BlueTwo reskinned for 1280x720 (mp .2.0.4) (2 Viewers)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I am no longer supporting this skin, it has been superseded by the default widescreen skin that is part of the mp installation.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    In the video section no video is shown...

Could you give me a little more detail? I'm not sure if you mean that the little preview window in the bottom left hand corner isnt working, or if you play a movie in full screen nothing happens or something else doesnt work. Was the blue two skin updated with the new cvs also, and if it wasnt does the same problem occur?

i'm using mp 0.1.1.1; its not surprising that something may not work with a cvs version. hopefully with some more detail on the problem i can correct it now. but there is a possibilty that a change in mp itself is causing the problem, at which point i would wait for the new release to correct.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    After installing one of the CVS versions released on 4/24, it looks like mp is going to handle how the music and video sectons switch between views, and how those views are going to work. I noticed some of the things included blue two skin also dont work perfectly. After playing with the xml files for a bit, i was able to make the navigation work properly (i think, not sure what the developers have in mind for the new release), however the media file lisitngs still dont always show up. This could very easliy be a result of the next version not being finished as much as it is the skin not being compatible with the new version. It wasnt a total loss, i did get some insight on what needs to be done when the next version of mp comes out. However i'm not going to try to fix anything at this time to work with a CVS version, the changes could be too much to keep up with.

EDIT: As far as i can tell, the new cvs versions only use 2 or 3 xml files instead of the 6 or 7 files for the video and music sections in previous versions of mp If there is anybody else that can confirm this (harley?, elow?), let me know.

I've uploaded edited files to the cvs directory under the BlueTwo directory for anybody who is using a cvs version and wants to try this skin. Just replace the files with the ones in cvs directory, and things should work ok.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    AFAIK, devs are making dynamic view:s for music etc. It is something that user can creaqte their own view with config app.

Still in quite early stages. There will be changes to xml and code before next release.

CoolHammer

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    thanks for the info. they've already made some changes to the cvs blue two skin, and used that to figure out what the devs were up to. not sure if i like the new way things are being handled...but thats for a different thread.

uploaded a few screenshots....

home-s.jpg

Larger Image: ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/BlueTwo1280x720/screenshot/home.jpg

video-s.jpg

Larger Image: ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/BlueTwo1280x720/screenshot/video.jpg

there are a couple more in the screenshot directory on the FTP server

MonteGoulding

Portal Member
    April 24, 2005
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Hi

I'm not sure I understand why we need a different skin for 1280x720. I'm using the standard BlueTwo skin on my plasma and the only issue I see is the plugin icons on the main screen are a little stretched. Wouldn't it be simpler to modify the code to always use a fixed ratio on images when scaling to fit screens than producing different skins for each screen size?

Cheers

Monte

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MonteGoulding said:
    I'm not sure I understand why we need a different skin for 1280x720. I'm using the standard BlueTwo skin on my plasma and the only issue I see is the plugin icons on the main screen are a little stretched. Wouldn't it be simpler to modify the code to always use a fixed ratio on images when scaling to fit screens than producing different skins for each screen size?

Well, having 1280x720 gives you much more display space. It allows you to have more columns in a list, see more information per page etc. It is not only an issue of streched images. But one thing you say is true, icons & images should usually not be streched out of aspect (looks just bad).

So please keep up the good work, I do prefer Blue2 to the MCE skin and I would like to have your 1280x720 version. But since I am already using the CVS Version, I will have to wait....

I would offer some help, but I am no Photoshopper, and that seems to be your need.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    thankd you mbuzina, i was looking for a good way to explain the purpose of the skins, and you hit the nail on the head.

because there are going to be some fairly big changes in the next release of mp, i've been using the cvs versions, and here is the bluetwo skin i've been using. this skin should also be ok when mp 0.1.2.0 comes out on saturday.

ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/BlueTwo1280x720/cvs/

as always, please post any bugs you find, and thanks again.

daphatty

April 16, 2005
    This is hands down my favorite skin of ANY PVR software currently available. Hopefully, the MP devs will start optimizing the code to make MP more efficient performance wise and I might start using it regularly. Well, that and the TV guide needs work but I digress...

This skin is excellent for those of us with widescreen aspect ratios. Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread