Feature Requests (4 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your kind words. You can actually delete recordings already and with the latest version you can also delete entire folders of recordings. Just swipe left on a recording/folder of recordings to reveal a delete button.

Coppice

Portal Member
    August 14, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, the delete functionality works great for TV recordings however I automatically move recordings that are movies into the movies library/database with tasks running on the server and wish to delete from there when duplicates show up in the movie library. Is that possible or something that can be implemented ?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, no way to do that using existing apis. But I guess you will be able to do this if you managed to auto move and autoimport the recordings since that is not a default setup;)

Omar1925

Portal Member
    December 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Philippine Philippine
    is there an option where we can show a "NOW PLAYING" poster display outside of the theater such as this one?

image.jpg1_zpsvgmq6gls.jpg

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, we currently have no such option. I guess one could add it as an alternative screen saver... But we don't use portrait mode so it would then be landscape where the poster don't cover entire screen. Anyway, noted your request. :)

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @johanj , this is a fantastic app.

Can I suggest one feature which will bring this app on par with ampdroid- that is the ability to download tv shows movies or recordings to the iPad for offline viewing. Ideally if I can queue up several shows to sync to the device while on wifi before say taking a long flight, that would be great.

I do this the long way round with webmediaportal but if we could have this in the app that would be pretty cool.

In addition, are there any plans to implement the split screen and or picture in picture capabilities of the later iOS versions? Being able to multi task with the mediaportal app would be a fabulous feature. You'd be able to start a tv show or movie, and then undock the video from the app while you do something else. Is this something you can enable on the iOS video player?

Thanks
    Ay129

Last edited:

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello again, so i've been using the updated version for some time now and i have to say i LOVE IT EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE!!! If thats even possible
    It is such a great app - my wife and i use it daily to control my media centre PC setup with MP and freesat.

Like the first version I have stress tested the new version to death and come up with a lovely long list of suggestions to make it even better!!! FYI my HTPC is in the UK and over the last 2 years of using the app i have watched UK tv in Houston, Calgary and now Perth australia via a slingbox and a receiving HTPC running slingfront. Ive been lucky to have a 100mbit line at both ends in all three locations so there has been no latency issues.

Heres what i've found:

1) I see you implemented a way to offset an EPG if the user is in another timezone. Thanks for that its a BIG help but what i would love to see is a toggle button in settings to view the times displayed on the epg as local to the user (as curently) OR local to the server. When using MPIV on a different timezone to the host it becomes very difficult to translate the local times shown on the EPG to server times and vice versa.
    2) When i want to schedule a program that is on in the future i swipe forward to the day/time but after i have assigned a recording the guide snaps back to current time. I know you fixed this previously and it appears record "once" works without the snap back but every other recording type still causes the issue.
    3) Option to configure which advanced recording options appear in the list when a recording is set (like the DJBlu options in MP config) (im not using DJBlu)
    4) Sometimes when deleting recordings the app can hang with a spinning circle which does not go away until a press is made on another item. Sometimes episodes dont delete when this happens and a manual delete logging into tv server is required (for me by remote desktop)
    5) Having an option to manage recording numbers (of a particular show) like is in "Episode Management" of MP would be nice. I know i can navigate to this using the remote but it is very painful
    6) When channel group/recordings button is set to recordings consider button in recordings at the same location to quickly flick back to epg (i know the button is at the bottom)
    7) Feature to add premier of a tv episode when guide data allows. E.g. yellow flashy writing or something. This would help differentiate between repeats and premiers
    8) Skin option to see more rows in epg as in MP client. There seems to be a fair amount of real estate at the top going to waste
    9) Episode names and numbers in description and epg entries - i thought this was implemented but i still cant see them despite my guide data containing this info.
    10) Episode names and numbers in search results
    11) Show icon in search results to show if something is scheduled to record (e.g. the little red symbol)
    11) When i deactivate activities why do they still appear under activities at the bottom.
    12) Option to change activities button to recordings (only)
    13) In recordings screen it would be nice to have a little magnifying glass next to recordings to do a 'quick search' for upcoming episodes of that particular show. The search screen could then identify what upcoming episodes are scheduled to be recorded (such as 11)
    14) Option/button in EPG screen to see upcoming episodes (and whether they are marked to be recorded) for a highlighted show
    16) Sometimes recordings that i have watched are marked unwatched in MPiV, this is not a bug but it would be nice to be able to mark as watched manually. Suggest swiping from left to right on a recording (rather than right to left which deletes)
    17) I may accidentally press record on a show i dont want but there is no way to exit the record dialogue except for restarting the app. Consider adding little 'X' mark in one of the corners to close the dialogue without recording.
    18) Remote control - the skip buttons still advance a program in time i.e. skip steps rather than skip to next chapter as per default remote settings in MP. The left/right up/down arrows use skip steps on default MP remote settings
    19) Option to enable/disable automatic tv skipping with comskip within settings.

What do you think? Hope this helps

I'll keep stress testing and brainstorming :)

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Karl

Thanks for your feedback. I will probably take a look at your list at some point but it will unfortunately take some time. I can't spend so much time on the project anymore and the little time I have is spent on Home Automation integration with OpenHAB mainly for own needs. It all started with our ideas of control over MediaPortal and all house control of lights, heating, cameras etc. We 'just' finsihed the first part and the HA is still work in progress.

The next step for MPiV is probably to support MP2 when MP2Ext. gets more ready.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    No problem, this is seriously a great app so please keep up the good work. The home automation stuff you mention will be amazing and i cant wait to see the first stab.
    Im keen to migrate to MP2 but have not moved only because mpextended (and therefore mpiv) is only MP1 compatible but im sure the extended guys will have MP2 on their horizons. For now i am happy because through the countless hours of painstaking configurations, testing and adjusting my system works really well.

If you do get a sudden urge to do a quick MPIV tv upgrade numbers 1 and 2 are big on the wifes list ;)

All the best

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The home automation might or might not be in an official MPiV version. We are doing it for ourself in the first place but will see how generic we can make it and if it makes sense in the end to add it to the official app.

MP2Ext(MPExtended for MP2) is in development and I have worked with adapting MPiV. E.g. MPExt do not care about case but MP2Ext do. But MP2Ext is waiting for some rework in MP2 and I guess I will not do anything more before a dev version comes out that can be used in latest MP2 version.

Users who are viewing this thread