Feature Requests & Bug Reports (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Cheers - I've turned it on, but now when browsing my albums in filmstrip mode, I only get backdrops showing for those few artists that I have 'named' backdrops for; for the rest of the artists I only get a blank screen - it would be good if it could show a random music backdrop for those artists that don't have a 'named' backdrop, or just 'random' backdrops in the album filmstrip mode and just use the 'named' backdrops when you enter a particular artist.

Also, I notice that when music is playing and I back out to the basic home, I have the album art and details in the new upper left position but there's also the small visualisation playing over to the right of the screen - seems like it's out of place. Personally, I would prefer if the only time you see the visualisation is when you go to fullscreen vis, never in the small box.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The new navigation in XFactor (latest release) is flawed IMO. If I am in a very long playlist and want to go to the top controls, I can no longer go:

Left, up, up, right

as before, but I now have to scroll all the way to the top and then press up once more. If you have a 24 page playlist, this is very annoying. Also, I can't go to the bottom of a long list of files by pressing up like before. As this has been the norm since the first release and I almost never use any other skin, this isn't really user friendly (to me).

I notice this is also happening in the TVSeries Season/Episode selection and in the MyVideos Icon view - if I'm at the top of a list and want to quickly get to the bottom, I press 'Up', and to the bottom is where it should (and always has) take me; this new navigation 'policy' is really awful (sucks, in fact)

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

I am not sure if this is a problem for me locally, or if this is something that is really a bug so take this with a grain of salt.

While watching LiveTV in fullscreen mode, the current program aswell as the next program is displayed. On my computer these are very close, and almost if not overlapping each other in the Y-axis.

See the attached screenshot.

Now, I am not sure about what the rest of you like, but I would like the two entries to be a few more pixels apart in the Y-axis.

Now, If this really is a local issue, I would like to change this for my own good. I know that I can edit the corresponding files manually, but I am not sure exactly which file, and which entry to edit. I looked in the file "mytvFullscreen.xml" but I couldn't find anything obvious.

Thanks for the great effort you are putting into this!

Attachments

• tv.jpg
      tv.jpg
      113.9 KB

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think they're too close as well - I would like to see the 'Now' details (perhaps in a slightly larger font), then the program description, then the 'Next' details (perhaps in a slightly smaller font) in grey so it's not as prominent as the 'Now', and definately with a bit of space between the lines :D

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The ideal solution for me would be to have the Now: + program details and the next to the right.

Look at my beautiful illustration if you don't get the idea :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      15.4 KB

Cetra

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Another small request:

I noticed the logo images files are present for AAC and OGG/Vorbis audio but the TVSeries config that comes with X-Factor does not include the logo configuration for them.

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi!

I am not sure if this is a problem for me locally, or if this is something that is really a bug so take this with a grain of salt.

While watching LiveTV in fullscreen mode, the current program aswell as the next program is displayed. On my computer these are very close, and almost if not overlapping each other in the Y-axis.

See the attached screenshot.

Now, I am not sure about what the rest of you like, but I would like the two entries to be a few more pixels apart in the Y-axis.

Now, If this really is a local issue, I would like to change this for my own good. I know that I can edit the corresponding files manually, but I am not sure exactly which file, and which entry to edit. I looked in the file "mytvFullscreen.xml" but I couldn't find anything obvious.

Thanks for the great effort you are putting into this!

Have you installed the Xfactor Fonts. I removed them in the previous version but have re-installed them for this version as I was getting overlap and spacing issues in various places within the skin.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have you installed the Xfactor Fonts. I removed them in the previous version but have re-installed them for this version as I was getting overlap and spacing issues in various places within the skin.

Yes, I have installed the Xfactor fonts. Had some issues with ForTheRecord, which were related to me not copying some language files, so I triple checked that I had them installed.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi cul8er!

Now that the fanart handler plugin is so close to its 1.0 version (incredible job, btw), I think that you can have a look at the the new version (not official, but well, is better than the previous one and the official developer says that it's not going to continue developing it) of the myEmulators plugin. Here you have a link to the thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-emulators-247/inofficial-new-release-major-updates-73900/

Atreides and Toga (thanks for your work guys) made a new skin file for this plugin version, but as it is based on the StreamMP skin it doesn't look very XFactorish.

Can you please have a look at it and make a skin file that fits with XFactor style including fanart, more screenshots,...? BTW, is it a problem on my configuration or your myEmulator skinfile doesn't allow the PC Games screen?

Finally, I don't know if you saw it or not, but some weeks ago I posted a problem with the Moving Pictures skin file and nobody answered me, so I don't know if I am the only one having this problem. Here you have my post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/552534-post446.html

Can you confirm it cul8er? ;)

Thank you very much for all your work and effort man, I really appreciate it (although my English level sometimes doesn't help me to be grateful enough).

Best regards,

Aitor

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread