Can I command other devices from HTPC? (1 Viewer)

evgeninikolo

Portal Member
March 9, 2007
Germany
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
Hi,

Is it possible to command my AV receiver or TV set from Mediaportal? What kind of hardware can I use? I saw already the advertisement of IR-Blaster but it is way from may budget (not more than 40 eur).

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm... the MCE-remote w/IR-blaster must cost somewhere around 40 euro? It is cheaper that that in Norway, and we are a high-price country.

Easiest and cheapest way is to get a hold of a universal remote (if you don't have a STB)

druffski

Portal Member
    May 2, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    I recently purchased an MCE remote, and it came with two IR blaster cables to control devices like TV, stereo, etc.

I paid AUD$40, so you should be able to get the MCE remote for EUR20.

The bonus is that the device works straight away with MediaPortal. If you use the MCEPlugin for MediaPortal, you should then be able to control the other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
    I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
    Replies
    Views
    @Pablik do you have commits available for IR Server, github repo already available https://github.com/MediaPortal/IR-Server-Suite
    @Pablik do you have commits available for IR Server, github repo already available https://github.com/MediaPortal/IR-Server-Suite
    I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Bitstreaming E-AC3 DE
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI. I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom