How many clients do you have? (1 Viewer)

How many clients are connected to your MP Server?

• Total voters

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Out of interest - how many clients are people running from their MP Server? Anyone with a very fancy setup?

Personally I'm still single-seat (although sometimes my laptop connects, so maybe that counts as 1 client!)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Right now, single seat.

The plan is to have a headless server (performing other server duties as well) with three actual clients and two PCs using the stripped down VLC based client.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Singleseat atm, but I want to have a WHS running TV Server and then 2-3 clients.
    I think when Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series support flawless database access from multiple clients I will have a go at it.

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My server doubles up as a client and then I have an additional 3 clients, plus occasionally the laptop is used as a client, so that makes 5, however it's very rare that more than one is used at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple internet search should give you plenty of answers, that you need of course to find your way through. Hardware is not decisive, both will work I recommend to drop SD and use the "EPG-Buddy" in connection with...
    Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple...
    It's looking like SageTV and it's support is dying a slow death at this point so I am looking at alternatives. I have a few...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you joecrow! It seems to resolve the problem I got since 1.22.
    Thank you joecrow! It seems to resolve the problem I got since 1.22.
    Hi Guys, Most times I have had an issue with MP1 it has been a platform/OS/finger-trouble issue that a re-install etc fixes...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom