Maya Feature requests (1 Viewer)

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Oh well, I didn't search over there. I will take a look at the XML files myself and try to find out how it is done and maybe just try to take over the world implement a very very basic functionality. That's the dream anyway. But since I am no programmer, it will probably end up with my quietly crying in the corner.
In the mean time, I will wait and maybe some day, in the future ...

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I have been going back and forth between MediaPortal and XBMC, because XBMC has the most amazing skins that I really like. MediaPortal got me back because of some plugins I just need to use. One day I saw Maya and was all happy - a simple clean skin that is fast, not overbloated, not over-photoshopped (overly emboss effects anyone?). This would be a perfect skin for except I can't use it now: It does not support MyAnime2 plugin which is an absolute necessity for me.

So my question is: Is there a plan to implement the support for MyAnime2? I tried to search for the answer, but nobody else asked about it, nor did I find it between the mods of this skin. I even created an account here just to ask this and this is something I rarely do. So please, implement it. Pretty please? *sad puppy eyes*

I would give it a try, if I was not transforming Maya to 4:3 right now...
Looking at the webpage showed me a bunch of different screens, so it won't be easy to implement I guess.

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I have been going back and forth between MediaPortal and XBMC, because XBMC has the most amazing skins that I really like. MediaPortal got me back because of some plugins I just need to use. One day I saw Maya and was all happy - a simple clean skin that is fast, not overbloated, not over-photoshopped (overly emboss effects anyone?). This would be a perfect skin for except I can't use it now: It does not support MyAnime2 plugin which is an absolute necessity for me.

So my question is: Is there a plan to implement the support for MyAnime2? I tried to search for the answer, but nobody else asked about it, nor did I find it between the mods of this skin. I even created an account here just to ask this and this is something I rarely do. So please, implement it. Pretty please? *sad puppy eyes*

I would give it a try, if I was not transforming Maya to 4:3 right now...
    Looking at the webpage showed me a bunch of different screens, so it won't be easy to implement I guess.

OK, I installed MyAnime2 and quickly (like one hour ;) ) made up skinfiles for it. Maybe you can try those and tell me how they are, since I don't have no Anime to try out.
    Just copy the .xmls into the Maya folder and don't forget to copy the MyAnime Media folder into the Maya/Media directory. I hope it works.

EDIT: For the download look two posts down!

zoom

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello, sorry I didn't notice your answer before. I was trying to hack the XFactor portion of MyAnime2 into Maya, but that didn't work very well. It was usable, but I couldn't see the cursor, some parts of text, animation was bad, background didn't match the screen, etc.

I tried your solution and it works really well, I am happy. I found these obvious glitches:

1) The background image seems to be missing from all views (no matter if it's the main list or episode list or episode details):

2) When I am in any list on top position (that is the first item in any list) and I press the Up arrow, MediaPortal crashes:

I don't know if you need some log files or application dump from the crash to pinpoint the error, but if you do, just say what you need and I will get it. And even if you don't choose to continue to work on this right now, I am still gratefull, because it works and I can now use the Maya skin until these problems are fixed eventually.

I will be monitoring this thread now and try to reply as soon as possible. If I am not here I am either sleeping or at work (which is irregular, so one day I might answer at noon, the other day during night, etc). So far, big thanks.
    :D

zoom

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello, I finally got home and tried the new files. I copied them to the proper location and deleted Cache in ProgramData folder and I am reporting a semi-success.

The background on the anime list/banners/episodes view still doesn't seem to function. However, the crash on arrow Up has been resolved and now I can access the menu and change layout or do other things:

The Calendar, Downloads and Collection seem to be displayed correctly:

I can try any number of modifications if you want to fix this. Once the background is there, I can play with every menu option to see, if everything is working correctly. Thanks again.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya Feature requests

sorry Guys but this is the wrong Thread about that.

Please post this Discussion in the Community Mods Thread about User Files. This Thread is only for Maya own Files.

woo73

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya Feature requests

Hello,

support of OnlineVideos Parameters within the Basic Home Editor would be very very nice.
    Plugin parameters are supported by MediaPortal since version 1.2

More information:
    1. Description of the OnlineVideos Parameters:
      Thread: [Added in 0.27] Open OnlineVideos with Parameter
    2. Implemented in skin Black Glass:
      Thread: Request -for onlinevideos start with parameter.

woo73

This feature will be added in the next version.

Sounds great.
    Please don't forget the parameter "search" :)

And would this feature also be possible in "Modules of Submenu"?
    The plan is to create a "OnlineVideos"-Button in the main menu that includes the several OnlineVideos items.

woo73

Users who are viewing this thread