[Approved] Closed Captions support for DVD (1 Viewer)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Because of feature freeze patch is the easiest way for people in need to have this included. This patch will enable CC for DVD. Enjoy.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    I would like to test this patch and report back my findings here

I'm not sure what involve on my end to add a patch or is this something that needs to be compiled with the current svn?

Vff

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Manfred,

if you don't mind me asking... how is this patch enable the CC for DVD ?
    all is this doing is allow pin connection to line21 in the graph ? or is this via remote ?

Vff (can't read codes)
    :confused:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Manfred: Your DVD CC patch compiled by Deda works perfectly fine, thank you!! I hope time will come and one day you will write a similar patch for TV.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Team ! and congrats Deda on your membership !

It feels like I've gone into my parent's closet and took a sneek peek at the xmas gifts.

question: could this be controlled (on/off) via the remote and something the skinners would need to know/do?

also a comment about greybox's TV CC.. I think that needs a new thread and I fully agree.

Vff

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    question: could this be controlled (on/off) via the remote and something the skinners would need to know/do?

Currently, no, but I will try to see with devs with more experience in skin related coding. Sure it will be nice feature so you don't need to mess with config if you wish to turn it off.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Currently, no, but I will try to see with devs with more experience in skin related coding. Sure it will be nice feature so you don't need to mess with config if you wish to turn it off.

Depends if the CC filter has an interface where the subtitles can be disabled / enabled. Otherwise it would require graph stopping and reconfiguring.

Not sire if we need anu skin changes, since CC could be threaded as a subtitle (unless CC and normal DVD subtitles can coexists).

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

(unless CC and normal DVD subtitles can coexists).

I have seen outside and inside MP that subtitles and CC could be displayed together when both are set to be used. (CC is displayed on top of the subtitle.)

not sure if this is what you re asking

Vff

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

(unless CC and normal DVD subtitles can coexists).

I have seen outside and inside MP that subtitles and CC could be displayed together when both are set to be used. (CC is displayed on top of the subtitle.)

In that case it would require completely own enable / disable control.

Users who are viewing this thread