Feature Requests & Bug Reports (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Of course

However, after the error', the basishome has a size of 0 byte, so included the other basis home file (There was 3 located in the folder (Basichome, BasicHome.xml_2009_8_31_12_33_09 & BasicHome.xml_2009_8_31_12_33_17, but both the first and the last is empty) :confused:

Edit: If it is any help, i recreated the problem, while having MediaPortal Logs Collector up and running. Hopefully, this gives you any clue about whats happening...

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml_2009_8_31_12_33_09.xml
      30.7 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Spannari,

Thank you but I find noting in these files. Can you please goto your start button in Windows and goto "Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\User Files", then look for the file xfactor.xml and attach it to your post.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I think I have found the error (not 100% sure but are testing). In your xfactor.xml file it say "Music & Radio" for menuText2Name. It should say "Music & Radio" because the menu editor should replace the & sign (that is not a valid xml character) with "&". I will look into why this is not replaced in your file...

cheers
    cul8er

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi cul8er!

Can you have a look at my "myLyrics" plugin screenshot? The Wide mode is activated and, as you can see, the image isn't as it should be. The right hand of the screen should disappear (album cover, audio track info, next song...) in order to see only the lyrics.

Do you understand me? (If not, I will try to explain it in a different way)

Thanks for all your work ;)

Regards,

Aitor

Attachments

• MyLyrics bug.JPG
      MyLyrics bug.JPG
      155.8 KB

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hm... As far as i am concerned, i haven't changed any values there... (At least i don't think so)
    What i however has changed, is i menu 1, Pictures, where i have made it an Exit menu...

But will be looking forward to see what you come up with.
    Thanks in advance!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Spannari,

Now I have found the error. Had nothing to do with the & sign. The error is that in menu 1 you have stated that the menu picture (the menu 1 Image Name) is called "Exit". Here you have to have a real image like in the other menues (menu_music.png, menu_shutdown.png). I will add a check in the menu editor so this error will be stopped and a dialog box will be presented.

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi bodiroga,

The lyrics plugin does not support Wide mode at the moment.

cheers
    cul8er

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sounds mysteriously that this should be causing all this, as i have been having this changed for around a month without anything...
    The names i used for the menu 1, was the names that the Exit provided it self (shutdownbg & Exit)...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Spannari,

It is not the submenu that is wrong it is the first of your six main menues. The field for Image Name must be a name of a picture and have a "dot" or extension. You had the value Exit here but it must be like exit.png or exit.jpg (if you want to show the picture exit.png for the first main menu). Because of a bug in the menu editor not checking that you enter a valid filename here it just crashed (because it does a substing on the dot) and generates an empty basichome... sorry for this but I have corrected it and I will include it in next version of this skin.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread