine. Although I am not using it for tv so I cant comment on that. One thing is, I have a very large music collection and MP is pretty slow when browsing the album art. Not sure if that is the processor or MP tho. Your setup should be fine tho.
im on a sempron 2400+ with 512 ram right now and it runs fine. Although I am not using it for tv so I cant comment on that. One...
I am planning on building a budget media pc for running media portal. I am going for a low end graphics card and cpu. I am...
Replies
Views
but none of those has ANY gaming potential at 1680x1050 you probably need the BEST AGP 8x you can find and still it will be tough
but none of those has ANY gaming potential at 1680x1050 you probably need the BEST AGP 8x you can find and still it will be tough
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help/input in order decide on a new graphics card for my HTPC. First things first. I...
Replies
Views
RC2 should help a bit on that performance are (unless something radical happens).
RC2 should help a bit on that performance are (unless something radical happens).
Hi all I'm currently playing around with a Biostar MB with integrated graphics (ATI HD3300) I can not get 50fps at 1080i :(...
Replies
Views
Updated scripts: There was a timing issue with *_50* and *_24*.
Updated scripts: There was a timing issue with *_50* and *_24*.
Hi! I needed an easy way to switch my desktop settings (1920x1080) between "clone"/"standard" mode and "24p"/"50p", so I wrote...
Replies
Views
You might be able to set the preferred output to VGA in your BIOS. I believe there's a setting for that on my ATI IGP motherboard, so it's worth a look.
You might be able to set the preferred output to VGA in your BIOS. I believe there's a setting for that on my ATI IGP motherboard...
I have NVidia 9500 configured in clone mode for: VGA port - touch screen; DVI port - regular TV; Previously the same configuration...
Replies
Views
Help Is there anyone out there with any ideas? Am I the only person with this problem? Help, please....
Help Is there anyone out there with any ideas? Am I the only person with this problem? Help, please....
In Short: I recently "upgraded" [and by 'upgraded' I mean that I recieved a hand me down] the video card I have in my computer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] HD 3870 TV Out DE
tried to get the remote starting MediaPortal with the mediacenter button couldnt get "mpTray.exe" to work (plugin especially for this) in windows 7 it says "couldnt find mptray.exe", if you are running the install.bat with admin rights anyone that used the grider/MCE plugin to get the remote working, even if MediaPortal isnt the...
tried to get the remote starting MediaPortal with the mediacenter button couldnt get "mpTray.exe" to work (plugin especially for...
Hey all can i use my DVI Out via HDMI to my LCD and having mediaPortal on my TV, while working on my PC? something like...
Replies
Views
These Temperatures are completely fine! https://www.google.de/search?q=temperatures+6450
These Temperatures are completely fine! https://www.google.de/search?q=temperatures+6450
Hi there, as the XFX Ati HD 6450 won't fit into my case (to high), I got myself the Powercolor version of that card. I'm...
Replies
Views
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running, right now the picture shows up on the TV but it can't quite lock correctly. I am pretty sure I have a setting slightly messed up in PowerStrip, can anyone offer advice on what front/back porch and sync...
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running...
This has been my first attempt at deploying MediaPortal, and let me say it's been bumpy at best. I finally have everything working...
Replies
Views
My HD 3870 allows independent refresh rates. AFIK, so do the 3850 and the 4870 and 4850.
My HD 3870 allows independent refresh rates. AFIK, so do the 3850 and the 4870 and 4850.
of doing these on my pick list below? - Primary screen is a computer LCD display - Secondary is composite TV - I'd like to...
Replies
Views
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD 4670, they recommend an HD 4650 but I and many others have had issues with it handling advanced postprocessing such as deinterlacing. I am extremely happy so far and with 24p just about fixed in...
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD...
Interesting article just out ATI Avivo HD + Intel ClearVideo + nVidia Purevideo Blu-ray Done Right: How Does Your Integrated GPU...
Replies
Views
I belive ATi cards are (ATM) more power hungry than nVidia, so there are few (noen?) passive ATi cards. The 7600GS is a good choice, since it supports most PureVideo features: http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html You colud also buy this --> http://vr-zone.com/?i=4692...
I belive ATi cards are (ATM) more power hungry than nVidia, so there are few (noen?) passive ATi cards. The 7600GS is a good...
Hi, I'm looking for a new video card for my desktop PC and need some advice from you hardware gurus ;) Requirements: -AGP...
Replies
Views
Whops pressed thanks! Which codecs do you use for SD?
Whops pressed thanks! Which codecs do you use for SD?
Today I received my new NVidia GT240 card. The good thing is that I have no longer any flickering when displaying any GUI...
Replies
Views
Hi there What frame rate do the source videos have? My personal opinion is that your display (computer screen or TV) refresh rate should always be a multiple of the source content (TV or video) frame rate. In other words, if it were me I would only try and set my TV to 24Hz if the video frame rates are 24fps. My reason for that...
Hi there What frame rate do the source videos have? My personal opinion is that your display (computer screen or TV) refresh rate...
I used to run my videos on my htpc at 1080/60hz. For the most part I could play everything with little problems. A few really high...
Replies
Views
The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor. Only on live TV though, video file playback worked well. Disabling the Dynamic Refresh Rate Control fixed this issue for me. I'm directly connected via HDMI on a Radeon 7870
The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor...
I have a Panasonic 55" plasma connected via hdmi-dvi and a BenQ W1070 connected via hdmi. The displays are recognized by windows...
Replies
Views
just replaced an nvidia 8500 with ATI HD 4350 OC. Plays HD MKV's fine as far as I can tell, with DXVA enabled (using MP and SAF 3.47). Not seen what the last issues were though!
just replaced an nvidia 8500 with ATI HD 4350 OC. Plays HD MKV's fine as far as I can tell, with DXVA enabled (using MP and SAF...
Download If anyone could test if hd mkvs are working again in MediaPortal with Catalyst 9.9 that would be nice.. :]
Replies
Views
A
I think so, yes. Works fine with my gf2mx400, needed latest nvidea drivers though
I think so, yes. Works fine with my gf2mx400, needed latest nvidea drivers though
Can i use Media Portal with this graphic card? nVidia nForce2 IGP (Integrated nForce2 NV18 Graphics Engine (Share memory maximum...
Replies
Views
Hi again Might have been best to post this in your other thread as the topics are very closely related. ;) In any case, my first question would be what refresh rate is your TV set operating at, and does it match the refresh rate of your TV content (presumably 50 Hz since you're in Australia) and movies? Also, have you got VSYNC...
Hi again Might have been best to post this in your other thread as the topics are very closely related. ;) In any case, my...
Hey guys, got a strange issue here. up until now i have been running mediaportal fine, connect via ''ON BOARD'' HDMI to my LED...
Replies
Views
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/
I am looking for recommendations as to what video card I should use for mostly input , I am going to try to record HD signal so I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 card upgrade DE
I'd try changing your sd codes maybe use ffdshow with some post processing.
I'd try changing your sd codes maybe use ffdshow with some post processing.
Hi not been on here for a while which is testoment to how stable MP is! (Touch wood). I have learned a little and now that i am...
Replies
Views
Yes, AFAIK - see ATI Radeon HD 4600 & 4800 series support 7.1 channel HDMI audio! - AVS Forum Note that any DVI-HDMI adaptor must be the ATi version - generic ones won't enable the HDMI audio (you just get the video). Tony
Yes, AFAIK - see ATI Radeon HD 4600 & 4800 series support 7.1 channel HDMI audio! - AVS Forum Note that any DVI-HDMI adaptor...
Can anyone confirm if it's all cards in the ATI 4xxx range that will output 7.1 LPCM via HDMI (either via direct onboard HDMI or...
Replies
Views
No, it should be fine.
No, it should be fine.
Hello, I will change my video card next week (Nvidia 9600GT to ATI HD5770) and I was wondering if I have to re-install MePo after...
Replies
Views
After looking at Nvidia's web site.... your 7600 only does a couple more things than your 6200. I have the straight 6200... i think :) Spatial-Temporal De-Interlacing Bad Edit Correction Inverse Telecine* * Enabling Inverse Telecine, Noise Reduction and Edge Enhancements simultaneously requires additional processing power...
After looking at Nvidia's web site.... your 7600 only does a couple more things than your 6200. I have the straight 6200... i...
My HTPC is based on the AOpen EY855 (SFF) - a beutifull and quiet thing (after changing and modifying the PSU-fan system). ...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New Video Card DE
I take it you require a AGP interface card, which are getting rarer. Why not get a card with TV out, Nvidia many flavours 6200, 7300, 7600GS, these are most probably the highest spec ones, you will be able to get that do not have fans, and use passive cooling. ATI radeon 9550, X1500, X1600, Problem found here, very little...
I take it you require a AGP interface card, which are getting rarer. Why not get a card with TV out, Nvidia many flavours 6200...
I am about to upgrade my main computer and as a result hand down the existing components to my Media PC. Hopefully it will speed...
Replies
Views
As far as I know, none of the current Nvidia cards support bitstreaming of HD audio formats (ie TruHD), which is the advantage of the current ATI cards (5xxx). Both cards however can decode to 8 channel LPCM, which is lossless and theoretically the exact same quality. The difference lies in whether the computer decodes or your...
As far as I know, none of the current Nvidia cards support bitstreaming of HD audio formats (ie TruHD), which is the advantage of...
Oy Mates I have the past few days been trying to find out what my next new mediacentre gfx should be. Currently my setup is...
Replies
Views
you say divx and sutch..... are you watching H.264 or X.264 encoded movies.... it is my understanding (Please correct me and teach me how) that x.264 is not possible to get hardware supported playback. So what you need is not a powerfull GFX, but a powerfull CPU. If you are playing H.264 there is allot of cards out there that...
you say divx and sutch..... are you watching H.264 or X.264 encoded movies.... it is my understanding (Please correct me and...
I am currently using a 7900GTX for my HTPC. It is my understanding that much of the video processing with this card is done by the...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
for 23.976 perfect playback, in my case, nvidia with custom resolution/hertz is the way to go.
for 23.976 perfect playback, in my case, nvidia with custom resolution/hertz is the way to go.
I look for a completley new HTPC. The price does not matter. Want to Use the OrigenAE S14V. First I want to get a Intel Ivy Bridge...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom