BlueTwo reskinned for 1280x720 (mp .2.0.4) (1 Viewer)

GDive

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
London, UK
Motion blur delay

Hi

I'm new to this so I'll give whatever details I can here. I've found a problem while playing a video file using the new Bluetwo 1280X720 050510. It manifests itself when I fast forward an XVID clip (haven't tried other types yet) the numbers representing the time index at the bottom left of the screen blur and overlap as if it's not refreshing. I can email a screenshot to someone if it would help.

Really excellent Skin and great prog. When I have time I'll submit some of the other bugs I've found.

Later

If it helps

ATi Radeon X800 Pro AGP Catalyst 5.4 drivers
MediaPortal 0.1.2.0
DirectX9.0C
Windows XP SP2
Cole2K codec pack configured for Cyberlink DVB with all codecs except the Microsoft VCM9.

Hope that helps

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    GDive...i tried to duplicate your error, the number skipped (going from like 5:04 to 5:06 to 5:08, etc.), but i didnt get any blur. however, what i did realize is there is supposed to be a background behind that time index and progress bar, which will be fixed in tne next release.

i'm not familiar with the codec pack you listed, but my experience with codec packs is that they cause more trouble than their worth. i've been able to play most anything with ffdshow, dscaler and the nvidia codecs for dvds.

i'll keep trying to cause the same effect, and see what i can find out. please keep posting errors, i dont get to mp enough to find them all, anything feedback i get is very helpful.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I've updated the skin slightly...changes include:
    • correcting the lack of background for the OSD in full screen video
    • enlarged the file, video, artist, album and picture osds, and moved them away from the top right part of the screen
    • added xml files for PVR Scheduler
    • added and extra tvguide that will display more channels at once
    in order to use the different tvguide, rename the file called mytvguide-15.xml to mytvguide. the new file displays 15 channels at once (as opposed to 10), but does not use the tv icons. i can add the tv icons, but they would be fairly small (24x24, instead of 32x32).

if there are any other plugins you would like me to include, or have reskinned bluetwo for already, please pm me or reply to this thread, and i'll add them.

nigel_williams

Portal Member
    May 28, 2005
    Just wanted to add my thanks for a great skin. My display is native 1280x720 (it's a Sagem HD-D45 DLP TV) so having the extra lines/space in the EPG is real advantage.

Keep up the good work

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    thanks nigel.

also, for those who use the cvs versions of mp, they've made big enough changes for me to update the skin and upload it to the cvs directory of my ftp server.

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Thats some nice work there Boilermaker... CVS version is working well for me in 0.1.3.0 pre.

I haven't thoroughly tested the skin so haven't got much feedback to give but one very minor issue i have is this:

In MyTV, if you select the TV Window by scrolling across to the right from the menu, you don't get a green box around the window indicating that it is selected. Once selected you can press Enter ('OK' button on my MCE Remote) to send the TV full-screen. Other users in my household not so familar with MP get a little lost when 'nothing' is selected (and they don't know/remember all the remote button shortcuts). I usually find they hand the remote to me in frustation - maybe not such a bad thing actually :wink:

It's not a newly introduced problem, previous versions also exhibited that behaviour.

Thanks again, an integral piece of my HTPC puzzle!!!

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    bombonator, on the very first screen of the mytv section, right? easy fix, i'll make the change and you'll see a new version in the cvs folder on the ftp server very soon. i meant to upload something new anyway, i havent updated it in a while.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i've added a new version of the skin to the cvs folder on the ftp server. bombonator, i think the navigation was working correctly, i was missing a graphic that highlighted the video window that showed when you could hit enter and go full screen. if there are any other errors or things that need to be changed, please let me know. i use a mouse to navigate mp most of the time, so i wouldnt be surprised if there werent a few more screens that needed the navigation tweaked.

Users who are viewing this thread