AEON 2 port? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great news. Is there any way of figuring out how to get rounded covers in MP? I remember someone mentioning the color diffuse or something like that. I wonder how is this done in Bleazle skin (the cd) for example:

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture312-nowplaying.jpg

Emph

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So you are really gonna do this port, PR?
    And in 1920x1080? (Pretty please)
    I'm still in two minds about what res to use.... It would be a lot easier to use Monochrome as a base (that's what the screenshots are using), or B3W for that matter. If I was to go 1080p (my htpc native res), it would be a lot of work - basically starting from scratch. Let me know what you guys think?

...and please try to keep the round corners in!
    I'll try, just used simple squares for my little version I was playing with yesterday.

:D

It's gonna take quite some time either way.

Cheers
    Darren

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm still in two minds about what res to use.... It would be a lot easier to use Monochrome as a base (that's what the screenshots are using), or B3W for that matter. If I was to go 1080p (my htpc native res), it would be a lot of work - basically starting from scratch. Let me know what you guys think?

I would raise my hand up to the 1080P version, my native res as well - On one hand think it would good to start from scratch on the other the current skin engine will limit the port so is it worth the time..how close is MPII I wonder...

Cheers

Trevor

dreamdx

Portal Member
    October 3, 2008
    I would still prefer 1366 (monochrome) since im using 2 720p lcds at their native res :D
    Wouldnt it be alot easier to first do the 1366 version, and then convert it to 1080p ?
    I dont know how the MP skin-engine actually works since i hate xml and never tried to really get into it, but wouldnt you only need to edit all xml files and convert the x/y coordinates and picture sizes by a certain factor to get 1080p ? Number of rows etc shouldnt be that big of a problem and could easily be edited by a bunch of people so yo dont need to work on the 1080p alone.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Doesn't 720p skins upscale to 1080p just fine? And with this skin, being so backdrop oriented, then GUI objects wouldn't be as noticeably scaled anyway, right? As long as all backdrops are 1080p?

Do you plan on porting the view select screen as well? Up for list, down for poster, left for small icons and right for large icons or something like that? That should be doable with a plugin, right?

Emph

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i'd port this skin, then when mpII comes out, i'd start from scratch with full 1080p goodness.

i'm with emph though, i've got all my backdrops in 1080p, and i'm certain that will be the most important part when it comes to picture quality.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If I got it right, skinning for MP2 is not dependent on resolution (vector based), although aspect rate would probably matter.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Is it possible to get that cd case effect from the bleazle skin and integrate it with streamedmp?

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great news. Is there any way of figuring out how to get rounded covers in MP? I remember someone mentioning the color diffuse or something like that. I wonder how is this done in Bleazle skin (the cd) for example:

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture312-nowplaying.jpg

Emph

It´s nothing from the bleazle skin, thats original Blue3 Stuff.
    I have put the cover for the cd there in a way something like a sandwich. I have put the cd cover in Background and the real background has a round hole. So it looks like the cd is real round coverd.
    28352d1225493989-blue3-wide-current-version-01-11-2008-nowplaying.png

That is something we can not do with filmstripview or else because the postion is allways changing.

Greetings Harley :)

Users who are viewing this thread