BlueTwo reskinned for 1280x720 (mp .2.0.4) (1 Viewer)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    thanks daphatty. looks like the devs were working overtime, they snuck the dynamic views into the mytv section in the last cvs release. look for an update that works with the new mp release sometime late on sunday.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Boilermaker said:
    because there are going to be some fairly big changes in the next release of mp, i've been using the cvs versions, and here is the bluetwo skin i've been using. this skin should also be ok when mp 0.1.2.0 comes out on saturday.

Great, the widescreen skin is ready before the release! Thanks for the nice work, I will test it this evening (I was late on the new release, I just installed it yesterday ;-) ). I will send word if all is OK.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    sorry for the confusion...the link in the first post of this thread contains versions for mp releases and of right now that is the most current version of the skin, which is why the cvs directory is empty at the moment. i probably wont have a cvs version for a couple of weeks after each mp release (or if i notice a significant change in the bluetwo skin in the cvs version), since most of what is done to mp in that time are small bug fixes.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Boilermaker said:
    sorry for the confusion...the link in the first post of this thread contains versions for mp releases and of right now that is the most current version of the skin, which is why the cvs directory is empty at the moment. i probably wont have a cvs version for a couple of weeks after each mp release (or if i notice a significant change in the bluetwo skin in the cvs version), since most of what is done to mp in that time are small bug fixes.

I thought so as well, so I downloaded BlueTwo1280x720-20050507.zip and unzipped it to the skins folder, but alas I could not select it? Maybe I missed something?

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i erased the skin on my htpc, downloaded it from the server, unzipped it and it worked. my first thought was that you may have unzipped it to the wrong place, but you say you put it in the skins folder.

in case for some reason it was a bad archive, i've uploaded a second, slightly newer version to the ftp server. if anybody else is having the same problem as mbuzina, please send me a pm. thanks.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, now it is OK! Maybe I did something wrong, but with your new file it works as a charm.

Thanks very much, I do like the BlueTwo best and I needed (as in the explanation) a widescreen one. :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

How do I download this widescreen skin? When I click on the link, i can't access the file as it is on an FTP site which won't allow me access.
    I think the bluetwo skin is great but the distorted icons on the normal skin detract from it when using 1280x720.

Regards
    DD

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    DigitalDevo,
    there are no permissions set or restrictions that i know of on the ftp site, i cant think of a reason you would be denied access. i'll have a few friends access the ftp server and see if they can duplicate what you are experiencing. in the mean time, if you have an email address capable of receiving a 4.2mb attachment, pm it to me and i'll email you the zip file.

thiskl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2005
    Perth, Western Australia
    Home Country
    Boilermaker said:
    DigitalDevo,
    there are no permissions set or restrictions that i know of on the ftp site, i cant think of a reason you would be denied access. i'll have a few friends access the ftp server and see if they can duplicate what you are experiencing. in the mean time, if you have an email address capable of receiving a 4.2mb attachment, pm it to me and i'll email you the zip file.

I found that I have to specify the explicit file name in the URL.

For example, this works ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/BlueTwo1280x720/BlueTwo1280x720-20050507.zip

Where this doesn't ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/BlueTwo1280x720/

I found the filename by chance in another post.

Boilermaker, Any chance you could PM me the file name for the 0.1.2.0 version of "mce1280x720"?

Many thanks, keep up the great work.

Users who are viewing this thread