[confirm] Coverflow - only mask showing (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'll check tomorrow when I have access to the XP machine again and post back :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK, uninstalled MP totally, compiled installer from SVN 26627, installed with default settings, chose Coverflow as view, same problem.

Logs from Debug attached, but no sign of any problems in them :(

Attachments

• coverflow.png
      coverflow.png
      415.8 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have no idea if this is related, but after 8-9 seconds of playing music, my log is fillede with the last message in this part:

2010-11-01 10:19:49.765625 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.Play(C:\MP3\Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night\[NoDRM]-TDCPLAY_Kings_Of_Leon_Only_By_The_Night_3_Sex_On_Fire.wma Unknown)
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.796875 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Loading external players plugins
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.812500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: found plugin:MediaPortal.FoobarPlugin.FoobarPlugin in C:\Programmer\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\ExternalPlayers.dll
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.812500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: player:Foobar2000. author: int_20h/rtv
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.812500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: found plugin:MediaPortal.ITunesPlayer.ITunesPlugin in C:\Programmer\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\ExternalPlayers.dll
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.812500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: player:iTunes. author: Frodo
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.812500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: found plugin:MediaPortal.WinampPlayer.WinampPlugin in C:\Programmer\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\ExternalPlayers.dll
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.812500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: player:Winamp. author: int_20h
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.828125 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Initializing BASS audio engine...
    2010-11-01 10:19:49.828125 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Using default Sound Device
    2010-11-01 10:19:51.000000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Initialization done.
    2010-11-01 10:19:51.140625 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: BASS: playback started
    2010-11-01 10:19:51.156250 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() C:\MP3\Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night\[NoDRM]-TDCPLAY_Kings_Of_Leon_Only_By_The_Night_3_Sex_On_Fire.wma media:Music
    2010-11-01 10:19:59.375000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Der er fejl i programmet.
    -2005530585 (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    ved MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You should wait for the OFFICIAL release and do a clean install with that.
    Still crashes, I can get it to create same music-play-error, but by dragging the application between screens.

Would be nice if someone with an XP machine could INSTALL MP 1.2.0 Alpha and check it. I don't believe in virtual machines ;)

Oh...and the Coverflow is still missing the covers, only reflections are seen.

Logs attached.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Still crashes, I can get it to create same music-play-error, but by dragging the application between screens.

Would be nice if someone with an XP machine could INSTALL MP 1.2.0 Alpha and check it. I don't believe in virtual machines ;)
    Not sure what you are saying is the problem. I am playing music on XP with no errors. Are you doing anything other than selecting music? I take it this is in debug mode so no extra plugins etc? Are you using any DSPs or Vizualisations? Also I notice this is a WMA file, do you get the same with others (MP3, FLAC etc) ?

Working fine here on XP :confused:

Edit: How big are you music thumbs?
    Edit2: Does coverflow work fine in videos?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Not sure what you are saying is the problem. I am playing music on XP with no errors. Are you doing anything other than selecting music?
    He has MP running windowed mode and moves the window between 2 monitors/screens.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Coverflow upside down?

Not sure what you are saying is the problem. I am playing music on XP with no errors. Are you doing anything other than selecting music? I take it this is in debug mode so no extra plugins etc? Are you using any DSPs or Vizualisations? Also I notice this is a WMA file, do you get the same with others (MP3, FLAC etc) ?

Working fine here on XP :confused:

The problem is that:

1. playing music (WMA, MP3, same same) crashes MediaPortal, I can do this by moving the windowed application from one screen to another. The log is filled with D3D errors like this:

Code:
    2010-11-01 10:19:59.375000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception er er fejl i programmet.
    -2005530585 (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    ved Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    ved MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

2. Coverflow looks like the screenshots I have posted.

Clean installed MediaPortal 1.2.0 Alpha, B3W as skin, no extra plugins, running in Debug mode.

I have used MediaPortal on this machine for ages for testing purposes, and I have never had it crash because I move it between screens.

I'll try and download and install 1.1.1 and check against this version.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Coverflow upside down?

1. playing music (WMA, MP3, same same) crashes MediaPortal, I can do this by moving the windowed application from one screen to another. The log is filled with D3D errors like this:
    OK I don't have multiple screens to test this :(
    Does this happen on all views or just coverflow? (or does this happen if even on home page?)

2. Coverflow looks like the screenshots I have posted.
    Odd I could post a screenshot from my XP machine but it will just look like you expect... I take if filmstrip is still working fine and it is just coverflow?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Aren't the D3D errors down to the fact that on WindowsXP, the secondary screen can NOT do hardware acceleration?

Users who are viewing this thread