Feature Requests & Bug Reports (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghanz

Portal Pro
September 18, 2007
Ouderkerk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Cul8er,

what an awsome skin, really this is the shit. Got used to playing with it. I only have found 1 bug (sorry in advance for not posting a screenshot, since mce keyboard does not provide me with the option). I will borrow a keyboard later.

If I select a programm in the tv guide, for warning or recording, it overlays the top bar of the page on top of the recording page topbar, resulting in a clutter of letters. I will try my best to cypher thru the code (which is new for me) and come up with a solution.

other than this: I fancy a slick exterior and you have just hit the nail on the head. The skin is fast, easy to use and looks amazing. Oh yeah you made it customable. Thanx and keep you posted:thx

posted the screenshot!

Attachments

• Topbar.JPG
    Topbar.JPG
    75.1 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ghanz,

Thank you for your nice feedback. About the issue you reported I have good news. This is allready solved in the version that I will release today or tomorrow.

best regards
    cul8er

dreesje

Portal Member
    March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Moving-pictures list-view

Hello Cul8er,

First I want to say I'm a very happy X-factor user. Especially the possibilty to select different basichome screens is fantastic.
    What I'd like to ask is if there's a possibilty that the moving-pictures list-view can be changed/adapted.
    The reason for this is that I think there's a very lot of information on this screen.

I think it would be nicer to have some detailed information not on this screen,but only on the detailed view. This way you can show more of the fanart and the screen will also be less crowdy. So only the Plot and the runtime on this view. As an example of what I mean I included the moving pictures list view of StreamedMp, that I like very much.

Kind regards,
    Dreesje

Attachments

• StreamedMP_MovingPicturesListFanart.jpg
      StreamedMP_MovingPicturesListFanart.jpg
      326.6 KB
    • XFactor_moving_pictures_listview.jpg
      XFactor_moving_pictures_listview.jpg
      291.5 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi dreesje,

Thank you for your feedback. I will see if I can add a few different layouts for Moving Pictures (all views) and TVSeries (all views). I think the concept with being able to change the home page can be applied everywhere. So I will first do some different layouts for some of the Moving picture and TVSeries views and then add functionality to the menu layout plugin so it can be used for this as well.

Will take some time but I will include it as soon as it is ready.

cheers
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi dreesje,

Thank you for your feedback. I will see if I can add a few different layouts for Moving Pictures (all views) and TVSeries (all views). I think the concept with being able to change the home page can be applied everywhere. So I will first do some different layouts for some of the Moving picture and TVSeries views and then add functionality to the menu layout plugin so it can be used for this as well.

cheers
    cul8er

While this sounds awesome, I really hope you take some time to figure out how to incorporate it really intuitively. Perhaps you'll need a "X-Factor.Customize.xml" where you have options for each section, just like the built in settings all skins have. This would of course be very easy to find, but should be easy to deactivate as well in the Configuration, without the applied settings go missing. Also, if you have a configurable plugin, there could be radio boxes where you can select all the options you want to be visible at all times in the "X-Factor.Customize.xml".

[ ] Enable Moving Pictures customization
    [x] Enable TV-Series customization
    [x] Enable Basic Home customization
    Etc.

:D
    Emph

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi dreesje,

cheers
    cul8er

That Sound like a Rally Great add on ,to the skin :D

dreesje

Portal Member
    March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi dreesje,

cheers
    cul8er

:D Cul8er. This sounds really great !!! I also like the ideas in emphatic's reply.
    Of course I realize that ideas can be fantastic, but implementing is a different story, so I hope something like this will be possible in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Dreesje

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello Cul8er,

First I want to say I'm a very happy X-factor user. Especially the possibilty to select different basichome screens is fantastic.
    What I'd like to ask is if there's a possibilty that the moving-pictures list-view can be changed/adapted.
    The reason for this is that I think there's a very lot of information on this screen.

I think it would be nicer to have some detailed information not on this screen,but only on the detailed view. This way you can show more of the fanart and the screen will also be less crowdy. So only the Plot and the runtime on this view. As an example of what I mean I included the moving pictures list view of StreamedMp, that I like very much.

Kind regards,
    Dreesje

+1

I use the large thumbs view in X-factor because I don't like the list view, but I used to love the list view of StreamedMP.

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey cul8er I love this skin. Moving pictures is what won me over. I was wondering if someone could work on a myemulators skin that used fanart or a screenshotfor each game/system. I know they have some cool stuff going on at streamedMP and I would love it if something like that came with x-factor. Thanks

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Atreides,

The current myemulator plugin supports fanart. Please put your fanart for games in this folder and name it exactly as the title of the game and it will show in MP.
    Animations\emulator\nameofyourgame.jpg

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread