dvb-t epg (1 Viewer)

tomtototm

July 21, 2005
Got the same Problem here: I could grab manually in the old version, but since MP fetches the Data in background, I get nothing.
Log says that EPG parser is startet but without results.

Trying Webepg for now...

H

harpers

frodo said:

3. a transport stream only contains EPG for a few tv channels

This isn't true, at least in the UK. Every mux carries all EPG data for every other mux.

Most set-top boxes will populate the EPG for the whole week for all TV/radio channels/stations within a minute or two after being switched on without having to change channels. Pace STB's work in a similar way to MP, they tune to each mux in turn to grab the listings.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The UK DVB-T broadcast EPG also has info for eight days , the MP grabber only grabs three days if it grabs anything at all .

Confirmed each MUX carries all EPG data for all broadcast MUX channels .

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    harpers are you experiencing same problem with MP and EPG in regarding to getting full listing for most channels?

AS

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    London, UK
    @harpers

I never thought about this but I think you might be right - when I was running Showshifter for a while it used to grab ALL the epg for 8 days within seconds of starting without having to change channels :?

BTW. I also had major problems with the BBC EPG in MP but works beter for me in the final release.

oil

Portal Member
    April 1, 2005
    Jyväskylä
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    mPod said:
    Callifo said:
    What if you are using xmltv for dvb cards? Does it ignore the dvb epg then because it already has an epg?
    Simple as that: If the entry already exists, it's not added by the dvb epg grabber. No matter if the entry is from dvb or from xmltv or from webepg or whatever. :wink:

I'm still wondering how MP will handle multilingual channels.
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=46148#46148
    In my Humax set topbox handles this fine. Displayed EPG language is same as user interface language set by user.

Other thing I wonder is that is anybody getting DVB-T EPG grabbed reliably (all channels all the time)? Here in forum there are many open threads conserning difficultyes to get EPG grabbed.

irrotational

Portal Member
    May 17, 2005
    @scuitand(?) I have the same problem as you - even if I watch BBC channels the epg does not get the data (but it does for ITV channels) and also it's only for 2-3 days not the 8 that people are talking about.

N

niai

I did a quick test and installed Showshifter on my Mediaportal P.C. and I was very impressed by both the responsiveness when changing TV channels and the speed at which the EPG was populated for all channels. I look forward to Mediaportal emulating and exceeding this. Bring on the CVS releases :).

R

RossTilley

Dazzyb2K3 said:
    @harpers

I never thought about this but I think you might be right - when I was running Showshifter for a while it used to grab ALL the epg for 8 days within seconds of starting without having to change channels :?

BTW. I also had major problems with the BBC EPG in MP but works beter for me in the final release.

I am still having problems getting the EPG Data. Is there any way to force MP to get the info?

Ross

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    London, UK
    I don't think so. I have to wait aprrox 20 mins (while watching a channel on that mux) and the BBC info eventually turns up (didn't work at all in previous versions).

However, I still use XMLTV as I don't like being dependant on having to watch the channel to get the info and it gives better listings anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread