Feature Requests & Bug Reports | Page 32

Discussion in 'X-Factor' started by cul8er, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghanz

ghanz Portal Pro

Pilot
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cul8er,

what an awsome skin, really this is the shit. Got used to playing with it. I only have found 1 bug (sorry in advance for not posting a screenshot, since mce keyboard does not provide me with the option). I will borrow a keyboard later.

If I select a programm in the tv guide, for warning or recording, it overlays the top bar of the page on top of the recording page topbar, resulting in a clutter of letters. I will try my best to cypher thru the code (which is new for me) and come up with a solution.

other than this: I fancy a slick exterior and you have just hit the nail on the head. The skin is fast, easy to use and looks amazing. Oh yeah you made it customable. Thanx and keep you posted:thx

posted the screenshot!

Attached Files:

• Topbar.JPG
      Topbar.JPG
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 1, 2009
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cul8er
    • Team MediaPortal

cul8er Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +2,698 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ghanz,

Thank you for your nice feedback. About the issue you reported I have good news. This is allready solved in the version that I will release today or tomorrow.

best regards
    cul8er

• Like Like x 2
  4. dreesje

dreesje Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Moving-pictures list-view

Hello Cul8er,

First I want to say I'm a very happy X-factor user. Especially the possibilty to select different basichome screens is fantastic.
    What I'd like to ask is if there's a possibilty that the moving-pictures list-view can be changed/adapted.
    The reason for this is that I think there's a very lot of information on this screen.

I think it would be nicer to have some detailed information not on this screen,but only on the detailed view. This way you can show more of the fanart and the screen will also be less crowdy. So only the Plot and the runtime on this view. As an example of what I mean I included the moving pictures list view of StreamedMp, that I like very much.

Kind regards,
    Dreesje

Attached Files:

5. cul8er
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +2,698 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi dreesje,

Thank you for your feedback. I will see if I can add a few different layouts for Moving Pictures (all views) and TVSeries (all views). I think the concept with being able to change the home page can be applied everywhere. So I will first do some different layouts for some of the Moving picture and TVSeries views and then add functionality to the menu layout plugin so it can be used for this as well.

Will take some time but I will include it as soon as it is ready.

cheers
    cul8er

6. emphatic
    • Team MediaPortal

emphatic Design Group

Surface treatment
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 2
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    While this sounds awesome, I really hope you take some time to figure out how to incorporate it really intuitively. Perhaps you'll need a "X-Factor.Customize.xml" where you have options for each section, just like the built in settings all skins have. This would of course be very easy to find, but should be easy to deactivate as well in the Configuration, without the applied settings go missing. Also, if you have a configurable plugin, there could be radio boxes where you can select all the options you want to be visible at all times in the "X-Factor.Customize.xml".

[ ] Enable Moving Pictures customization
    [x] Enable TV-Series customization
    [x] Enable Basic Home customization
    Etc.

:D
    Emph

7. ysmp
    • Team MediaPortal

ysmp Design Group

Ratings:
    +789 / 1
    Home Country:
    South Korea South Korea
    That Sound like a Rally Great add on ,to the skin :D

8. dreesje

dreesje Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D Cul8er. This sounds really great !!! I also like the ideas in emphatic's reply.
    Of course I realize that ideas can be fantastic, but implementing is a different story, so I hope something like this will be possible in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Dreesje

9. damaster

damaster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    +1

I use the large thumbs view in X-factor because I don't like the list view, but I used to love the list view of StreamedMP.

10. Atreides

Atreides Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey cul8er I love this skin. Moving pictures is what won me over. I was wondering if someone could work on a myemulators skin that used fanart or a screenshotfor each game/system. I know they have some cool stuff going on at streamedMP and I would love it if something like that came with x-factor. Thanks

11. cul8er
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +2,698 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Atreides,

The current myemulator plugin supports fanart. Please put your fanart for games in this folder and name it exactly as the title of the game and it will show in MP.
    Animations\emulator\nameofyourgame.jpg

best regards
    cul8er

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!