20-30% processor usage while idle (2 Viewers)

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
Hello,

I have 1GHz P3 configuration and in task manager it shows 20 to 30% processor usage while MP runs idle in main menu. Is it normal? Does anybody knows anything about it?

thanx

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
hm... it shouldn't ... I have 150MCE analog tv card, so no grabbing from tv stream... and about web epg I download xmtv file every day at 17:00, so it shouldn't be problem... to be more precise have to say that MediaPortal process is causing 20-30% processor load, not some unknown process...

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
ok, no it is not the problem... I know when it is importing because processor load then goes to 100% :) I'll try to disable plugins one by one and hopefully will find one which is causing the processor load.
Strange is that I have reinstalled system several times and I was using .2RC1 and now .2RC2 and this processor load is the same all the time.

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
ok... it seams that if I turn off external display plugin then processor load drops to 2-5%...

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    jdivic said:
    ok... it seams that if I turn off external display plugin then processor load drops to 2-5%...

Why don't you provide your computer's configuration and run the support tool and post that info along with your computer's config?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
    Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
    Hello, DFS.AGENT.WinService uses 100% of CPU usage on windows 10 Laptop. So the CPU fan always runs to refresh the CPU. What is...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom